GDT: Stars General Thread '23-24

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
canadiens preds devils sens blue jackets blackhawks wild stars blues all have b2b tomorrow and sunday. At least for the stars one is early afternoon and the other late evening next day. About as “good” of a b2b as they come.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Kings about to jump back into 3rd in the Pacific.

Would suck if we had to play Vegas in the first round.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I throw myself at the mercy of the court.

big_deserve.png

• Love
Reactions: LT, Zapp and Satan

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
One of the more unusual stat anomalies could occur to round out the season.

Dallas is now only 0.03 off Colorado to lead the league in Goals (2 goals difference). Could easily finish 1st come seasons end.

Conversely if Robertson doesn't get 5 points in his last 4 games Dallas will have no point-per-game player for the season

Could that have ever happened before? A team lead the league in scoring yet had no ppg players..

Incredible balance and depth, but would be a weird stat

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Can’t believe Wyatt is gonna be playing on an ELC again next year. Kid is gonna get f***in paid.

I hope he signs the Roope deal, but if he goes off even more next year those $$$ are going up

Reactions: Dallasman and LT

LT

XXXX - XXXX - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
We HAVE to get him signed to an 8 year deal.

There's a world where he is a 50 goal 100 point player in the next several years. That's upping the price point to, by the time a bridge deal would be up, pushing 15M per year. Obviously a lot going right and a highest end estimate, but it's not impossible.

Reactions: Satan

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
When is the earliest we can sign him? We gotta do it as early as possible to prevent him from further proving and increasing his value.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
When is the earliest we can sign him? We gotta do it as early as possible to prevent him from further proving and increasing his value.
This upcoming July 1st would be the first possible. Would need for Wyatt and his agent to also get a number they are more than comfortable with to sign that early though the way he is progressing.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
We HAVE to get him signed to an 8 year deal.

There's a world where he is a 50 goal 100 point player in the next several years. That's upping the price point to, by the time a bridge deal would be up, pushing 15M per year. Obviously a lot going right and a highest end estimate, but it's not impossible.
agreed - i am in the camp lock up all youth to long term deals

Reactions: LT and Kcb12345

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
This upcoming July 1st would be the first possible. Would need for Wyatt and his agent to also get a number they are more than comfortable with to sign that early though the way he is progressing.
Didn't Hughes and Stutzle sign a year early, then pop off the next season? Same thing would have happened to Jarvis if he signed a year early. He'll become a bigger part of the offense next season- if he signs before next summer he needs a new agent.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Didn't Hughes and Stutzle sign a year early, then pop off the next season? Same thing would have happened to Jarvis if he signed a year early. He'll become a bigger part of the offense next season- if he signs before next summer he needs a new agent.

Hughes was different. He had a 21p and 31p season under his belt when he signed in 2021 after the first handful games of the season (3gp 3p). Very unproven at the point.

Stützle had a 29p and 58p season to show but boy was he ever one the worst defensive liabilities on the team. He was net negative on all advanced metrics up to that point and ranked in the 30s among team skaters, even though having offensive zone start % of 70. Dude was sheltered af and still managed a team worst -29, where other forwards averaged single digits.

Wyatt has a very different resume up to this point. That’s what I fear will cause this to linger for a while. Albeit don’t know what the number is what his camp may be looking for. Hopefully they value the chance of winning a lot.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
What a stupid schedule playing one game this week, and then B2B on the weekend.

Anyways, please win Edmonton
I have mentioned this, but Jim Nill addressed this, i.e., playing division foes on back to back nights. If they must, they don't mind playing Eastern Conference teams that way.

Scheduling is tough. 32 teams, most sharing arenas with NBA teams and other events, and the cost saving need to avoid extra flights and hotel costs, etc. mean it just unavoidable and it happens. It may be unfortunate, but the people doing it are not stupid.

A friend of mine is an American Airlines scheduler, which actually changes constantly, because they need smaller or larger planes as routes become popular (i.e. yesterday flying to DFW) need more connection times if DFW gates change, etc. Even with all that, he says most days he doesn't have a lot to do, but when weather delays occur, he spends all-nighters trying to get planes back to where they need to be.

In the end, the COL game didn't cost us, as I was sure it would. I was actually in Denver area with in laws, and decided against being rude to them by leaving for a game. Also, the Stars tend to lose when I spend any EXTRA money on tickets. Not that I am superstitious, but I took my "lucky coffee mug" on the trip. I have some other things I avoid, such as throwing out perfectly good Stars golf shirts because they lost when I wore them on game day, etc.

On the flight home yesterday, I saw a half a dozen passengers who had attended the game to cheer them on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad