Confirmed with Link: Stastny (50% ret.) for Foley, 2018 1st, cond. 2020 4th

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
:shakehead Holy recency bias, Batman!
They are not trading Little. Aside from his obvious value to the team, on and off the ice, to anyone who has been watching for any substantial period of time, his new contract has a full NMC till 2020.
The point being you can't have a third line center making 6 mil a year!

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
The point being you can't have a third line center making 6 mil a year!

Yes you can. You just need to shave elsewhere. Insert ELC's

We pay Myers 5+ and Kuli 4+ to be our third pair when healthy... (I don't really like it but hey)

We could absolutely keep Stastny without trading little but it will require extensive work by Chevy and a compromise by Stastny.

Any number of things could happen instead.

Trade Myers
Trade Kuli
Replace Toby with Niku
Trade Chariot
Trade Mason
Bridge Connor
Bridge JoMo
Cheap out on or move Trouba
Trade MP

I've also thought about doing a Kucherov type deal for Laine so we can maximize our current cup window.

We would end up paying him a fortune afterwards but it might be worth it to maximize cap space for the next 4 years.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Now that we are playing meaningless games they should really be trying Roslo in stastny's spot. After all, it is important to know whether it works so the team can save 5 mil next season.
Yes you can. You just need to shave elsewhere. Insert ELC's

We pay Myers 5+ and Kuli 4+ to be our third pair when healthy... (I don't really like it but hey)

We could absolutely keep Stastny without trading little but it will require extensive work by Chevy and a compromise by Stastny.

Any number of things could happen instead.

Trade Myers
Trade Kuli
Replace Toby with Niku
Trade Chariot
Trade Mason
Bridge Connor
Bridge JoMo
Cheap out on or move Trouba
Trade MP

I've also thought about doing a Kucherov type deal for Laine so we can maximize our current cup window.

We would end up paying him a fortune afterwards but it might be worth it to maximize cap space for the next 4 years.
Better argument is that you shouldn't be paying a 3c 6 mil not that you can't. Chariot's 2 mil is not that big of a factor and I would much rather have Connor and JoMo signed long term than have Little. I would much rather Lowry and Copp be our 3/4 C's. It's impossible to move Little right now with his NMC but that doesnt mean that it was the right move. Who knows maybe Little Wheeler and Connor can our second line next year and then his 5 mil isn't looking that bad.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I really like Foley but don't feel he'll be more than a fourth liner in the NHL. Some have him with higher upside, im just not seeing it right now. He could be bottom six but I think realistically a fourth liner.

Reactions: Channelcat

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Look at his entire career rather than assigning value based on random 5 game stretches.
Pffft. What have you done for me lately. ;)

I don't know that I buy the narratives of players like Stastny going quiet - it's usually just normal scoring variance, and too high an emphasis is placed on lack of scoring for stretches.

Last edited:

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
The Blues traded him because he wasn't consistent according to the forums I read on The St.Louis board. They also felt at $ 7 mil per year, they were expecting a 1st line center, and he wasn't able to fill that role.

If I were Chevy, I'd just keep him only as a "rental." He would want around $ 5mil per year to resign, and we'd have an aging 32 year old center eating up Cap space --we already have an older Bryan Little on the books.

He's the type of player that seems to disappear for 4-5 games, and you don't notice him. He generally is reliable, makes smart plays, and is good for the Jet's right now. I would not resign him though.

I think Roslovic from what I have seen will fill in fine as a 2nd or 3rd line center at 1/4 of the cost, and I think we'd have a better player in the long run, and financially it makes sense.

Reactions: adammlis

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Pffft. What have you done for me lately. ;)

I don't know that I buy the narratives of players like Stastny going quiet - it's usually just normal scoring variance, and too high an emphasis is placed on lack of scoring for stretches.
You are right. I just think the resign Stas at any cost train needs to slow down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad