GDT: Stars vs. Ducks Part 2 (Game 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I really hope we don't see Etem up this playoffs cause that means someone would have to be seriously hurt. No to Etem
DSP and Rakell are sitting around waiting. We're not calling up Etem. If Beleskey's hurt I guess we'll see DSP.

Winnik looked decent with the twins, I'd leave him there. Makes their job defending Sagan and the Billions a bit easier.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
ducks played well 5v5 most of the game. our pp even looked ok...excluding the first.

that 5v3 changed the momentum and let the stars back in the game. still think that to many men was ********. our guys going off were not in the play and near the boards.

i'm guessing that was chris lee.
It was the idiot linesman. I wished somebody would wrap a fowl towel around his arm, if he wants to be a ref so damn bad.

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
DSP and Rakell are sitting around waiting. We're not calling up Etem. If Beleskey's hurt I guess we'll see DSP.

Winnik looked decent with the twins, I'd leave him there. Makes their job defending Sagan and the Billions a bit easier.

Exactly, Etem does not need to be brought up this post season

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I think it's pretty simple: If Getzlaf misses game 2, Rakell goes in

If Beleskey misses game 2, DSP goes in.

Let's pray they both are healthy by Friday

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia

Okay, that made me laugh.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
That start was amazing, couldn't have visioned a better beginning.

Not too happy with the 2nd half, but maybe it's good they realised that the Stars can be a dangerous club.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
what did it say? page doesnt exist

also, boudreau said "as far as i know" and i bet he doesn't know **** at this point. don't get your hopes up
Basically saying it was a terrible call to blow the whistle when Getzlaf was hit in the face and was only blown because Dallas had possession. And that play should of kept going as when Campbell broke his leg for Boston a few years ago (which no-one knew at the time) it wasn't whistled dead.

He conveniently forgets the referees are under obligation to blow the whistle for any sort of head injury, especially with all the furore over concussions.

rollingdux

Jun 2, 2012
So Cal
twitter.com
It sounded different to me. Like I said, I'm probably reading too much into it.

I think you are. Same with Freddy. They following Bruce's lead. I took it as they are disappointed they let Dallas even think about the possibility of beating them after taking the 4 goal lead.

And actually that's the kind of attitude you want no? Yeah the won & looked great for half the game but they gave Dallas life for game 2 (no knock on Dallas), but more of them knowing they let up.

93Ducks

Go Ducks
May 15, 2010
I know I'm late to the party, but that 3rd + Getz's face puck was killing me. Can't post and watch at the same time. Glad they pulled out the win, but man. Haven't read any of the gdt but I'm assuming most thought the refs were shaky. And that's not me trying to sound like Hayward at all. Not the best, but il take the win gladly.

Oct 18, 2011
gotta love the kings fans getting all excited for getzlaf and beleskey getting hurt, when they have a war coming with the sharks

Oct 18, 2011
i'm worried getzlaf has a broken jaw, OTOH the fact he isn't being rushed for dental work means he avoided the injury selanne had earlier in the year..hopefully all it is is a cut and a bruise, not being able to eat properly for someone like him would not be good

douglast5

PS3 GMC Comish
Sep 14, 2012
hfboards.hockeysfuture.com
Lets be honest though, if the Ducks stretch out that 15/20 minute span to a full 60, they will just run through this series.

4-3 win playing poorly, be interesting to see what would happen if they play a good game. Keep it to 5on5 and the team will continue to negate much of Dallas's efforts, like they did this game.

No point arguing on the main board guys, even if we lost 1-0 in game 7 of the cup final in triple overtime we would still be a garbage lucky team. Its just the same few king/sharks fans causing ****.

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
I thought the Ducks played a fine game today...had some lapses but overall very tenacious hockey.

In particular, I thought Koivu, Silfverberg, Winnik, Cogs, and Getz had fantastic games. Winnik was player of the game for me IMO.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
You are soooooo wrong on all fronts I don't even want to argue it. And I'm a serious arguer
tumblr_mdjxtxhZrU1r9wybv.gif

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
You are soooooo wrong on all fronts I don't even want to argue it. And I'm a serious arguer

Your the only one that wants Etem up. Get over the fact that Silf will not be scratched and Etem will not be called up unless there is more injuries. Your Etem love is rivaling Eenoks love for Vats

TheGoodShepard

Mar 29, 2014
I thought we played well outside of the 2 minutes where we went brain dead (having 2 bench minors is unacceptable, though).

Hopefully, Getzy and Bels are healthy for Game 2. Also, typical Kings fans :shakehead:shakehead.

Ducksgo*

Etem had 3 goals against detroit in a tough series. We need his forecheck.

Don't **** me on this one Murray. You know what you gotta do.

Cogs+Etem= Forecheck galore

Bring em up'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad