GDT: Stars General Thread '23-24

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
IMG_6662.jpeg

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Stars all but assured home ice in the 1st round with a 9 point lead on winnipeg.

Question now is can they hold as the 1 seed in the central and west. Or slip to 2nd

Reactions: MBTendy

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013

Not sure how to feel about this. Good i guess, but hopefully the boys keep it up

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Any Tanev news?

Guessing we won't hear anything till they practise tomorrow.

Reallly Hoping it's a mild injury and only misses a small amount if time.

Has Texas scratched anyone so we're ready for the impact? Assuming Jani still isn't available and they would want to get a practise in with the call up

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
DeBoer was on TheTicket Friday and the way he spoke about Jani pretty much confirms he’ll be an every day guy once he’s healthy.

Spoke how they really miss his physicality, especially in games against bigger opponents referencing the game against Vancouver, and what they’ll face in the playoffs.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
DeBoer was on TheTicket Friday and the way he spoke about Jani pretty much confirms he’ll be an every day guy once he’s healthy.

Spoke how they really miss his physicality, especially in games against bigger opponents referencing the game against Vancouver, and what they’ll face in the playoffs.
Yep. If Tanev is fine the pairs in the playoffs will be Lindell-Tanev and Suter-Hakanpaa. They won't make any sense, they won't possess the puck, and when we're eliminated we'll look around all dejectedly and wonder who could've possibly done this. The team is talented enough to win the Cup this year but the coaching just isn't on the level it needs to be.

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Yep. If Tanev is fine the pairs in the playoffs will be Lindell-Tanev and Suter-Hakanpaa. They won't make any sense, they won't possess the puck, and when we're eliminated we'll look around all dejectedly and wonder who could've possibly done this. The team is talented enough to win the Cup this year but the coaching just isn't on the level it needs to be.
If we lose the first round because of that pair then PDB should be fired immediately.

Reactions: BrettHullsToe

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
But Lindell-Tanev is going to be the pair no matter who plays with Suter.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
But Lindell-Tanev is going to be the pair no matter who plays with Suter.
I know. I'm just listing things that I don't believe there's any way that's how it appeared on the whiteboard at 2601 Avenue of the Stars. The same minds that get given Tanev and the first thing they do is pair him with a defensive defenseman are going to use the same logic to play Hakanpaa.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
If we lose the first round because of that pair then PDB should be fired immediately.
I disagree with both this comment and your assessment of PDB as a moron. His coaching record speaks for itself, prior and here, and a moron wouldn't be coaching a team in chase of the PT. It makes some sense to go big, as the playoffs tend to be rougher, and of course, we lost to a bigger set of defensemen last year. Granted, we lost a few games ourselves with a lazy pass by Suter and a freakout by Jamie, but we didn't match their D size.

Besides, there will need to be many adjustments made and if PDB thinks Jani isn't cutting it, he will surely replace either he or Suter if required. Chances that we win the Cup are still 1 in 16, or factoring our record and that the lower 8 seeds probably won't advance as far, but sometimes do, perhaps our odds are 1 in 12+, or 8-12%. One player on a roster won't likely move that needle more than a % or two.

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
.500 hockey from here on out will put them at their highest point total since 2005-06. 4 wins in their last 7 games will also be their highest win total since that time as well- matching their previous president’s trophy team in 1998-99.

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
Noticed this a few games back but still pretty close- Avs and Stars a lot alike 75 games in.

TeamRankWinsRankGF/GPRankGARankNet PPRankNet PK
StarsT2
47​
3rd
3.64​
11th
2.91​
T4
22.2​
4th
86.9​
AvsT2