Post-Game Talk: Start the plane! Jets win 4-1

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013

I believe Bettman is trying hard to sell the game in the US, and I commend him for a job well done over the last 12-15 years, whether I like him or not.

Considering from what I've heard sportscasters say--that the Preds were one of the most "penalized" teams this year, and not one penalty to them all night vs Jets ???

It makes you wonder if Bettman has informed officials at the top level to be extra hard on the Jets ?? I hate to think this way, but keeping the NHL playoffs in big market cities in the US-- brings in a lot more advertising money $$$ into the NHL headquarters. I really would like to believe this "cannot be true" ??? If it is--it's an atrocity !!!
Preds got some pretty nice treatment from the refs in last years playoffs.... until they faced off against Sid and the Pens and the calls looked even. I don’t think it’s a conspiracy theory whatsoever. I agree that the NHL appears to push a narrative at times and small market teams with no particular novelty, such as the Blues, don’t generally fare too well. Just my opinion. In any case, Go Jets!

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Two of the penalties the Jets got in game 1 were weak calls.

The goalie interference call on Wheeler and the play where Enstrom let go of his stick and the Nashville player stepped on his stick were bull**** calls in my opinion.
Bruins got a penalty for knocking a stick out of a player's hands. No call on exactly the same play vs. Little. Only difference in was game score and venue. NHL officiating is so inconsistent.

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
The look on PK's face makes me very happy

IMG_1042.jpg

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
These conspiracy theories are ridiculous- no the refs are not out to get the Jets, if you go on the board of any team the fans think that the refs are against them. And no the Preds shot totals don't look good because of "homer counting", "homer counting" might explain a couple of shots here or there but not the wide disparity we saw, neither is there any evidence that Preds shot counters are cheating based on their regular season numbers.
Certain teams do get the calls PERIOD! The difference is good teams can over come the calls and average teams can't. Please explain to me how a team who leads the league in penalties and minors jurying the season has ZERO penalties in 2 straight playoff games. I saw Jet players lying on the ice and the puck was no where near them.
As for the stats it's been proven in football homer counting DOES happen. I play a lot of fantasy football with IDP (points for defensive players) certain teams get lots of tackles points and others it's the opposite. I won't mention the teams but I always end up with a top defensive players with this advantage.
Seriously how does shot counters adding or subtracting shots called cheating? It has no effect on the score so it's not cheating.
If the shots were really 20-4 why did the game not look/feel like the Preds dominated the Jets in the first. Actually I was expecting the Preds to dominate the first 10 minutes like the Jets did in the first 10 minutes of game 5 but that never happened and I knew the Jets had a great shot of winning.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Bruins got a penalty for knocking a stick out of a player's hands. No call on exactly the same play vs. Little. Only difference in was game score and venue. NHL officiating is so inconsistent.
Yup it sure looked like the league wanted the Bolts to win this one. Pastrnak got a crosschecking penalty when Marchand scored but before the crosscheck the Bolts player did the same thing Kadri got suspended for.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Lowry seemed to be a step slower but I think it's just the team speed of Nashville making it look that way.

So glad to see Little step up and make a huge play I'd been cooling on him lately. Great great game by him maybe his best in 30 games.

When Armia is back in thats another guy the Preds offensive dmen will have to deal with in the cycle game

Loved Littles game for his icetime. Also his low key huge defensive play that only Cassie Campbell picked up on somehow. Dove and just got enough of the cross ice pass to make it bounce over a stick. Would have been a high danger area one timer. Despite just 3 points so far, IMO he looks a lot closer to old Little then he did this season. Playing with intensity and finishing checks too. Keep that line together until we get back either Perreault or Armia. Which I hope is soon. Hendricks and Roslo both are not up to it

Reactions: sipowicz and GNP

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Does anyone know ?- is this site not working right ??- or is it just my computer ??-it keeps logging me off every 4 seconds or so-- very aggravating !!!

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Loved Littles game for his icetime. Also his low key huge defensive play that only Cassie Campbell picked up on somehow. Dove and just got enough of the cross ice pass to make it bounce over a stick. Would have been a high danger area one timer. Despite just 3 points so far, IMO he looks a lot closer to old Little then he did this season. Playing with intensity and finishing checks too. Keep that line together until we get back either Perreault or Armia. Which I hope is soon. Hendricks and Roslo both are not up to it

Little is one of those guys that gets better as time goes on -- I think he's still quite underrated, and has quite a few more good years in him.

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
It'll probably get worse in a few minutes as they announce 1,2 & 3 regardless of whether or not Montreal wins.

I think they need a hi-tech computer guy like you Aavco to beef up their server's capacity, or get new servers. They can't handle hi-traffic situations at all it seems.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

I think they need a hi-tech computer guy like you Aavco to beef up their server's capacity, or get new servers. They can't handle hi-traffic situations at all it seems.

I'm not high tech and I don't use a computer. Strictly iPad iPhone

Reactions: 10Ducky10

EastRiver

Jul 1, 2012
Canada
Does anyone know ?- is this site not working right ??- or is it just my computer ??-it keeps logging me off every 4 seconds or so-- very aggravating !!!
Same thing was happening to me last week. I just selected the keep my logged in option, and haven't had to problem since./

Reactions: GNP

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Same thing was happening to me last week. I just selected the keep my logged in option, and haven't had to problem since./

I'll give that a shot East River -- but I think it's from very heavy traffic, because at times I can stay logged in for a very long time. thanks :)

Reactions: EastRiver

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg

Your right East River- I selected the "keep me logged in" and "no problem." See how easy life can be if you know the simple answers. Now I know :nod:

Reactions: EastRiver

EastRiver

Jul 1, 2012
Canada

Your right East River- I selected the "keep me logged in" and "no problem." See how easy life can be if you know the simple answers. Now I know :nod:
Glad it worked. It was annoying me too so I'm glad I had a simple solution. Computers are not usually this friendly to me.

Reactions: GNP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad