GDT: Stars General Thread '23-24

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
If you go the keep Duchene route I'd explore moving Hintz to RW and elevate WJ to 1C because we know it's going to happen eventually regardless. Hintz' regular season floating/give-up/back to the bench tendency becomes less of an issue on the wing. There's an argument to be made here that knowingly buying into Duchene's decline is OK because it turns the Marchment deal from a liability into an asset and keeps Seguin trucking along as well.

JRob-WJ-Hintz
Marchment-Duchene-Seguin
Benn-Borkoven
Just keep it simple and put Bourque as a right wing on the Hintz line and keep Johnston Stankoven and Benn together

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Successfully keeping and developing a center through their transition in the NHL is way more important, it's why they've never moved Bourque off center at any point.

Reactions: LT

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
I guess my point is that there are no guarantees. Dallas landed Tanev- which is fortunate- but they could very easily not have. You could find yourself saving cap for a deal that never materializes and then you get nothing because you wanted to hold out for something else. I havent really bothered to look at who is available this offseason.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
I guess my point is that there are no guarantees. Dallas landed Tanev- which is fortunate- but they could very easily not have. You could find yourself saving cap for a deal that never materializes and then you get nothing because you wanted to hold out for something else. I havent really bothered to look at who is available this offseason.

My dream but highly unlikely off-season is re-signing Tanev, signing Brett Pesce, and buying out Suter (not because he sucks ... Dallas wouldn't do that, but because it puts Heiskanen back on his strong side and gives them a shot at L-R balance and a legit Top 4 and a very strong 3rd pair).

Heiskanen-Pesce
Harley-Tanev
Lindell-Lundqvist

If you buyout/move Faksa, I think you'd even have enough money to re-sign Duchene.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
My dream but highly unlikely off-season is re-signing Tanev, signing Brett Pesce, and buying out Suter (not because he sucks ... Dallas wouldn't do that, but because it puts Heiskanen back on his strong side and gives them a shot at L-R balance and a legit Top 4 and a very strong 3rd pair).

Heiskanen-Pesce
Harley-Tanev
Lindell-Lundqvist

If you buyout/move Faksa, I think you'd even have enough money to re-sign Duchene.

Swap out Pesce with Matt Roy and I'm all for this

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
I feel like there’s too much smoke surrounding Tanev and a Vancouver reunion for it to not happen.

Which I’m okay with. There’s something about Tanev that worries me and the last thing I’d want is for Nill to overpay for another ageing dman.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
IMG_6623.jpeg

Elite

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Probably not but you never really know with goalies.

Speaking of which- not an awful summer to need a backup/1B goalie that can get you 30ish starts. Brossoit, Fleury, Dreidger, Reimer, and more will all be out there.

Reactions: starsfan86

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I think they're just re-signing Wedge for like a 500k raise for another 2 seasons and call it a day. Remi took Murrays spot in the AHL by beeing clearly the better of the 2 and will be promoted to fulltime AHL starter and #3 for Dallas.

Reactions: LT

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Was surprised to read Deboer had never had a 50 win season as a head coach, he had some good teams there over the years. Stars need to go 5 from 9 to break the egg for him.

50 wins seems to be important too. While NHL playoffs can have big upsets, more often than not a 50+ win team goes on to win cup.

St Louis the last champ to not have a 50 win season (Tampa was above 50 win pace in the shortened seasons of their back to back cups)

Last edited:
Reactions: Elysian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad