Stars line pegged the legion of doom - is this right?

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
here's a hard truth that people always trying to ignore his injuries don't like to admit about Lindros

the only universe where a Lindros without major injuries could exist would be one where he played much differently,the one he played the game inevitably lead to it

Or one where he learned to skate with his head up :P

Doesn't change the fact that he was on of the best players in the history of the game before the concussions.

Reactions: Lakas

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
TIL the Flyers first line pegged a wrestling tag team.

giphy.webp
WHAT A RUSH

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Do you guys think this is alright? Benn - Seguin - Radulov playing the top line
Not sure why this is a thing, they have yet to achieve anything noteworthy

The legion of doom was the flyers line

the second coming was the Kulemin-Grabovski-McArthur line

:huh:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Only line i think could have been legion of doom lite was team canada running:
Prime
Benn Getzlaf Perry

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Dallas line should be called 'The Strike Force', or 'Mega Powers'.
02.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Legion of Doom was a wrestling Tag Team that was already used.
Legion_20Of_20Doom_large.jpg

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Lindros wasn't even better than the player that was sent the other way.
Pre injury Lindros was the most physically dominant player in the last 50 years. He was the Night King the rest of the league had to band together to stop because he was coming to take them all. There has never been another player who changed the way other teams drafted players not to emulate, but to defend themselves from. Look at the sizes of the players drafted post Lindros. 6'6" players everywhere. His Achilles heel was his physicality. Because he was so big, nobody in juniors could hit him, so he had the habit of skating with his head down. Any one of the hits that took him down would be a 40 games suspension by today's rules. If he played today, pre concussion, I don't know how you stop him without taking a penalty. I don't know if you could.

Reactions: Hapiii and Jtown

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
There hasn't been a player quite like Lindros since, so no.

The only way that anyone managed to actually deal with him was through cheapshots that, in this era, would undoubtedly see the offender kicked out of the league.

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
Legion of Doom is from the Super Friends cartoon from the 70s.

But Jim Montgomery was the guy who nicknamed the Flyers line Legion of Doom back in 95. Montgomery was a minor leaguer for the Flyers then and had a few call ups. So I don't know if he has some connection to the name again since he is Dallas' coach.

Reactions: Choralone and SML2

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Here Is The Legendary Rat Of HFBoards! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 13, 2012
Any one of the hits that took him down would be a 40 games suspension by today's rules. If he played today, pre concussion, I don't know how you stop him without taking a penalty. I don't know if you could.
The irony here is that Lindros would be suspended a lot himself by today's rules. I loved pre-concussion Lindros but he played reckless and with a mean streak too. I miss him and this era though.

Reactions: DaveG

POVERTY

Leafs and Marchand fan
Sep 27, 2017
Please don't disrespect Grabovski by lumping him in with soft players like Lindros and Benn.

Reactions: irunthepeg

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Rantanen Mackinnon Landeskog would be the closest thing to the legion of doom in my opinion, they all play power games.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Legion of Doom is from the Super Friends cartoon from the 70s.

But Jim Montgomery was the guy who nicknamed the Flyers line Legion of Doom back in 95. Montgomery was a minor leaguer for the Flyers then and had a few call ups. So I don't know if he has some connection to the name again since he is Dallas' coach.

They're calling the Stars line this because Montgomery said that, when they're on, they remind him of the Legion of Doom.

Reactions: Pantokrator

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad