Confirmed with Link: Stastny (50% ret.) for Foley, 2018 1st, cond. 2020 4th

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
What I just came to realize is this trade is better than I thought it was. When you have Stastny with Ehlers and Laine, it's more dangerous than it looks.

Stastny is amazing at rebounds and being around the net, but not only that he's good at driving the play and leading the rush. When you have Ehlers, passing to Laine taking the shot, he's there to shoot on the rebound.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Terms
Money

And how Jets do in the playoffs this year.

Schiefele
Little / Stastny
Lowry
Copp

As your 5 c's is one of the best not name Malkin/Crosby

Hope they train/try Roslo also at C for agames even shifts once the seeds for the Jets is determine.
Hopefully with 3-5 gamez to go.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Wonder if he would be willing to do a one year deal at a above average rate, knowing the numbers he’d put up in a full season with Laine and Ehlers?

Worked well for Jagr during his last few seasons, and probably made him more $$ by signing year to year.

Wishful thinking, but maybe a strong cup run entices him to stay on for a full season.

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
I'm on the sign Stastny train for next season, but even if we were able to get a contract I always have the Seattle expansion in my mind. How long would we sign him? would we protect him ? If a woodchuck could chuck wood, how much wood could a woodchuck chuck ? All serious questions. Do love what I've seen from him between Ehlers and Laine.

Reactions: Mestaruus

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
We need to win the cup.....then he might take a discount to try to do it again.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Unless he's willing to take a deal in the 4mil range I don't think it's in the cards

If I got to guess, he goes back to STL. If Winnipeg won't have playoff success this year then it looks like STL simply stole Winnipeg's #1 draft pick.

I'm on the sign Stastny train for next season, but even if we were able to get a contract I always have the Seattle expansion in my mind. How long would we sign him? would we protect him ? If a woodchuck could chuck wood, how much wood could a woodchuck chuck ? All serious questions. Do love what I've seen from him between Ehlers and Laine.

Expansion draft is a good point. Is it at the end of next season already?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Most likely scenario for his return is losing in the finals I think. The more heartbreaking the loss, the more likely he'll return

Hossa just switched sides from Pittsburgh to Detroit (didn't work)

Reactions: csk

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
If I got to guess, he goes back to STL. If Winnipeg won't have playoff success this year then it looks like STL simply stole Winnipeg's #1 draft pick.

Expansion draft is a good point. Is it at the end of next season already?
Stastny going back to St. Louis doesn't make this deal any worse for us than Stastny going to any other team that's not us.

We paid a 1st for a rental.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Stastny going back to St. Louis doesn't make this deal any worse for us than Stastny going to any other team that's not us.

We paid a 1st for a rental.

Yep, and if we don't win the Cup, but go deeper into the playoffs because he played a part, then the experience and confidence that our youth will receive will have been worth it.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
So far this move couldn’t have worked out better for all sides and by that I mean Jets Blues and Stas. Hopefully we have a good playoffs and make it really count.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Only way he stays is if they can somehow trade little.
:shakehead Holy recency bias, Batman!
They are not trading Little. Aside from his obvious value to the team, on and off the ice, to anyone who has been watching for any substantial period of time, his new contract has a full NMC till 2020.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad