Friedman: Stars shopping Janmark, Nichushkin, and Ritchie

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Is Frolik available or has he turned it around? I saw Walsh wasn't thrilled with his usage but that was awhile back
Frolik is too versatile to move in a trade for Nichushkin/Ritchie/Janmark- and he's getting a lot more playing time than he was when coming back from injury/ whenWalsh complained on Twitter.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Is Frolik available or has he turned it around? I saw Walsh wasn't thrilled with his usage but that was awhile back

I mean, he might be?
The big problem is how good he's actually been good for us.

Since his agents' tweets the guy has 11 points in 12 games. I thought about him, but man, he makes that second line ugly to deal with in terms of defensive starts and owning match ups.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Does Janmark play C or wing? Just unlucky this year or is there something up?

He plays wing in Dallas. His production this year is about what I'd normally expect from him tbh (except he is capable of better) considering his very average to below average playmaking ability, bad puck handling, and dreadful shot. All of his production comes from his speed basically. Most of the time he skates super fast into the zone and loses the puck while trying to go behind the net. Occasionally he will have some really good shifts and control the puck the entire time and be dangerous. Not happening this year. Idk if it's because of the teams different playstyle or what but he's still a decent depth guy and I think he's slightly improved his shot this year despite his lower totals. It seems harder and he does have the ability to finish on breakaways

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I greedily wanted him to continue struggling and end up on the Stars. :)

There's a lot to like right now in Calgary. From a Stars perspective I would try to get Mangiapane, but I don't think the Flames would be willing to part with him.

Hehe, Mangi seems like a bargaining chip for Calgary, but if I were to part with him, I think it'd be looking at a deal bigger than Janmark and Ritchie. I think those guys would give Calgary some absurd depth though :laugh:

More luxury than must though.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Hehe, Mangi seems like a bargaining chip for Calgary, but if I were to part with him, I think it'd be looking at a deal bigger than Janmark and Ritchie. I think those guys would give Calgary some absurd depth though :laugh:

More luxury than must though.

Ritchie and absurd depth don't belong in the same sentence/paragraph :laugh: but I think Janmark would be a great fit with you guys

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
What might the stars be looking to get .. oilers could possibly use all 3 ...maybe Khudobin as well .. some combo of Talbot, spooner, Kassian, Brodziak, Benning , Manning , petrovic..just thinking Hitchcock might have some inside on those players
So if you want Khudobin that will cost you. This is not a just throw out your trash and win a trade kind of deal. I would also be very hesitant to trade Khudobin as he is insurance for bishop.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Was thinking so ... fresh starts for the Dallas players who cap hits are a little high ... how about Kris Russell for Janmark and Ritchie

I’d rather just let these two walk in free agency. Russell isn’t terrible he’s just overpaid and has to much term. I think the main reason Dallas is looking to move these three is that Hintz and Gurianov are looking like better options than all of them and we are wanting to clear roster spots/cap to add bonafide top six players.

Reactions: Ragernschnapple

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I’d do Czarnik + Mangiapane for Janmark + Ritchie. Would that interest the Stars?

I'd do it. Does Mangiapane just need more ice time or more of a chance or something? I see he's only 22 and has put up good numbers just about everywhere (other than the NHL but that's a limited amount of time). I also liked Czarnik's game the few times I've seen the Flames play this season. Kinda surprising he doesn't have more points. Could be a good 4th line/extra guy to have around.

Reactions: Ragernschnapple

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I'd do it. Does Mangiapane just need more ice time or more of a chance or something? I see he's only 22 and has put up good numbers just about everywhere (other than the NHL but that's a limited amount of time). I also liked Czarnik's game the few times I've seen the Flames play this season. Kinda surprising he doesn't have more points. Could be a good 4th line/extra guy to have around.
Mangiapane isn’t a 4th line player. He’s got a few games in now but I wouldn’t say that he’s had many opportunities to succeed. He’s buried behind Gaudreau, Tkachuk and Bennett, so chances are hard to come by. Much the same with Czarnik. He’s had way more opportunities and has looked good at times, not good at others. I think he signed here, expecting a shot to play full time but he hasn’t been able to beat out Lindholm, Frolik or Neal.

Last edited:

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Janmark on a line with atahanasiou (sp) wpuld be a nightmare speed lije fore opposing defenses.

Janmark plus a 2nd for nyquist to me looks a fair deal.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
There's a ton of youngish salvage projects available this year. Some of these guys just need a change of scenery.

Ragernschnapple

Feb 24, 2017
Janmark+Nuke to the Penguins for Brassard+Oleksiak/2nd?
You think Oleksiak is equal to a 2nd?

E1F8E4AB-44F5-4307-B214-61CD74338936.jpeg

Last edited:

JC0720

Jul 5, 2018
So if you want Khudobin that will cost you. This is not a just throw out your trash and win a trade kind of deal. I would also be very hesitant to trade Khudobin as he is insurance for bishop.
and playing beyond what youd expect from a backup

Last edited:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Ritchie and absurd depth don't belong in the same sentence/paragraph :laugh: but I think Janmark would be a great fit with you guys

For sure.
So, what's the cost on Janmark from Dallas' perspective? NHL player, cusp NHL player, futures?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad