Start Your Franchise Draft I

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I too wondered this. Since we are only choosing 1 player and no other players on the roster it kind of seems out of context. Like why not take Miggy and his bazillion dollar contract? If he's your only player what difference does it make about the salaries, positional need or age of player? It's all in a vacuum and we don't really have any frame of reference or incentive to build towards a goal. That's why I don't get the team thing exactly.

The way I see it is that we are picking 1 player but with longterm plans in mind. As in you ***** your teams projected payroll and draft the player as in you are required to fill out rest of the roster (which we aren't doing - just assuming).

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Budgets need to be taken into account IMO. I don't see A's for example taking David Price. At least if I had A's I probably wouldn't take him.

But still without creating a full roster it just seems too basic. I think we should draft full rosters :laugh:

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I'm for drafting maybe five rounds, but definitely not full rosters. I mean, I know a lot about the current state of baseball, but I'm close to a zero when it comes to prospects besides knowing about 60 names or so.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Yea I mean I don't want to do just another fantasy draft. At very most 3 rounds for me. Part of the appeal is seeing how people value certain young players. Do multiple rounds and they all just end up being picked anyway.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm good with whatever. I think this is different from your typical fantasy draft because you're looking at defence and composition as well, but yeah. I'm up for however many rounds.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
1st overall? Well then.
The San Francisco Whatevers select OF Mike Trout because duh.
Lahontan_cutthroat_trout_image_USFWS.jpg

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
With the 2nd overall pick, the Minnesota Twins select the man with the golden salad.

bs1024.gif

Bryce Harper

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
If we are drafting for real life teams, I dunno if the Twins would pay up for Harper considering he only has three years left (including this one).

No one would pass on him. Guaranteed. That's three years where you are immediately in the playoff mix just with him.

Vegeta

God Dammit Nappa
May 2, 2009
Capsule Corp.
Taking age, potential, and contract situation into consideration, the Mariners select 28 year old 1B Paul Goldschmidt, and his career 150 OPS+. He is signed through 2018, with a 14.5 Million dollar team option for 2019. An absolute steal of a contract.

011714_goldschmidt_cut4_e3a0z8ap.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad