GDT: Stars @ Avs | 3/20/13 | 7:30 MT | Réservoir Jusqu'au Niveau Maximum!

chewey

May 27, 2008
Near You!
Alright!! We lost!!

*realize that we gone*

HOL-E S***. God dammit Sacco. You can't win an important game for us and now you can't loose an important game for us either? You have got to be the MOST USELESS coach ever! You can't win and you can't loose. Jesus ****ing christ.

YES I know!! Olver won this for us. W/E.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
It's posts like this that make me shake my head.

Did we have an awful 1st period? Hell yes.
Did we battle back and outplay them in the 2nd? Hell yes.
Did we outwork and out battle them in the 3rd? Hell yes.

We deserved that win

You joking right?

1st period was miserable, 2nd period was tolerable wouldn't say it was a domination on our part, I guess you could give us a slight edge as we did outscore them 2-1, and the 3rd was pretty even even though we outscored them 2-0 mainly because Varly made about 4 or 5 bail out saves including about 3 after we tied it where our defense fell asleep and our 2 goals were fluky one was a shot by O'Reilly that had no business going in Lethonen misread it and was out of position, totally on him and the other took a wicked bounce off the dman's head and falls magically on Kobasew's stick.

If we are playing any team of any quality tonight we probably lose 5-3 or worse, but since we played Dallas a very mediocre team we come out with a lucky 4-3 win.

It you are expecting us to win many game playing the way we did tonight then you are setting yourself up for misery.

Taking 6 penalties while only getting 2 PPs will lose you pretty much any game if the team has a credible PP, starting every game down 2-0 isn't going to win you many games, relying on some fluky goals isn't going to win many games, asking your goalie to make 6-8 point blank saves a night isn't going to win many games, switching your line combos 4 times in one game isn't going to win you very many games, playing dump and chase every possession isn't going to work. The list can go on but I'll leave it at that for now.

Don't get me wrong I'm glad they showed some heart and played harder after ******** the bed the first period and then pulled out a win as I rather get wins and play better than tank and get a top pick. But if you think playing like they did tonight will get them more wins I feel bad for you because you are setting yourself up for failure.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
They could even think about re-signing him?

I think Avs probably would want to open up a spot or two in the bottom six. You have to give Malone/Carey/Sgarbossa a chance to make the team.

Besides, if we can get a third for a rental bottom six forward it's a pretty good trade.

avsfan89

Sep 25, 2011
He is taking what Stastny is taking... the "he needs better linemates" medicine.

I've given up on Stas.

No matter who he plays with it doesn't matter. He's played with McGinn, PAP, Landy, Duchene, Jones, Pajamas, Mitchell, and still can't do anything right.

Who does he need to produce? Crosby? Stamkos?

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
I've given up on Stas.

No matter who he plays with it doesn't matter. He's played with McGinn, PAP, Landy, Duchene, Jones, Pajamas, Mitchell, and still can't do anything right.

Thought Stazz was decent tonight. He does a lot of small things that don't get noticed.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
I've given up on Stas.

chris-stewart-2010-1-12-1-41-5.jpg

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Sacco on scratching McGinn and Jones:

"There comes a point when, you know, you wait around for people to get the job done, and then after a while you have to make decisions, hard decisions, but those are the decisions you have to make"

I hope Sherman uses that quote at the end of the year at the presser for Sacco not being retained.

NothingLikeAnEJ

Jimmies: Rustled
Jan 24, 2011
You joking right?

1st period was miserable, 2nd period was tolerable wouldn't say it was a domination on our part, I guess you could give us a slight edge as we did outscore them 2-1, and the 3rd was pretty even even though we outscored them 2-0 mainly because Varly made about 4 or 5 bail out saves including about 3 after we tied it where our defense fell asleep and our 2 goals were fluky one was a shot by O'Reilly that had no business going in Lethonen misread it and was out of position, totally on him and the other took a wicked bounce off the dman's head and falls magically on Kobasew's stick.

If we are playing any team of any quality tonight we probably lose 5-3 or worse, but since we played Dallas a very mediocre team we come out with a lucky 4-3 win.

It you are expecting us to win many game playing the way we did tonight then you are setting yourself up for misery.

Taking 6 penalties while only getting 2 PPs will lose you pretty much any game if the team has a credible PP, starting every game down 2-0 isn't going to win you many games, relying on some fluky goals isn't going to win many games, asking your goalie to make 6-8 point blank saves a night isn't going to win many games, switching your line combos 4 times in one game isn't going to win you very many games, playing dump and chase every possession isn't going to work. The list can go on but I'll leave it at that for now.

Don't get me wrong I'm glad they showed some heart and played harder after ******** the bed the first period and then pulled out a win as I rather get wins and play better than tank and get a top pick. But if you think playing like they did tonight will get them more wins I feel bad for you because you are setting yourself up for failure.

All I said was that we deserved to win TONIGHT's game. Obviously if we don't play better we are going to lose against better teams. But I think the boys were gripping the sticks too tightly during the losing streak so maybe they can relax a little and play better on Saturday.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto

"There comes a point when, you know, you wait around for people to get the job done, and then after a while you have to make decisions, hard decisions, but those are the decisions you have to make"

I hope Sherman uses that quote at the end of the year at the presser for Sacco not being retained.

hehe :yo:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

That would be awesome. He just walks up to the podium, inserts a VHS (makes it better for some reason) into the machine. Hits play. Plays this quote, hits stop, and walks off stage without saying a word. :laugh:

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
All I said was that we deserved to win TONIGHT's game. Obviously if we don't play better we are going to lose against better teams. But I think the boys were gripping the sticks too tightly during the losing streak so maybe they can relax a little and play better on Saturday.

I hope you're right about playing better (I can't take much more of this garbage they have thrown out lately) now that they got a win, but tonight's team looked just as bad as the team that the lost the previous 4. The only difference being they actually got a couple of breaks that they weren't getting the previous 4.

I've never been so frustrated to be an Avs fan, and I've watched over 95% of the games since they moved here in 95. This team just aggravates the hell out of me. I understand rebuilds, what I can't deal with is ineptitude. Its been 4+ years since I saw the Avs go out and field a competitive team on a nightly basis. The team this year seems to have hit a new low. I didn't have super high expectations coming into the year, but I did expect to see some improvement, but we've gone backwards while teams like Edmonton and Columbus have taken steps forward. One win against a weaker team is nice and all but I don't see it leading to much, I hope you're right and we can build some momentum from this game and finish the year playing harder on a nightly basis but the Avs have let me down so many times lately its hard to think that this time will be any different.

Mant*

robidas looks like hes being taken out of the game for embarrassment,

"we're losing to the avs, ****" - what i think is going through robidas' mind

also, this isn't helping the tank, stop scoring :sarcasm:

t'were the puck that was going through Robidas' mind.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
An assist taken away from Olver and given to O'Reilly on the last goal, figured they would do that.

That's 8 points in his last 8 games. Meanwhile, Stastny has disappeared...again.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Thought Stazz was decent tonight. He does a lot of small things that don't get noticed.
Yeah, Staz looked fine. In fact this was probably the most physical I've seen him play in a long time. It was odd seeing him initiate the contact.

Duchene on the other hand just didn't have it tonight. But he's allowed a few off games, can't be in beast mode every night.

Who knew ROR would play better with the 3rd liners and not Lando.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Expecting Sacco to change the lineup after a win is like expecting Katherine Webb to return my calls.

Dallas is one weird team. They should be better than what they currently are. Getting dreadfully little out of Benn and Roy right now. I can't help but think Gulutzan is in trouble there. Sad that Sacco likely has more job security than him at this point.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Expecting Sacco to change the lineup after a win is like expecting Katherine Webb to return my calls.

Dallas is one weird team. They should be better than what they currently are. Getting dreadfully little out of Benn and Roy right now. I can't help but think Gulutzan is in trouble there. Sad that Sacco likely has more job security than him at this point.

I'm just impressed you have her number.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad