Confirmed with Link: Stars sign Tyler Pitlick (3 Years, $1.000M AAV)

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007

"tyler is a young player who will add speed and size to our lineup," said nill. "he offers versatility to our forward group and we look forward to him being a dallas star for many years."

Last edited by a moderator:

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I screwed up and forgot the Confirmed Link. Can one of the mods fix that?

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
From Dallas Stars official tweet:

"Tyler is a young player who will add speed and size to our lineup," said Nill. "He offers versatility to our forward group and we look forward to him being a Dallas Star for many years."

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
One thing to note, since the minimum raised this year, the amount you can bury has raised to just over $1 million. This could in theory still be an AHL signing, and they had to go one way to get him. Maybe?

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
The one thing I can think is that if he's supposed to be an AHL guy this year, the length might help him get through waivers.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I screwed up and forgot the Confirmed Link. Can one of the mods fix that?

I got it. For future reference: if you (or anyone else who posts an OP) go to edit that post, and click "Go Advanced", you should be able to change the prefix.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Am I only one feeling like trade is coming? Nill is going to rob the bank.

I heard this theory earlier this morning too... I'd be surprised, but Nill's done that plenty of times as well.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
The one thing I can think is that if he's supposed to be an AHL guy this year, the length might help him get through waivers.

This seems to be the most reasonable ... a Cracknell type signing last year. Cracknell would have been in the AHL had it not been for major injuries. Like I posted in the main off-season thread, Texas' forward depth is brutal.

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
I think you'll like Pitlick if he can stay healthy. He has decent hands, good speed and can lay out some big hits. He'd be a great fit on your fourth line, but can also move up the roster in limited duty if need be.

Morry83

14-90-91
Mar 16, 2013
The more I read about Pitlick, the more I'm liking this signing. I was good with it from the get go, but I'm really liking it now. Like many have said, he's basically this year's Patrick Eaves. If he can stay healthy, I think he could be a real sneaky signing by Nill.

Vikingstad

**** the King
May 1, 2011
Vancouver
You guys got a great player if he stays healthy. That's been the big problem, guy seems to have terrible luck getting major season ending injuries.

Has speed, good shot with ok hands, hits hard as well. Great energy forward that can play top6 if injuries occur, still has potential to improve too. If he's healthy you got a steal

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Dallas doesn't hand out a ton of signing bonus, and a 1/4 of this deal is signing bonus. Seems like they really wanted him.

According to CapFriendly, the money is evenly spread over the three years.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Dallas doesn't hand out a ton of signing bonus, and a 1/4 of this deal is signing bonus. Seems like they really wanted him.

According to CapFriendly, the money is evenly spread over the three years.

But why? I was unenthusiastic about signing Eaves last year but that was only 1 year. He had proven to be useful and healthier, why would we be going bananas for this specific case?

Today we saw Cammaleri and Pouliot and Sharp signed for 1 year at the same, 150k more and same cap hits. What does it say that our GM is cuckoo for this one and not those other 3?

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015
But why? I was unenthusiastic about signing Eaves last year but that was only 1 year. He had proven to be useful and healthier, why would we be going bananas for this specific case?

Today we saw Cammaleri and Pouliot and Sharp signed for 1 year at the same, 150k more and same cap hits. What does it say that our GM is cuckoo for this one and not those other 3?

He likes collecting players the Oilers grow tired of?

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX

Because if you hit on him you don't have to go back and re-sign him for a multi-year multi million dollar deal.

At worst he's in the AHL where there's plenty of room even if he's making more than he should. At best he's in the NHL making a 1/3 of what he should be paid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad