Confirmed with Link: Stastny (50% ret.) for Foley, 2018 1st, cond. 2020 4th

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
We could definitely keep them all. But it would likely mean Stats signs for at the most 5 mil and on a short term deal to give us some flexibility when we need to resign the kids. How much the cap goes up will be a big factor as well

Need to hope the cap comes in at the high end of the expected range next year $82M+

Reactions: Howard Chuck

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Need to hope the cap comes in at the high end of the expected range next year $82M+

That would be awesome. In the meantime we need to show Stats the time of his life. He was getting a lot of cheers last game. Maybe he'll come to love it here and convince this family to make the move.

Reactions: Howard Chuck

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
That would be awesome. In the meantime we need to show Stats the time of his life. He was getting a lot of cheers last game. Maybe he'll come to love it here and convince this family to make the move.

Love Your Optimism...

I also hope Stast's stays in Winnipeg...

jets2020champs

Nov 6, 2016
Canada
I would imagine that it’s hard to move kids to a new school. I’m guessing hockey player’s kids would go to schools like St Johns Ravencourt or Balmoral Hall. If Jets has any interest in resigning Stastny, now would be a good time to tour these schools rather than wait until school is out.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
I would imagine that it’s hard to move kids to a new school. I’m guessing hockey player’s kids would go to schools like St Johns Ravencourt or Balmoral Hall. If Jets has any interest in resigning Stastny, now would be a good time to tour these schools rather than wait until school is out.

He apparently only got married in 2014. I doubt his kids are school age yet.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
It is possible to procreate out of wedlock. ;)

Heathen! Get thee to the Vegas board!

Wiki has this to say about Paul: "He has mentioned "religion, education and the importance of family" as important values in his upbringing,[12] and has spoken about his father's help in making him a better player."

Sounds like Westgate might be on his school list.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
After playoff spot is locked, Maurice could intentionally make kind of stress testing for his team:

Always challenge some on ice situation you KNOW you'll get penalty during few first minutes of the 1st period of a game. :naughty:

Edit: Damn. Wrong thread.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I have a feeling Edmonton gives Stastny a ridiculous offer in the off-season, although I could see him signing with Colorado or Vegas.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I have a feeling Edmonton gives Stastny a ridiculous offer in the off-season, although I could see him signing with Colorado or Vegas.
The Oilers are already spending $27M on centres between McDavid, Drai and RNH and had a press conference the other day saying that was too much.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The Oilers are already spending $27M on centres between McDavid, Drai and RNH and had a press conference the other day saying that was too much.
Especially when they need defensemen and maybe a goalie . Can't say enough what a awesome job Chevy did with the Scheif signing . :clap:

Reactions: LucianoBorsato

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

I doubt Edmonton goes after any centers. He'll be a hot commodity in FA though and many many teams will try to sign him. Can't see the Oilers, Pens, Wings, Rags or Bolts being among those teams. Likely not Ottawa either.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
It is possible to procreate out of wedlock. ;)

0fe.gif

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Nashville is the only team in the west that is a concern to me to be honest. Don't have to deal with the VGK voodoo that would also be scary. But a 1st round match with Dallas, Minny, STL, Calgary, Anaheim, bring it on !

Oh boy do I ever want Anaheim.

Revenge is a dish best served [on] cold [ice].

Reactions: 10Ducky10

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I put no stock in Stastny signing here. He is a temporary hired merc, enjoy him while we can. I’m pretty sure we will have this same conversation with the next couple of TDL aquisitions.

GoJetsGo
Yes, I don't think he, nor the Jets are looking at a contract here.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
I think Chevy and co will really like Stastny’s contribution and may try to sign him.

Does $5.5 mill/yr over 4 years get it done? Would Jets want to do that?

Other than Roslovic, is there a young player with 50 point upside that can slot into our top 9?

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
It's just too early to assume anything will continue beyond this season...but fun to speculate.
If the Jets win a playoff series or two, Stastny will have had an opportunity to really test out the team and players, and that will put Winnipeg ahead of every franchise other than St Louis.
The best thing the Jets have going for them now to retain a guy like PS, aside from the opportunity to win, is their collective intelligence and character. That is something Stastny shares and values by all reports, and something Chevy has carefully cultivated. In addition to Wheeler, young guys like Lowry, Morrissey and Scheifele make for a healthier dressing room and better traveling companions than E Kane and certain others who are no longer on the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad