GDT: Stars @ Avs | 3/20/13 | 7:30 MT | Réservoir Jusqu'au Niveau Maximum!

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
e7mc9g.gif

I'm still in disbelief that McLeod was the only one who got a penalty on that one. Not that he didn't deserve what he got, but Dillon came in late and high while McLeod directly facing the boards, and Morrow got his hands in there as well.

I felt it should have been matching penalties.

IndustryLeech

Jan 23, 2013
Fort Collins, CO
I'm still in disbelief that McLeod was the only one who got a penalty on that one. Not that he didn't deserve what he got, but Dillon came in late and high while McLeod directly facing the boards, and Morrow got his hands in there as well.

I felt it should have been matching penalties.

Dillon speared him in the kidney. I was also pretty surprised he didn't sit for 2 minutes.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Man, my back hurts just watching that. Roy dove on both the Olver and McLeod hits, and McLeod gets the penalty. This happens to Cody right after and there's nothing.

Dallas is just full of pieces of **** between Benn, Dillon, Roy, and whoever else. I'm really starting to hate their team, and that's good because their in our division next year.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Man, my back hurts just watching that. Roy dove on both the Olver and McLeod hits, and McLeod gets the penalty. This happens to Cody right after and there's nothing.

Dallas is just full of pieces of **** between Benn, Dillon, Roy, and whoever else. I'm really starting to hate their team, and that's good because their in our division next year.

McLeod deserved that. He went for a hit after the period ended. If someone did that to an Avs player, I certainly wouldn't mind Avs going after him.

Refs dropped the ball with the penalties on the play of course, but I have no issue with how Stars responded.

If Dillon keeps running around playing like he does, he'll probably get his eventually.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
McLeod deserved that. He went for a hit after the period ended. If someone did that to an Avs player, I certainly wouldn't mind Avs going after him.

Refs dropped the ball with the penalties on the play of course, but I have no issue with how Stars responded.

If Dillon keeps running around playing like he does, he'll probably get his eventually.

Agreed, I actually thought McLeod deserved a misconduct on top of that tbh.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

He deserved to be pushed around, or maybe fought, but Roy clearly embellished that hit like everything else. He easily could have stayed on his feet, but instead he went flying like he did on the Olver hit.

Driving the butt end into a guys back like that, where there's very little padding, with a full backswing is a very dirty play. He could have ruptured something, or effed up his spine.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Yet, people here want McNabb's head on a platter. Hmm

I actually don't think McNabb's hit was as bad as Dater and some make it out to be. I don't like the guy because he caused Joey to miss nearly two years, but Hishon did a similar thing that Naslund did on the Moore hit. He leaned forward to reach for the puck and made his short stature even lower, and McNabb came in with his arm fairly low and hit him. If he wasn't leaning down, or he might have been a little taller, McNabb's elbow would have gone into his chest.

IMO Dillon's butt end was way dirtier than McNabb's hit.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I actually don't think McNabb's hit was as bad as Dater and some make it out to be. I don't like the guy because he caused Joey to miss nearly two years, but Hishon did a similar thing that Naslund did on the Moore hit. He leaned forward to reach for the puck and made his short stature even lower, and McNabb came in with his arm fairly low and hit him. If he wasn't leaning down, or he might have been a little taller, McNabb's elbow would have gone into his chest.

IMO Dillon's butt end was way dirtier than McNabb's hit.

Are you serious? He led with his elbow, that is the dirtiest of dirty hits. The speed of the game does make it hard for split second decisions to be made but there is no reason any player should ever lead with their elbow

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Are you serious? He led with his elbow, that is the dirtiest of dirty hits. The speed of the game does make it hard for split second decisions to be made but there is no reason any player should ever lead with their elbow

Not really. Joey kinda tried to dance around him at the last second, and he only caught his left arm. That's why it spun McNabb around a little bit, and pushed his arm up after the hit.

His arm is barely raised from his side at the time of the hit. It's no worse than Stuarts hit on Landy IMO. Borderline if you want to cut down on head shots, but not dirty per se.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Not really. Joey kinda tried to dance around him at the last second, and he only caught his left arm. That's why it spun McNabb around a little bit, and pushed his arm up after the hit.

His arm is barely raised from his side at the time of the hit. It's no worse than Stuarts hit on Landy IMO. Borderline if you want to cut down on head shots, but not dirty per se.

Yeah, I tend to agree with you.

I don't like it (the hit) because it put our Top Prospect (at the time) out of the game for 2 years and set his development back.

But seeing it, Hish did lean down at the last second...though I'm not sure that McNabb isn't entirely innocent here. He was still coming up a bit high and I think would have made contact w/ Hishon's head regardless, but Hishon leaning down only worsened the severity of the hit.

For what it's worth, unlike Bertuzzi, I believe McNabb when he said following the game that he had no intention of hurting Hishon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad