GDT: Stars General Thread '23-24

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
Edmonton,Alberta
23, can't really add him to the prospect cupboard.
I've got my own cupboard, k! ;)

Yeah, you're correct.

Hockey East Best Defensive Forward? Good filler for the AHL I guess then.
All these signings make sense we only currently have 3 picks for the upcoming draft and all our prospects aren't going to be signing for another year or two.

Last edited:
Reactions: LT

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
All these signings make since we only currently have 3 picks for the upcoming draft and all our prospects aren't going to be signing for another year or two.

Oh, I agree. Adding another RHD to the pool isn't terrible considering Bar, Fegaras and Minnetian are 2-3 years away from even looking at the AHL, Gavin White has been ok/injured and Kyrou's the only other thing in the cupboard right now.

This one, sure, the Texas Stars'll lose Bork & maybe Blumel to the NHL next year, and I'd hesitate to think that they'd tender QOs to a couple of the 23-26 y/o RFAs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dallasman

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
All these signings make since we only currently have 3 picks for the upcoming draft and all our prospects aren't going to be signing for another year or two.
And there's no downside. If one turns out to be a depth NHLer, that's great. Or if one starts playing really well in the AHL, maybe you have a trade deadline sweetener next season.

Reactions: Dallasman and LT

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
Edmonton,Alberta
These types of players usually suck tho, so hopefully they don't sign too many. I'd rather get proven AHLers to fill out Texas.
Have a feeling you'll see some of those AHLers that are RFA's not offered QO's once the off-season starts.

Caamano and that Pettersen fella we acquired from Calgary stand out to me as guys who we let walk.

And Bertucci's contract will slide next year so that's one less contract on our books.

Reactions: Elysian

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Have a feeling you'll see some of those AHLers that are RFA's not offered QO's once the off-season starts.

Caamano and that Pettersen fella we acquired from Calgary stand out to me as guys who we let walk.

And Bertucci's contract will slide next year so that's one less contract on our books.

Yes.

Karlstrom, Caamano, Emilio Pettersen, Reedy, Bayruether, Pouliot are all probably gone. Back is 50/50 if he wants to continue in the AHL, Nill always mentions him so I assume he will get an offer but player might not be interested.

But you can't replace this quality of player with 22/23 year old undrafted NCAA players who are 4th line AHL/ECHL level players.

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
Edmonton,Alberta
Yes.

Karlstrom, Caamano, Emilio Pettersen, Reedy, Bayruether, Pouliot are all probably gone. Back is 50/50 if he wants to continue in the AHL, Nill always mentions him so I assume he will get an offer but player might not be interested.

But you can't replace this quality of player with 22/23 year old undrafted NCAA players who are 4th line AHL/ECHL level players.
Well when you have no draft capital or prospects who aren't ready to sign, this is one route to take.

I'm sure we'll also see a few AHL vets signed too.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
I would guess Karlstrom might even get a contract and stay up with the big club. Blumel, Bork and Karlstrom can come up for a departed Dellandrea, Smith and theoretically Duchene/Pavelski. I'd hope they keep Steel because he's been a fairly reliable fourth liner. If Faksa gets traded, maybe for an expensive backup like Andersen, then okay there's a roster spot there as well. Seguin will probably miss time, but there's only many so many dollarydoos available for them to pay guys who deserve raises. I guess there's also Dadonov but he might just stay on the LTIR forever.

Plus they need to replace or re-sign Hakanpaa and/or Tanev or both next year.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Anyone else wanna feel sad? There's a possibility we may only get to watch Duchene in a Stars jersey for 16 more games

• Wow
Reactions: Elysian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad