8th in SA/G
11th in SF/G
10th in PP%
4th in GF/G
3rd in Hits/G

5th in 5v5 xGF%
4th in 5v5 SCF%
5th in 5v5 HDCF%

We're playing some pretty good (and entertaining) hockey these days...
we are analytical darlings to start the season and a few models are taking notice

playoff odds via moneypuck have jumped to 50% from 21 at season opening and from 30% to 50% w/ theathletic's model. don't think anyone anticipated us to be this strong 5on5

Reactions: DrEasy

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Could have been, thought it was Chucky but my memory sucks and took some edibles last night, I just remember chuckling at the way it was said like they're big and bruising, but we're faster.

My favourite part of the game was when Sanderson grew wings and flew off into the stands while the song "White Rabbit" was playing over the PA.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
My favourite part of the game was when Sanderson grew wings and flew off into the stands while the song "White Rabbit" was playing over the PA.

Half Baked.gif

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
We bossed that team around like nobody’s business.
We hammered them physically and they are supposed to big a big heavy team.
We skated circles around them and hemmed them in for extended periods.

This team is stretching its legs, learning to own games, and it has just begun.
The return of justified swagger, and teams coming to town with a fear of being humiliated like the Pizza line years is coming. It’s glorious.
Justified swagger

You shouĺd trademark that.

I like It!

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
Could have been, thought it was Chucky but my memory sucks and took some edibles last night, I just remember chuckling at the way it was said like they're big and bruising, but we're faster. Nice to be on the other side of that now.
It was Chabot (though his Quebec inflection was hidden quite well) and he kept on saying "obviously, we are faster team".

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
We bossed that team around like nobody’s business.
We hammered them physically and they are supposed to big a big heavy team.
We skated circles around them and hemmed them in for extended periods.

This team is stretching its legs, learning to own games, and it has just begun.
The return of justified swagger, and teams coming to town with a fear of being humiliated like the Pizza line years is coming. It’s glorious.

This is going to sound silly, but I absolutely love the swagger the team has compared to even last season. The whole "pesky sens" and "sickos" phase kinda rubbed me the wrong way. It implied that we didn't belong, and that we were lucky to scrape together wins against good teams.

Everything about this season screams swagger. The big gold chain for player of the game. All the big players having rap songs for their 3 star selection songs. I think it's definitely intentional. We're here to dominate. We are the good team that other teams wish they can scrape together a lucky win against.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
This is going to sound silly, but I absolutely love the swagger the team has compared to even last season. The whole "pesky sens" and "sickos" phase kinda rubbed me the wrong way. It implied that we didn't belong, and that we were lucky to scrape together wins against good teams.

Everything about this season screams swagger. The big gold chain for player of the game. All the big players having rap songs for their 3 star selection songs. I think it's definitely intentional. We're here to dominate. We are the good team that other teams wish they can scrape together a lucky win against.

Jay Onrait still called us pesky today on SportsCenter but I don't mind running under the radar a little while longer while we accumulate a larger sample size of stellar play.

The only thing worse than being chronically underestimated is going around telling everyone how great you are after 6 games.

Reputations take a little time to shift. If we keep it up, everyone will notice eventually.

In any event, you're talking about the players and the locker room and I don't mind that at all. As Dorion said, the "rebuild is over" and it's time to start playing like you expect to win every night.

Beating Dallas at home was a pretty big step in that they were a disciplined and structured opponent and we had to be patient before cracking the game wide open. With Arizona it just seemed more inevitable.

The next big milestone for me is putting together a really good road trip.

Last edited:

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Jay Onrait still called us pesky on SportsCenter but I don't mind running under the radar a little while longer while we accumulate a larger sample size of stellar play.

The only thing worse than being chronically underestimated is going around telling everyone how great you are after 6 games.

Oh for sure, I'm just saying this is the attitude in the locker room, which is the right approach instead of the "pesky Sens" theme.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Not sure where to put this. We have the Florida games coming up. That would seem to be a great judge of where the team is at. Two good teams, on the road so the Sens don't get match ups etc. Would these games tell us things that we aren't seeing on home ice?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It was good to see the two new guys inserted into the lineup have a positive influence on the team & finally a signal that we have some depth on this team. Brassard has played in the top six most of his career so it was an easy fit to have him play on the 2nd line with his buddy Giroux. Hellberg also came in, was a little shaky to start, but settled in nicely & made some great saves to keep the game in our favour.

Should be interesting game against Minny on Thursday, going to that one. Hopefully they can keep up the forecheck & pressure on their defence & pounce on loose pucks. Need to also play well in their own end & keep pucks out of their net.

Reactions: Yak

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
It was good to see the two new guys inserted into the lineup have a positive influence on the team & finally a signal that we have some depth on this team. Brassard has played in the top six most of his career so it was an easy fit to have him play on the 2nd line with his buddy Giroux. Hellberg also came in, was a little shaky to start, but settled in nicely & made some great saves to keep the game in our favour.

Should be interesting game against Minny on Thursday, going to that one. Hopefully they can keep up the forecheck & pressure on their defence & pounce on loose pucks. Need to also play well in their own end & keep pucks out of their net.
To me, the Minnesota game is must win. Big difference between 5-2 and 4-3. We've been dominating. Those two points need to go into the bank and we need to roll into Florida on a 5 game roll.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
To me, the Minnesota game is must win. Big difference between 5-2 and 4-3. We've been dominating. Those two points need to go into the bank and we need to roll into Florida on a 5 game roll.
And then hopefully win the battle of the Tkachuk's...

Reactions: Yak

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott

Looking at the schedule, the Minnesota game is big. If we can win there, we'll be in good shape.

The next 3 after that will be tough, but if we can come out of it at 6-4 (meaning we beat one of Florida, Tampa or Vegas), that'd be a solid 10-game start.

After that we'll hopefully have another opportunity to go on a run against Philly, Vancouver, NJ, Philly again, NYI, Buffalo, NJ again, and San Jose.

Reactions: Alex1234 and Yak

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
As weird as it sounds, I don't think it's a must win at all. I almost worry that if we win against Minny, the mood among the boys will be a little bit too "celebratory" for our first road trip, especially one to Florida. (Buffalo and Toronto barely counts as a "road trip"). A loss might keep the guys focused. I'm not saying we should cheer for a loss, it's just the sports bettor in me predicting how the next few games might play out.

Edit: Although, in retrospect, I think the boys probably have the Florida game marked on their calendar due to Matthew Tkachuk, Colin White, MDZ, Tierney & co.

Emrasie

Mar 13, 2019

The only thing that worry me about Hellberg is his rebound control, it's not good. D needs to be aware and we will be ok.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad