OT: Stars EHM Help & Discussion

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
ECK is also on the EHM thread in General Fantasy and they listen to fans if players or prospects attributes or potential are off (within reason)

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Will the AI fill out my AHL team if I don't sign any players or is there a way to let the cpu sign two way players and guys for the minors?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Will the AI fill out my AHL team if I don't sign any players or is there a way to let the cpu sign two way players and guys for the minors?

It’ll fill out the roster but without actually signing anyone, I believe.

If you let the AGM take over I think they might sign some depth players.

This might’ve changed recently too. I never really worried about signing any AHL depth besides ELCs.

Reactions: The Tourist

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Just sign some depth guys and put them on waivers like IRL, the AI will sign some AHL contracts which is good. The makeup I usually want for my AHL team is all my prospects playing top minutes, then you have the depth guys playing filling out the squad, and then the AI signed AHL contract players play minimal games only filling in for injuries/call ups. That seems to be the best balance.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Lmao idk if someone mentioned this already but if your assistant GM doesn't like your trade but you think it's fair, change the player status to "on the block" and he will suddenly love the offers you get lol.

To make it even better, the players value is a lot higher it seems if you mark him as untouchable. Then, before confirming the trade but after they've already accepted it, change his status to on the block and the fans and management will celebrate a steal of a deal rather than get mad about it

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Whoever ranks these prospects, sheesh.
1660073675295.png

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
It's based on a randomized CA (current ability) and PA (potential ability), so it's going to look different every time and not be super realistic.
Yeah I should have added more context, guys like Johnston has 3 star current, 5 star potential, but Seminoff has 1 cur, 3 potential so the list is a bit iffy haha

Reactions: LT

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
In my 2nd season right now. As the 4th seed I played the 5th seed Avalanche. Went up 3-0 before Colorado won 3 straight for a game 7. I won and advanced but of course Oettinger got hurt in game 7 and is out for like 4 months.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
It's based on a randomized CA (current ability) and PA (potential ability), so it's going to look different every time and not be super realistic.

I didn't know this, I guess when you're already getting free roster updates for the NHL it's just way too much to ask to try and come up with prospect potentials, especially since they're probably just going to be wrong anyway.

Edit: I believe there's a mod for editing EHM stats, so if you're feeling strongly about changing everything up you can always change the PA's and CA's until they're something you think is more realistic. Can't remember exactly what the numerical ranges are for what potentials are considered good, but I think the editor will show you any player in the database, so if you wanted Johnston to have 1st line center potential, you might have a look at someone who you think he'll top out as being similar. The prospect may not necessarily ever hit the number, unless you change the CA to be near it, but that's prospect development for you.

Last edited:

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I didn't know this, I guess when you're already getting free roster updates for the NHL it's just way too much to ask to try and come up with prospect potentials, especially since they're probably just going to be wrong anyway.

Edit: I believe there's a mod for editing EHM stats, so if you're feeling strongly about changing everything up you can always change the PA's and CA's until they're something you think is more realistic. Can't remember exactly what the numerical ranges are for what potentials are considered good, but I think the editor will show you any player in the database, so if you wanted Johnston to have 1st line center potential, you might have a look at someone who you think he'll top out as being similar. The prospect may not necessarily ever hit the number, unless you change the CA to be near it, but that's prospect development for you.
I like that they are given a wide range of randomness for potential. Makes each restart a little bit different.

for instance Joe Cecconi is an nhler in my Current playthrough (2nd season only)
but i'm rotating him, Hakanpaa and Cernak in on the 3rd pairing.

Last edited:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I like that they are given a wide range of randomness for potential. Makes each restart a little bit different.

for instance Joe Cecconi is an nhler in my Current playthrough (2nd season only)
but i'm rotating him, Hakanpaa and Cernak in on the 3rd pairing.

Back in 2018 one of the first things I would always do was trade Honka for Nedeljkovic; Ned had a crazy high PA for some reason and we were all really souring on Honka.

One time I did that, though, it ended up being the opposite :laugh:

Honka had 3 or 4 Norris’s while Ned never even made it to backup.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Back in 2018 one of the first things I would always do was trade Honka for Nedeljkovic; Ned had a crazy high PA for some reason and we were all really souring on Honka.

One time I did that, though, it ended up being the opposite :laugh:

Honka had 3 or 4 Norris’s while Ned never even made it to backup.
yeah, I've had a few backfires like that as well.
I'm thinking Oettinger might have been a bad investment this time around.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I'm going into my 8th season now. We have won the Cup in 5 of the 7 so far (5 straight actually) and I've won 5 straight GM of the year awards and Craig Berube my coach has won 5 straight Jack Adams'.

Hintz & Heiskanen are the last remaining current Dallas Stars or Dallas Stars property on my team. Just traded Dellandrea + more in a deal for Owen Power. Lost Harley as a UFA

I traded Kaprizov & Matthews away last offseason and we still went on to win the Cup somehow despite a bit more of a competitive path this time around. Got Shane Wright amongst other stuff in return, just wanted to get younger and cheaper.

Also, I signed a random goalie out of Europe after Oettinger left in free agency and he came in and won the Vezina, Jennings, & Conn Smythe this season lol

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Still in my first season:
Picked up Puljujarvi dirt cheap
Traded Khudobin & Sent down Faksa for cap moves
TB offered a 1st for Kiviranta
Tried to get some better ahl time for the good prospects so traded Tufte, Caamano, Sjolund, Oksentyk, Gleason, Hansson only really got back Soderblom & some low picks, nothing special

I'm letting the DeBoer do all the coaching, and we finally climbed back up to 17-19-5 with a 5 game win streak. Benn is a solid 6.63 AvR with 3 goals and 4 assists in 41 games, Seguin 6.92 with 8G and 14A.
Team seems mostly solid, but the bottom six is just getting killed on AvR and I need to move out Benn & Seguin.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Still in my first season:
Picked up Puljujarvi dirt cheap
Traded Khudobin & Sent down Faksa for cap moves
TB offered a 1st for Kiviranta
Tried to get some better ahl time for the good prospects so traded Tufte, Caamano, Sjolund, Oksentyk, Gleason, Hansson only really got back Soderblom & some low picks, nothing special

I'm letting the DeBoer do all the coaching, and we finally climbed back up to 17-19-5 with a 5 game win streak. Benn is a solid 6.63 AvR with 3 goals and 4 assists in 41 games, Seguin 6.92 with 8G and 14A.
Team seems mostly solid, but the bottom six is just getting killed on AvR and I need to move out Benn & Seguin.
What db are you using?

Seguin is still a 1st line center for me. (better than Hintz) Benn i traded away pretty much day 1, much like suter. But i got quite the haul for Benn, and he's doing OK for the Canadians.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad