Confirmed with Link: Stars sign Alexander Radulov (5 Years, $6.25M AAV)

Azdinator

Jun 29, 2005
France
My attempt :
Benn - Seguin - Radulov
Janmark - Hanzal - Spezza
Roussel - Faksa - Nuke
Elie - Shore - Pitlick/Ritchie

Can you foresee a PP line like :
Benn - Seguin - Radu
Spezza - Klingberg

This is going to be an exciting year ! Thank you Mr Nill ! much appreciated !

Edit : in a 2nd degree/ironic statement, if we would had a trade proposition in the forum saying straight Radulov for Hemsky what would you think about it ? :)

Last edited:

ijuka

May 14, 2016
So in a vacuum, what kind of a linemate would you guys say would be the best fit for Seguin and Benn? In theory, Radulov should be a good fit but I'd like to have a few more opinions.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Have to put it up there with some of the late 90's off seasons, no doubt. Glad I renewed my tickets in the down period of May. And, upped the number of games with the guys I split the tickets with!

Anyone check the website to see if ticket prices have skyrocketed today? They may not feel like they can do that, but I guarantee they just became less flexible with discounts, packages, and what not.

If it is true you can turn a team around with the right 4-5 players, I think we have a good chance with Bishop, Methot, Radu, Hanzel, and Honka coming in.

I think Hitch needs a computer program to figure out potential line combos and D pairings. Didn't he think in terms of FW pairs, with the third essentially rotating in?

If my memory is correct, we might see Benn/Sequin, Spezz/Radu and Hanzel/Faksa with other wingers filling in. Or, can you see rolling with four centers of TS, JS, MH and RF night after night? Roughly equal time to keep them fresh, with top two centers on power play and bottom two on PK.

Time to start the annual line combos thread.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
So in a vacuum, what kind of a linemate would you guys say would be the best fit for Seguin and Benn? In theory, Radulov should be a good fit but I'd like to have a few more opinions.

A strong player with good wheels that can keep up and is confident enough with the puck to not automatically defer to 14/91 as soon as he gets the puck (as Val had the tendency to do)

I think Radulov is about as good of a fit for 14/91 as anyone.

Jim Nill and Bergevin should not be allowed to compete against each other at anything. Men vs boys.

Last edited:

ijuka

May 14, 2016
A strong player with good wheels that can keep up and is confident enough with the puck to not automatically defer to 14/91 as soon as he gets the puck (as Val had the tendency to do)

For the wheels... I think they're okay but he's not a speedster, of course.

The rest though, might want to see:

https://streamable.com/chk3v

And this is the best one(I'd mute the video but the video material is a very good compilation if you suffer through the slow-mos):

HabsRudy

Apr 26, 2014
Seriously I so ****ing pissed right now , all I can say is , Congrats Dallas , one heck of a player , he was the best player in the edition 2016 2017 for the habs (yes even better then Price) Absolutely godlike skill.

Am so ****ing pissed right now about Montreal organisation, am 1 finger away to ****ing hate MB now, So ****ing dumb to havent give a contract to Radu , I can't blame him , Pacioretty is a ****ing clown , no wonder no ones want to play with him

Pietrangelo

Oct 26, 2015
Habs fan coming in peace. You guys are in for a treat with radulov. He is nothing but a warrior. And will play his 100% every game. Bergevin is a ****ing idiot for letting him walk. All the best to him in Dallas. Glad the habs don't play in the central division.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Wow ... Gaglardi didn't play around. The contract is still unconfirmed by Cap Friendly, but they're at least reporting over half the contract is signing bonus, $16 million total, including a $7 million bonus paid immediately.

You couldn't ever buyout this contract, but it's definitely one you could trade, especially the final year. He's due a $2 million bonus that July 1 the final season meaning if you traded him after paying that, the other team would only owe him $2.65 million.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Best Off-season Ever.

Love it.

Bergevin with a couple of assists on Nill's bounty.

Traded a 4th to Dallas in the Jordie Benn deal which was used to trade for Ben Bishop's negotiating rights.

Fell asleep at the wheel, allowing Nill to pounce on Radulov. Or may just be a matter of Nill out-manoevering Bergevin, to Nill's credit.

Adding Methot to the mix, Nill has come through in spades. Best of luck, enjoy a proactive GM who has a plan.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Seriously I so ****ing pissed right now , all I can say is , Congrats Dallas , one heck of a player , he was the best player in the edition 2016 2017 for the habs (yes even better then Price) Absolutely godlike skill.

Am so ****ing pissed right now about Montreal organisation, am 1 finger away to ****ing hate MB now, So ****ing dumb to havent give a contract to Radu , I can't blame him , Pacioretty is a ****ing clown , no wonder no ones want to play with him

Clean yourself up you clown.

I'm disappointed Montreal lost Radulov but I won't jump off the deep end here.

Radulov is a high level competitor but he does have flaws. He doesn't shoot enough for one, which is a shame considering he has the best back hand in this league bar none (sorry Crosby). When he gets the chance, on a beauty to shoot it, you'll be screaming shoot it, but he'll pass it.

He gets frustrated at his teammates if they don't complete the beautiful (and it will be beautiful) pass that he has teed up for them.

He does take nights off, but will notice him out there more often than not.

At the end of the day, the toothless smile will be worth it all.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Clean yourself up you clown.

I'm disappointed Montreal lost Radulov but I won't jump off the deep end here.

Radulov is a high level competitor but he does have flaws. He doesn't shoot enough for one, which is a shame considering he has the best back hand in this league bar none (sorry Crosby). When he gets the chance, on a beauty to shoot it, you'll be screaming shoot it, but he'll pass it.

He gets frustrated at his teammates if they don't complete the beautiful (and it will be beautiful) pass that he has teed up for them.

He does take nights off, but will notice him out there more often than not.

At the end of the day, the toothless smile will be worth it all.

If he plays with Benn and Seguin, I'd be more than happy to see him pass too much. Both of them have elite shots and can score with the best of them.

He really sounds like a perfect fit for that line.

Duffeldof

Jun 28, 2014
Seguin brings puck up, Benn and Radulov dominate together, Seguin slips to the slot, pass, onetimer, SCORE!

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
I think this might be the first year we have two finalists that didn't make the playoffs the year before - Dallas and Tampa Bay.

starshockeyfan56

Aug 2, 2005
The Xcalibur
I know I mentioned it in the off-season thread but yeesh - I still can't shake the feeling about this guy leaving after a few years. Could be issues with the coaching, could be that he misses Russia, or that his head gets too big. I know, I know... I'm being a buzzkill.

All of that being said, he's absolutely worth the risk with his talent level and our cap management. I'll just have to watch and eat crow if it all goes smoothly (which I'm totally fine with)... Either way it'll be a ton of fun to watch!

Last edited:

usefulfiction

Jan 10, 2006
Prosper, TX
I know I mentioned it in the off-season thread but yeesh - I still can't shake the feeling about this guy leaving after a few years. Could be issues with the coaching, could be that he misses Russia, or that his head gets too big. I know, I know... I'm being a buzzkill.

All of that being said, he's absolutely worth the risk with his talent level and our cap management. I'll just have to watch and eat crow if it all goes smoothly (which I'm totally fine with)... Either way it'll be a ton of fun to watch!

I'm not sure he could leave while under contract.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Are there any cap hit implications if a player retires from the NHL? Otherwise, Radu leaving after 3 years might be a great thing, depending on whether we have already pulled in an SC and if his play declines.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
The KHL and the NHL have an agreement to not poach each other's players. His only option would be to retire which would do nothing to hurt the Stars. He's not a 35+ year contract. It's similar to Ilya Kovalchuk. If he ever wanted to return to the NHL, he'd be obligated to come back to Dallas or Dallas could trade his rights to another team.

At the end of the day, it's not remotely a big deal. It's also probably unlikely seeing there's only one example of this happening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad