GDT: Stars vs. Ducks Part 2 (Game 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Just a reminder, guys(and girls), the home team GDT gets put on the playoff board. However, we lose that privilege if it doesn't contain at least some basic information. If you want to do a GDT, please at least put a modicum of effort into it. It doesn't need much, but it really should include something more than "Hey, we've got a game."

Edit: This isn't about your GDT, Spicy. That was more than fine, and hilarious.

Oct 18, 2011
Your the only one that wants Etem up. Get over the fact that Silf will not be scratched and Etem will not be called up unless there is more injuries. Your Etem love is rivaling Eenoks love for Vats
meh i think etem could potentially make more of an impact for us but i'd hate to throw him into the playoff fire with entirely new linemates. i am just talking about silf here but he did draw a penalty tonight, he just doesn't seem to make alot happen

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
If Beleskey is out I would absolutely rather have Etem in the lineup over DSP.

Winnik, Cogs, Allen, and Robi really all had great games tonight without contributing on the score sheet. We keep it 5-on-5 and we'll be fine. Oh, and please limit Koivu taking d-zone faceoffs when we're protecting leads. It really doesn't ever seem to end well. I STILL see the Weber goal from G5 in my nightmares.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Just a reminder, guys(and girls), the home team GDT gets put on the playoff board. However, we lose that privilege if it doesn't contain at least some basic information. If you want to do a GDT, please at least put a modicum of effort into it. It doesn't need much, but it really should include something more than "Hey, we've got a game."
Hey! Mine was perfectly serviceable. More than the main boards deserved, really.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
5-3 was horrible. Changed momentum. At least we had the 4 goal cushion. Andersen looked good, will get better I think more games he gets, still second game back from that weber shot.

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
meh i think etem could potentially make more of an impact for us but i'd hate to throw him into the playoff fire with entirely new linemates. i am just talking about silf here but he did draw a penalty tonight, he just doesn't seem to make alot happen

I probably should have worded it a little different then I did :laugh:

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Put me on board for Etem in the team IF Beleskey is injured.

I think he's better suited for this series given his forechecking ability + speed compared to DSP, he doesn't lose that much physically either. Forecheck and speed are things Dallas really struggled with today.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Put me on board for Etem in the team IF Beleskey is injured.

I think he's better suited for this series given his forechecking ability + speed compared to DSP, he doesn't lose that much physically either. Forecheck and speed are things Dallas really struggled with today.
They struggled in their own zone, period. If they don't deny zone entry at the blue line, they're in for a good long cycle shift against. DSP's as good as anyone else at down low play. Rakell's as good as anyone else at the offensive blue line. If Etem was in, he'd be great at collecting a dump in.

I think any of 'em's fine.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal

Edit: This isn't about your GDT, Spicy. That was more than fine, and hilarious.

Our next gdt should just be a screen shot of the stars gdt.

Ducksgo*

the guy sucks and is not even noticeable. I will add to your statement.

Etem + Cogliano forecheck would be insane against Dallas right now. He posted 3 pts against detroit in the previous playoffs. He shows up in the playoffs we all know the capability of Etem come playoff time.

One against scratch Silf and bring up Etem.

Etem has shown

j086yo.jpg

Everyone can deny as much as they want to but we need Etem in this series.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
He went towards the locker room after a shift, yelled "expletive", and then came back out a couple minutes later. Took one more shift, then went to the locker room again yelling expletives.

Yay 4 win... AMIRITE?

Looks like a nagging injury he already had.

Anaheim Ducks ‏@AnaheimDucks 53m
#NHLDucks Boudreau on @Matt_Beleskey: "It's a lower-body injury he's been dealing with. We'll see how he is and hopefully he plays Friday."

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
They struggled in their own zone, period. If they don't deny zone entry at the blue line, they're in for a good long cycle shift against. DSP's as good as anyone else at down low play. Rakell's as good as anyone else at the offensive blue line. If Etem was in, he'd be great at collecting a dump in.

I think any of 'em's fine.
That's true, I just like Etem's speed a bit more to get on top of their defence.

Though I agree, you couldn't really go wrong with any of them, we're in a lucky position with our young players, that's for sure.

TheGoodShepard

Mar 29, 2014
This tweet seems oddly contradictory:

Getzlaf takes a puck to the face. I hoe [sic] he's okay, but I also hope he is out for the rest of the playoffs. #beattheducks #NHLplayoffs
— Ian Wienert (@unrulyian) April 17, 2014

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
If Beleskey is out, I'd expect DSP or Rakell in, but I wouldn't mind Etem. I think he's a solid complementary guy, right now.

Oct 18, 2011
i wouldn't be surprised to see winnik on the top line, he had a good game, playoff style suits how he plays and has enough speed to get in on the forecheck. i'd like to see bonerpalms and the maroon group stick together tho

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
i wouldn't be surprised to see winnik on the top line, he had a good game, playoff style suits how he plays and has enough speed to get in on the forecheck. i'd like to see bonerpalms and the maroon group stick together tho

That also keeps Koivu, Cogliano, and Silfverberg together. I thought they had a pretty good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad