Friedman: Stars shopping Janmark, Nichushkin, and Ritchie

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
20. Alexander Radulov did Dallas a huge favour, accepting blame for his first-period benching last Thursday against Los Angeles. The last thing the Stars needed was more controversy, especially as GM Jim Nill works on repairing the relationships with Jamie Benn and Tyler Seguin. According to a couple of sources, Nill wants to show them the last few weeks “are not who the Dallas Stars are.” If Radulov reacts negatively, it is another five-alarm blaze. Instead, they recover with a great win over Winnipeg and get their schedule break at a perfect time. No one needs a refresh and reset more than the Stars do — it’s an excellent opportunity for a mental clean-out.

21. In addition to Valeri Nichushkin and Brett Ritchie, Dallas is also dangling Mattias Janmark. A couple of years ago, they felt his injuries removed sorely needed speed from the roster. Janmark scored 14 even-strength goals in 2015–16, and, after returning from injury, 13 more in 2017–18. He’s got just three in 49 games this season. He’s better than he’s shown.

Reactions: mymerlincat

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Interesting. Very interesting, but not that surprising.

He's still super fast he just can't get anything done with it really

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I added it to the title, but also of note is the first line: "In addition to Valeri Nichushkin and Brett Ritchie"

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Can Janmark play center or is he strictly a winger?

He hasn't played any center with Dallas, but as the poster above said, he was a center for a long time.

The team acquiring him should be expecting him as a winger.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
He hasn't played any center with Dallas, but as the poster above said, he was a center for a long time.

The team acquiring him should be expecting him as a winger.

Eh, I'd hope the Penguins would try him as their 3C if they'd get him :laugh:

If the rumors of Dallas being interested in Brassard are true, I could see a deal there based around Brassard for Janmark if the Penguins are confident in Janmark being able to play center (or at least think the risk/reward is low enough where it's worth it to try).

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
Nichushkin has negative value with that contract.

I would love to see him in Vancouver to see if we can get him to turn it around, but not at those dollars and term. Too risky.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
2013 draft pick?! Brad Treliving's ears are ringing. This guy was an overager eh?
Calgary is become a Swedish hub, so we're open for more.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Nichushkin has negative value with that contract.

I would love to see him in Vancouver to see if we can get him to turn it around, but not at those dollars and term. Too risky.

Yep, 3M for another year is such a risky deal to take on.

Absolutely one of the worst contracts in the league, bar none.

Nill should be fired for that contract alone.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

RSPens

May 25, 2015
Janmark probably isn't the answer for the Pens 3C issue...but he is a fast winger that can't seem to score...sounds familiar. Maybe he can help Malkin out of his funk. How is Janmark defensively?

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
I would be interested in Nich to be honest. I think there is more there, everytime i watch him play I feel as if he does all the little things right. Could become a very good third liner in the right situation.

Dont know what i would be willing to give though, because if we dealt for him Dallas would have to take back at minimum equal cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad