Friedman: Stars shopping Janmark, Nichushkin, and Ritchie

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I'd do it. Does Mangiapane just need more ice time or more of a chance or something? I see he's only 22 and has put up good numbers just about everywhere (other than the NHL but that's a limited amount of time). I also liked Czarnik's game the few times I've seen the Flames play this season. Kinda surprising he doesn't have more points. Could be a good 4th line/extra guy to have around.

Mangipane and Czarnik are those guys are that are just quite good enough to play scoring roles in the NHL and useless as bottom 6 because they are not strong enough, well unless you want occasional secondary scoring from your bottom 6.

Dont let their minor league numbers fool you. Sam Bennett is a million times better than them and even he struggles with scoring in the NHL.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Meant Methot*

Not really willing to give up much to dump contracts, specifically not Methot who’s contract is up after this season and could be put on LTIR.

Stars are doing fine for cap space after this season with most of the important players locked up for 3-8 years. Even if we keep Hanzal and Nichushkin we should still have around 15M in space after signing RFA’s.

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Unrelated but how about the availability/value of Spezza?

Looks like he had a pretty decent start and has cooled off since, would he still be able to play 3rd line center for a contender?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Looks like he had a pretty decent start and has cooled off since, would he still be able to play 3rd line center for a contender?

Only if you have crazy good depth on the wing and a shutdown center elsewhere, but I can't see him available unless we're completely out of the race or have a better replacement that we traded for elsewhere

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

JC0720

Jul 5, 2018

If hes not asked to do the lions share of the scoring, yes. Hes still a smooth skater and solid set up man.

Reactions: Magic Mittens

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Janmark still is worth keeping, I mean to be fair everyone in Dallas is having problems scoring this year

Ritchie I doubt has any value, maybe a later pick

Nuke is hard to judge, hes at worst case an overpaid 3rd liner, or he refinds his game and puts up 40+ points

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Nichushkin has negative value with that contract.

I would love to see him in Vancouver to see if we can get him to turn it around, but not at those dollars and term. Too risky.

Two years at 2.9M isn't that big of a deal, especially for a team in the Canucks' position. It'd depend on the asking price but were it on the low end, I might take the gamble.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
That's the odd part for any bubble team.....do they want players back now, or draft picks? I guess it depends on if the Stars do their annual backslide this month. At that time, if Janny picks it up a bit, and the Stars are of it, they want a first or second, whatever pick they can get. Janmark would be a good pickup for any team.

Sadly, in the mess that is the Western Conference, they will probably be close and I'm not sure any of these three players bring back anything that will help in the chase.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad