Stastny vs iginla

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
at 6m? Probably Stastny...but he likely wasn't going to sign for that so for the deals as is (7 for Staz, Iggy for 5.whatever) Iginla all day long...even though he's older and likely slowing down, that 2 million-ish is gonna give us a bit more wiggle room to fill the remaining holes in the lineup. He also gives us a sniper, which the top 6 was missing.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Stastny, and so would management. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. If you're going to dive into fantasy world, it's not fair to Iginla that he's not given the same consideration as Stastny.

Why not ask if Avs fans would rather Stastny @ 6x6, or Iginla @ 3x3?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Stastny wouldn't have signed that deal. There are rumors out there of teams that offered him more years than the Blues at $7m and the Avs moving up to almost $7m.

If he signed the same contract as Iggy, I would debate between the two... but with Iggy's being far smaller that Pauly's $7m it is a no brainer for Iggy.

One thing to remember with this is the cap room issue. Even with Iggy at 5.3, the Avs will have some cap issues for a couple years. When he comes off the books it will be a huge help to the cap situation for the team. So if you had Stastny at $6m for 3 extra years beyond Iggy's deal, you'd have more cap issues than the Avs will already have. So even assuming 6x6 vs 5.33x3... I'd choose the 5.33x3 for a similar caliber player.

DRL

Mar 2, 2003
Brampton, Ontario
Well I put stastny at 6m because otherwise I think it's a no brainer. Blues fans not too happy with his Casper playoff act and iginla had a much better regular season.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Why not just simplify and say, would you rather we have resigned Stastny or signed Iginla? The dollars are purely theoretical.

I'm not sure we'll ever really know what effect Stastny leaving had on our team's massively ****** start to the season, or on MacKinnon's year in its entirety, but you can certainly see the effect Stastny had on the Blue's playoff efforts. That's enough for me in itself.

member 116861

I'll take Pauly at his current contract over Iginla AINEC.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I wouldn't want Stastny for 6 years, especially if the cap hit is going to be $6M+.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
We probably would have had to give 26 a NTC/NMC.

I said it during the season...I'd take Stastny at what he's making now over Iggy and what he's making now. But I am a Stastny fan, so take that FWIW.

Landy-Staz-Mack
ROR-Dutchy-Tangs

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan
Iggy all day. It's better for the team. Stastny at 6 hurts us down the road. Plus Iggy is a much more consistent player. Let's not forget the weak play Stastny put out before his contract season. Blues are feeling that hurt now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad