Rumor: Stars frontrunner for Karlsson, Ryan not involved (MOD #1240)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Why? They need secondary scoring forwards. As of right now they have Nichuskin, Ritchie, Janmark, Spezza, Hanzal, Shore, Faksa as their "secondary" guys..

Reactions: BCYa

mattydamon

May 2, 2011
Victoria, BC
With no Ryan being included I would think the return would be sizeable if EK is signing as extension - Stars fans what would you be willing to give up?

I would assume Dallas would want to keep Heiskanen but what would be the alternatives the Sens would actually go for?

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I'm pretty surprised to be honest. Why would Dallas give up massive value when Klingberg plays pretty much the same role? Sure Karlsson is much better, but they have other holes they need filled

You can always trade one for the other. Dallas gets the better player, Ottawa gets a cost controlled asset that helps them losing Karlsson

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Is Heiskanen going the other way? I don’t see what Stars can offer that would beat other teams offers? Please not in the Central. After Blues, Flames and Kings got better not another Western team that might get a freaking Karlsson :help:

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
...Because Klingberg is probably going the other way in the deal...?
Possibly, but you have to wonder if it's worth it. Klingberg will give 60-70 points as an offensive RHD on a fantastic contract. Is it worth paying assets and way more money for the upgrade, rather than using it in other areas? I guess we'll see

Reactions: milehigh11

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Heiskanen or Klingberg as the centerpiece would be nice (if Karlsson is dealt - I hope he isn't).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad