Stars Jerseys Thread

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
Yeah there's no way they should be doing up a jersey like that. Unfortunately most of the people doing the customizing have no clue. They go by whatever a computer tells them and that's that. They don't have any idea on what things should look like. I've had a few come back screwed up myself.

The worst are all the North Stars jerseys floating around. It's extremely rare to see one actually done up properly. It's frustrating.

beepeearr

@beepeearr
Jan 11, 2006
Lake Worth
I didn't realize there was such a Height difference, the Medium Is much shorter then my other Jerseys. So maybe the sizing was accurate, just not for the smaller jerseys, Or they left too much gap around the name plates?

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
My 94-99 versions

Again, not authentic so there is always room for error, but I believe them to be accurate.

Both size L

The previous authentics I posted were both size 52 (xl)
19475_284661352444_327989_n.jpg

19475_284661372444_6915171_n.jpg

19475_284661417444_5044457_n.jpg

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
ok so both still the 12inch 9 on the back, so they actually got everything right, I just have shorter jerseys

Yeah I'm not sure how that works, whether they can adjust for that or not. Should be able to I would think.

Those are great looking jerseys TJ :yo:

Thanks.

Haven't purchased a Stars jersey in maybe 3 years now actually so I'm itching (besides my Jack Campbell 2011 Team USA). Have the next addition picked out, just waiting for my place to get it in my size. Should be soon, then I'll have to order and play that dreaded waiting game, but I'll post pics whenever I do get it. Should be a beaut.

I also need a victory green. Don't have one yet if you can believe it. Debating white Campbell or green Benn.

Last edited:

Cold Medicine

Apr 4, 2014
Speaking of Stars jerseys/shirts, has anyone ever seen one of these in the wild?

peyYvW7.jpg

Fun fact: this shirt was priced at $12.99 before it became out of stock. The Atlanta Thrashers dog t-shirt is still available for $14.99.

beepeearr

@beepeearr
Jan 11, 2006
Lake Worth
Yeah I'm not sure how that works, whether they can adjust for that or not. Should be able to I would think.

Thanks.

Haven't purchased a Stars jersey in maybe 3 years now actually so I'm itching (besides my Jack Campbell 2011 Team USA). Have the next addition picked out, just waiting for my place to get it in my size. Should be soon, then I'll have to order and play that dreaded waiting game, but I'll post pics whenever I do get it. Should be a beaut.

I also need a victory green. Don't have one yet if you can believe it. Debating white Campbell or green Benn.

Home Green
Signed Benn, Signed Lehtonen (children's), had a childs Roussel, but my son out grew it and gave it to a friend

Road White
Chiasson and Roussel

love the victory green

SolidusAKA

Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Hey TJ, any chance you can show us a picture of the front of that 90s signed black modano jersey? That is so damn nice. Are those authentics hard to find now?

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
Hey TJ, any chance you can show us a picture of the front of that 90s signed black modano jersey? That is so damn nice. Are those authentics hard to find now?

Front

164417_487232932444_2393876_n.jpg

Inside/back

168947_10150090896877445_2540054_n.jpg

Pretty hard to find, yeah. I haven't seen too many. Seems anything 93-94 and prior is more scarce. I'm talking Modano/Stars jerseys specifically. If you're looking for say another team or player, they're out there. Awesome jerseys. Just gotta keep looking if you're wanting a specific one.

SolidusAKA

Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
The authentics just seem much greener than anything ive seen and much more like what I remember from those days. The 90s black might be my favourite Dallas jersey of all time and I think that might be the best one Ive personally seen! Thanks for posting! :yo:

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
The authentics just seem much greener than anything ive seen and much more like what I remember from those days. The 90s black might be my favourite Dallas jersey of all time and I think that might be the best one Ive personally seen! Thanks for posting! :yo:

My pleasure. I enjoy showing them off, I won't lie. Great to have regardless, but if they're not being seen then they're just not as enjoyable.

My wife and I bought a brand new 2 story condo with an unfinished basement a few years ago. Haven't finished the basement and there's nowhere else to show them off so they just hang in a spare room closet. As soon as we buy an actual house though the ol man cave is getting done up. I have a ton of stuff that's just waiting to be displayed. Framed posters, equipment, game used items (mostly sticks), pucks, the jerseys, etc etc.

I agree about the jerseys too. Definitely you can see the difference in quality when they're next to the replicas. Though the replicas are still nice and mostly what my collection consists of. I like those 91-94 uniform sets as well. Sharp, clean, classic, and the green is nice and bright. That symbol stands out nicely on the front as well. Best ones we've had the last 23 years if you ask me, though I know most prefer the 99-07 star patterned jersey/uni.

SolidusAKA

Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I agree about the jerseys too. Definitely you can see the difference in quality when they're next to the replicas. Though the replicas are still nice and mostly what my collection consists of. I like those 91-94 uniform sets as well. Sharp, clean, classic, and the green is nice and bright. That symbol stands out nicely on the front as well. Best ones we've had the last 23 years if you ask me, though I know most prefer the 99-07 star patterned jersey/uni.

I think the Stars, barring the Mooterus and 07-12's, have had one of the best jersey sets in all the nhl (biased I know ). I loved the 99-07's as they are easily one of the best examples of how to do a non-traditional jersey but the difference I love about the early 90s set and the victory green is just how much the green pops off the ice. The return to a clean cut but well designed set has been great for us.

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
I think the Stars, barring the Mooterus and 07-12's, have had one of the best jersey sets in all the nhl (biased I know ). I loved the 99-07's as they are easily one of the best examples of how to do a non-traditional jersey but the difference I love about the early 90s set and the victory green is just how much the green pops off the ice. The return to a clean cut but well designed set has been great for us.

I think typically we're had one of the nicer more unique unis in the league, dating back to 1967. The Original 6 will typically rank 1-6 in whatever order, but after that we're right up there with the Sabres and Flyers as the next best all-time unis overall.

The new ones are a hit. Some think the green is too vibrant, at times I do as well but I think it depends on lighting. Some times it looks off and not true to what it really actually is. Listening to the local sports radio on Friday the host and his producer were talking about uniforms. The producer said he thinks our home is the worst in the league. I had to send him a healthy tweet. All in good fun though.

I do miss the gold/yellow though not gonna lie.

beepeearr

@beepeearr
Jan 11, 2006
Lake Worth
Love the victory green, and really think there should be more color vs color games. Razors suggestion of Color for all road teams and then either color or white for home team depending on the road teams color would be an awesome idea. After watching the Texas Stars in the playoffs, you could see how the darker green just looked black, dont get that problem with the Victory Green

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
Love the victory green, and really think there should be more color vs color games. Razors suggestion of Color for all road teams and then either color or white for home team depending on the road teams color would be an awesome idea. After watching the Texas Stars in the playoffs, you could see how the darker green just looked black, dont get that problem with the Victory Green

I don't mind this look on the rink. Overall though, I prefer home whites and away darks.

Scan-005.BMP

By the way that's Jim Nill with the Canucks manning our Brad Maxwell at the point.

I like that green in the picture too.

The green looks so different depending on the pic. I agree though, better to have it stand out.

I like it here too. Nice and medium.

000026067.jpg

Probably looks different having yellow/gold up against it as well. As I said, I do miss that.

beepeearr

@beepeearr
Jan 11, 2006
Lake Worth
I liked the old Kelley Green, but I like that they decided to find their own shade and make it their own, and I really like the switch from Gold to Silver. Wouldn't mind seeing Minnesota maybe swapping red for yellow/gold one day though

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
I liked the old Kelley Green, but I like that they decided to find their own shade and make it their own, and I really like the switch from Gold to Silver. Wouldn't mind seeing Minnesota maybe swapping red for yellow/gold one day though

I'd actually like to see us go with one of the greens from '68-'88 as a 3rd. One of the two on bottom left, or the one second in just above to the right before they introduced the black striping.

Dallas-Stars-jersey-history-2.jpg

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
I like the 76-77 but the 99 with the new logo and gold replaced with silver in the new green would look pretty good too

I think that '76 uni would look awesome. Not that I have some sort of animosity towards them like some do, but Minnesotans' heads would explode. Guaranteed.

Alex%20Pirus.gif

timyoung.jpg

OBrienNorthStars2.png

beepeearr

@beepeearr
Jan 11, 2006
Lake Worth
If there is a Minnesota Dallas outdoor game in Minnesota it would be really interesting to see if the Stars wore an old throwback jersey.

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
If there is a Minnesota Dallas outdoor game in Minnesota it would be really interesting to see if the Stars wore an old throwback jersey.

Hmmm....yeah I wonder. That'd be awkward I think. Betting half the Minnesotans would enjoy it, and half would lose their damn minds haha. Would be interesting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad