Proposal: Stars-Canadiens

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
at this point i don't know what we could expect for pacioretty, 13OV is actually decent... and a B prospect....
i'd probably accept the deal without spezza unless someone else offers a better prospect in value than the 13OV and and b-ish prospect... i don't see much team who could make sense lower than 13th, NYI? Carolina?

i don't know why habs fan call this trash for us when it would help us rebuild...

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Spezza is finished, Habs has 0 interest in him, if you really want Patch, it starts with Heiskanen + probably a first round pick (2018 or 2019)

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Spezza is finished, Habs has 0 interest in him, if you really want Patch, it starts with Heiskanen + probably a first round pick (2018 or 2019)

If you want Heiskanen it starts with...oh wait there's no one in the entire Habs organization I'd trade Heiskanen for. Then you want us to add a 1st round pick? Oh boy. Better hope I'm the only Stars fan that sees that because if you dont like my response you definitely wont like theirs.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
If you want Heiskanen it starts with...oh wait there's no one in the entire Habs organization I'd trade Heiskanen for. Then you want us to add a 1st round pick? Oh boy. Better hope I'm the only Stars fan that sees that because if you dont like my response you definitely wont like theirs.
Patch is a proven multi seasons 30 goals scorer who did it without any potent first line centers to feed him, he has more value than people think.. if I am a stars fan, I probably dont do it but thats likely what the asking price is about for Patch at this point...

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Patch is a proven multi seasons 30 goals scorer who did it without any potent first line centers to feed him, he has more value than people think.. if I am a stars fan, I probably dont do it but thats likely what the asking price is about for Patch at this point...

Well to be fair, it could very well be similar to the asking price considering Bergevin wanted Vilardi + Toffoli from the Kings for him. I see where you're coming from

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
common now... thats the pure definition of being a homer.
Look at what Colorado got for Duchene... I brought the point that outside this season, he is a multi years 30 goals scorer who did that playing with jerks as centers.. The odds Patch score 30+ goals again are pretty good if you play him with a decent center.. so you dont trade a proven 30+ goals scorer for peanuts, you need a pretty good return..

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Look at what Colorado got for Duchene... I brought the point that outside this season, he is a multi years 30 goals scorer who did that playing with jerks as centers.. The odds Patch score 30+ goals again are pretty good if you play him with a decent center.. so you dont trade a proven 30+ goals scorer for peanuts, you need a pretty good return..

Pacioretty will be 30 next season, last year of his contract, will get a huge raise in wich a team will eat declining years ( don't get me wrong i still believe he has some good years left in him) but these are facts, im with you that he's under valued on these board, but you are going the way around... Heiskanen is a former 3rd OV who could likely go 1st OV on a redraft depending on team needs. he's a two-way Dman with elite speed and crazy wrister, he's molded for this new NHL era. Dallas is short on Dman just like us, you don't trade that kind of guy especially when you need them badly and you want them to add a 1st on top of that? heiskanen is worth more than pacioretty alone. Pacioretty's awful season is a fluke and will come back to his own self, especially if traded and in a lower profil role. But even still at his time of his career he's worth no more than a low mid first and a B-prospect at best! Wich is more than fine by me! Montreal need that type of deal and let go with him its better for everyone!

Reactions: WhatWhat

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
So Montreal trades the only player they have with value other than Gallagher and Price for a mid 1st rd pick in a weak draft.. A fast declining spezza and a 3rd line center? Yeah boy... That will help the habs so much.

I hate Montreal but i dont hate them this much .

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Pacioretty will be 30 next season, last year of his contract, will get a huge raise in wich a team will eat declining years ( don't get me wrong i still believe he has some good years left in him) but these are facts, im with you that he's under valued on these board, but you are going the way around... Heiskanen is a former 3rd OV who could likely go 1st OV on a redraft depending on team needs. he's a two-way Dman with elite speed and crazy wrister, he's molded for this new NHL era. Dallas is short on Dman just like us, you don't trade that kind of guy especially when you need them badly and you want them to add a 1st on top of that? heiskanen is worth more than pacioretty alone. Pacioretty's awful season is a fluke and will come back to his own self, especially if traded and in a lower profil role. But even still at his time of his career he's worth no more than a low mid first and a B-prospect at best! Wich is more than fine by me! Montreal need that type of deal and let go with him its better for everyone!

Imagine what patches could do if he actually played with a legit center tho. Hes a damn good player on a very bad team.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
at this point i don't know what we could expect for pacioretty, 13OV is actually decent... and a B prospect....
i'd probably accept the deal without spezza unless someone else offers a better prospect in value than the 13OV and and b-ish prospect... i don't see much team who could make sense lower than 13th, NYI? Carolina?

i don't know why habs fan call this trash for us when it would help us rebuild...

Because we should easily get a better offer than that for Pacioretty...

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Imagine what patches could do if he actually played with a legit center tho. Hes a damn good player on a very bad team.

He's the pure definition of a complimentary player, hence why people think he chokes in playoffs, wich isn't very true, he just follows the flow of a team, he doesn't realy create on his own beside counter rushes. Every center who he had chemistry got countered in the playoffs, ex: Desharnais was barely able to skate without falling in any playoffs game he's played in, danault was countered offensively.

Being an complimentary isn't a bad thing, especially if you have a great Center. he's still one of the top shooter and finisher in the league and is great defensively, but he doesn't have great hand and puck control. He's exacly the type of player you don't want to have all the pressure on, wich was a big mistake from the Habs. Pacioretty on an offensive team with a decent center and an etablished group of leader could do damage! Just the way Kessel did with the penguins ( Not comparing the player, because i think Kessel is different, Very well more rounded offensive player, but weaker in the defensive side!

none the less like i stated above, at the point of where pacioretty is in his career i realy doubt he lands more than a low mid first and a B prospect! Pacioretty just doesn't make sense on the habs at where he is and where we are, Trading him would be a win-win-win situation for everybody, him, the habs and the team that gets him!

Reactions: montreal

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Pacioretty only has one year left on his contract. Habs should consider the possibility of a sign and trade offer and/or the Habs eating some salary since cap room is one of their better disposable assets, so as to maximize his value otherwise just sell him off at the TDL for whatever similar players get as rentals. There aren't too many ways to go about this.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Because we should easily get a better offer than that for Pacioretty...
you care to elaborate?

cause theres alot of factor.

my point here is i realy doubt any bellow Dallas would be willing to trade their 1st!

Maybe NYI (still doubt it)
Carolina? (they would likely draft a guy like veleno before that)
Chicago for a last playoff push? ( Very unlikely, would be poor management since they wouln't be able to sign him and adding a potential young ELC guy would be alot better?
After that all the teams are rebuilding.

So you're only option here is a great prospect and a mid pick, wich is very subjective because nobody sees prospect the same way and montreal could likely draft a guy they want.
If this was your case.
Tell me wich prospect and mid picks you think would make sense for the habs AND the other team trading it!

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
you care to elaborate?

cause theres alot of factor.

my point here is i realy doubt any bellow Dallas would be willing to trade their 1st!

Maybe NYI (still doubt it)
Carolina? (they would likely draft a guy like veleno before that)
Chicago for a last playoff push? ( Very unlikely, would be poor management since they wouln't be able to sign him and adding a potential young ELC guy would be alot better?
After that all the teams are rebuilding.

So you're only option here is a great prospect and a mid pick, wich is very subjective because nobody sees prospect the same way and montreal could likely draft a guy they want.
If this was your case.
Tell me wich prospect and mid picks you think would make sense for the habs AND the other team trading it!

Nash, at the trade deadline, got a 1st, a good roster player (spooner), and a good prospect (Lindgren).
Pacioretty is vastly superior to Nash, and should get much more than that.

The goal isnt to get the best 1st round pick, its to get the most quality pieces.

Panthers will easily give a better offer than what op wrote

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Nash, at the trade deadline, got a 1st, a good roster player (spooner), and a good prospect (Lindgren).
Pacioretty is vastly superior to Nash, and should get much more than that.

The goal isnt to get the best 1st round pick, its to get the most quality pieces.

Panthers will easily give a better offer than what op wrote

Nashville is a LATE 1st, Lindgren is a OK prospect at best, Spooner is a undersize unidimensional offensive player, who isn't good enough offensively to make up for his defensive innability. he's definitly not the type of guy i'd want in a transaction for pacioretty to bring down the quality of the trade. You want Quality over quantity.

I do believe Florida would be a great fit for pacioretty but lets go what would be a realistic offer they would make to beat this one and would make sense for them too.

name dropping team that would want him is not what i asked you, i asked for example of trades that beats it!

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Nashville is a LATE 1st, Lindgren is a OK prospect at best, Spooner is a undersize unidimensional offensive player, who isn't good enough offensively to make up for his defensive innability. he's definitly not the type of guy i'd want in a transaction for pacioretty to bring down the quality of the trade. You want Quality over quantity.

I do believe Florida would be a great fit for pacioretty but lets go what would be a realistic offer they would make to beat this one and would make sense for them too.

name dropping team that would want him is not what i asked you, i asked for example of trades that beats it!

Floridas 1st + tippett/hepo is much better than what the op offer, and seems realistic. We could probably get another piece too.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Floridas 1st + tippett/hepo is much better than what the op offer, and seems realistic. We could probably get another piece too.

1st + tippett is a bit of a stretch especially that florida has a weakness on the wing and he has the size and strenght to be near NHL ready.

With Floridas strenght at Center for years to come i guess 1st + hepo would be a decent offer, unless florida sees Hepo as a winger with his small frame, wich would probably happen on every team! he's a long way from being NHL ready IMO, realy like him and i doubt Florida fans will like that trade but i feel like its pretty fair!

Thing is 13 to 15ish could be the difference in being able to draft a guy like hayton or not! i guess i would do both of these trade!

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Might be a good move for Dallas to get Pac if they can play him with Radulov as they go well together. I'd like to get the 13th overall pick as a starting point, no interest in Spezza and his 7.5M cap hit although not that the Habs don't have the space and likely won't have much to spend it on again next year. If we are taking on that contract I'd want something bigger for it then Shore but no clue what.

As a Stars fan, I feel like Shore and 13 or whatever is as much as I want to spend in a package to get rid of Spezza's cap hit for one year.

member 157595

Are you nuts? Dallas wouldn't even do that for a signed MaxPac.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
LMAO. I wouldnt trade Heiskanen for Patches straight up let alone adding a 1st to him.

Also I think the Habs fans here are way too hung up on Spezza. Its extremely common for teams to want to even out money in trades. Spezza can still play, sure he isnt the Spezza of old but he 100% can still play in the NHL, and his contract expires in a year. He is simply the most logical (if he agrees to waive) player to send the other way in any trade to help even out the money. Its pretty rare a team will just take on a lot of cap through a trade

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
Nothing in this deal make the needle move for MTL honestly.

I don't want to hijack the thread, but I've been meaning to ask Dallas fan for a long time how is Lindell? Has he been good this year? Is he expendable? Where does he fit in your hierarchy? (Just as pure information for me, don't want to include him in a deal for Patches)

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I would want Faksa not Shore and I understand that would probably break the deal. I wouldn't lose any sleep if they made this deal as is but definitely wouldn't be cheering in the streets

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad