OT: Stars EHM Help & Discussion

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
My EHM team just won the 2026 Stanley Cup :). Last season we lost in game 7 of the WCF. 2 straight presidents trophies tho

We traded for Kaprizov as a rental and it came up huge cause Matthews tore his ACL right before the Stanley Cup Finals and is out for 6 months. Robertson led the team in points tho in the playoffs and Oettinger was dominant. Oh, and we signed Victor Hedman this past offseason and he was big for us too. Used that Jamie Benn cap space well

Also, my main complaint with this game is how many guys get injured in practice. Am I doing something wrong there? I haven't messed with any of the practice settings are they going too hard or something?
Do you have the setting for the head coach to take control of practice enabled? Or are you manually changing things yourself

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Most of my work is programming and processing climate data, and I play EHM too so make it three :laugh:

Reactions: Satan

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
@M88K I have the coach control practices and all that. Is that why guys get injured or smth?
It can be, coaching skills impact the results and depending on how bad they are at specific things, it can cause more injuries.
You could also check that your physio staff is at a high level and that you have all 3 on staff.
It could also be your players physical skills are low.
If you have a lot of youngsters and the coaches are low in that skill, younger players won't reach potential and seem to get injured more

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
It can be, coaching skills impact the results and depending on how bad they are at specific things, it can cause more injuries.
You could also check that your physio staff is at a high level and that you have all 3 on staff.
It could also be your players physical skills are low.
If you have a lot of youngsters and the coaches are low in that skill, younger players won't reach potential and seem to get injured more

Interesting I'll have to check. I always make sure to hire the best Physio guys and I think Craig Berube my coach is good with young players but I'll have to check. I do have a few on the roster but they're 5-star guys already and playing very well

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Went searching for my man Blake Comeau and he's playing for the Calgary AHL team. I might need to make a move for him.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
McDavid might hit free agency :sarcasm::sarcasm:can I make it work with Matthews-McDavid-Kaprizov as my top line and Hintz, Bedard, and Robertson on my 2nd line? We shall find out if I can trade Hedman

Also proud to say I won the GM of the year award. Also JRob won the Conn Smythe. Oettinger came 2nd in voting

Last edited:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Back to back Stanley Cup Champs

Sad news is it looks like I am gonna lose Robertson & Oettinger to free agency...possibly

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
For the interested, I've found these guides very helpful when it comes to drafting/developing:

Scouting Guide
Practice Guide

I used this scouting guide religiously, it's amazing. The scouting in EHM is the thing that sets it apart from FHM for me. I wish it wasn't so time consuming though, I think I read so many scouting reports my eyes start to bleed. I love doing the draft, I just wish there was some happy medium between the huge involvement in scouting and developing properly in EHM and the autopilot scouting in FHM.

Pro tip to move out bad contracts that you can't trade:

This is cheating, but if you put any players on waivers for buyouts and buy them out it will not count against the cap. The single person who works on this game doesn't have time to fix the AI's overspending GM problem, so they implemented it as a workaround so a bunch of star UFAs didn't sit on the market all year. You can use it to get rid of bad contracts if you don't want to wait the three years for Faksa to go away.

On a related note, the game doesn't assign value to cap space, so if you're rebuilding or something, you can't ask someone to give you picks for their bad contracts, in case anyone has ever tried that.

Reactions: LT and Kcb12345

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
First season in the books. My team was hot garbage. Goaltending was awful as Dallas gave up the most goals in the league. Wedgewood is awful in this game.

Notable stats from my first year in Dallas.
Oettinger: 28 W, 25 L, 2.85 GAA, 0.909 SV%
Wedgewood: 5 W, 12 L, 4.19 GAA, 0.874 SV%

Hintz: 34g-36a-70 p
Robertson: 19-43-62p
Seguin: 21-31-52p
Marchment: 20-27-47p
Janne Kuoakkanen: 27-19-46p (ended up being a great signing)
Nazem Kadri: 17-29-46p (shit signing)
Gurianov: 17-15-32p
Johnston: 14-17-31p
Miro: 0-31- 31p (no goals from Miro)
Nick Ritchie: 14-15-29 p (was part of my trade to get rid of Dobby)
Benn: 13-16-29p in 59 games to go along with three separate injuries including two hips
Harley: 3-21-24p
Lindell: 2-7- 9p lol

Nobody else worth mentioning in the stat column. I added Niko Mikolla and Josh Brook as depth dmen. Both were decent. Nick Bjugstad was a depth signing for the 4th line. I traded away Pavelski to Vegas at the deadline for a couple picks and depth players/prospects. I traded Suter to Colorado for I don't even remember. Probably a couple picks and a prospect.

Time to address the back up goaltending spot, add a top 4 dman, and guys like Bourque and Dellandrea will be full timers next season. I brought them up for the last handful of games once my season was toast.

Overall, pretty fun game. I like it because I can just do it in the background while doing something else. I don't have to actually play so I just have it up while watching TV or doing something else at the computer.

Last edited:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
My team just won the Stanley Cup for the 3rd straight season

This time without Robertson & Oettinger cause I lost both in free agency. Hintz, Heiskanen, Dellandrea, Martino, and Harley are the only current Stars/Stars property left on my roster. Roulette is in the AHL but only as AHL help really.

One of my rookies, Ethan Miedema (currently a Windsor spitfire IRL), had just 30 points in the regular season but went off with 21 points in 22 playoff games including like 8 goals in the SCF lol. He won the Conn Smythe too. Worth noting I have Kaprizov, Matthews, and McDavid all on the roster too...so kinda hard to lose cause we scored 4-5+ every night and every dman is a 5-star dman basically. Acquired Ty Smith in a steal of a deal and he won the Norris, Heiskanen finished 2nd. So 2 Norris level dmen on the team as well.

Oh also, a few seasons ago I traded Mavrik Bourque to Vegas for 3 1st round picks. This is the final season of a 1st round pick I'll get from them, and they finished bottom 5 in the league lol. Bourque turned into a good player but oh well couldn't turn down that offer. Also have 2 other first rounders this year

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Klockis

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad