Rumor: Stars frontrunner for Karlsson, Ryan not involved (MOD #1240)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vektor

Jun 11, 2018
Heiskanen is arguably the 2nd or 3rd best prospect in the PLANET. Would Dallas part with him in this deal, but would Ottawa want to deal with Dallas and not get him? I figure Ottawa would demand him as part of it. But that GM of Ottawa, yikes

3rd best over all? Idk about that..maybe best defenseman prospect but not over all.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
If you were a GM, you'd be fired on the spot for refusing to do this deal.

No. You would for accepting it.

You just see "Karlsson" and think well duh he's better.

Actually think, and see the value of Klingberg's contract.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I don't think dallas is getting a signed erik karlsson for that. any team would beat that offer.

Like I added on my post I think his ELC is worht gold to Dallas, and gets more valuable if they add Karlsson.
They'd have 3 guys making 30M combined, you'd like to have a 1st pair D-man on ELC when that happens.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Seems a bit redundant with Klingberg filling the same role, but Dallas are always looking to add big names so I'm not surprised.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
He’s not even the best Scandinavian defensive prospect

He's a better player today than Dahlin(Dahlin will overtake him) and Dahlin is ranked as the best prospect.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
My god dallas will be scary if they had EK, Klingberg, Benn, Seguin, Radulov on the PP.... Is that even allowed??!lol

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Dallas can fit EK under the cap this year and then Spezza comes off the books next year so EK extended would work.

In other words they can trade for him and then give him the Doughty deal.

If that's the case, i see no other option than Heiskanen going to Ottawa. And while you never want to trade a prospect like that, if it means getting EK for the next decade you wanna go for it.

Besides, if you have EK and Klingberg on the team, who both play the right side, you probably want to pair them with guys who stay back more and that's not what Heiskanen is all about.

Methot - Karlsson
Lindell - Klingberg

Not too shabby.

Reactions: ps241

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
67 point Dman locked up for 4.25 for the next 6 or so seasons is clearly more valuable than one year of Karlsson, even if he exteneds at 8x11.

Klingberg at 4.25 million is easily a better bargain than Karlsson at 11 million.
If he's extending, then it not one year, is it?

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Yeah, there's no way they could be the front runner without Heiskanen.

Poor Heiskanen if he needs to go to Ottawa, though. Well, good for Finland, we'll get him for many WCs in that case.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
If true has to be Heiskanen ++ I would assume if it is without Ryan involved.

Would be okay with me as an Avs fan. Would prefer him to get traded out of the division but eh. Atleast aside from rookie Heiskanen, I don't see many players that will seriously improve the Sens in 2018-19 going the Sens way.
With Seguin getting 10+ as well, they will be in caphell very soon regardless of how good they will be the next couple of seasons.

I just hope this is serious and not a ploy to get a certain team that holds a certain pick to up their offer...

valente317

Jun 4, 2014
You can’t really have “redundant” elite scoring defenseman, so the argument that Klingberg fills the same role is kind of silly. In fact, having Klingberg at 4.25 makes the deal more reasonable. Why have one EK at $11m when you can have two EKs at ~$7.6m each?

Hopefully Heiskanen isn’t going back the other way, as that would be a wash IMO. Not that Heiskanen is or will be equivalent to Karlsson, but his game and controlled cap hit are going to be invaluable in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad