GDT: Stars @ Avs | 3/20/13 | 7:30 MT | Réservoir Jusqu'au Niveau Maximum!

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
sethjones_page-bg_10681.jpg

Our Target

pierre-lacroix.jpg

Our Enemy

hunny3.jpg

Our Savior

GDT MUSIC

Part 1

Part 2

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
Stefan Elliot recalled. - at least something to look forward to.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I think this is genuinely the first game of the season I would "want" us to lose. This season is over for us anyway. I want a high pick this summer and want rid of Sacco.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
If we give up another early first period goal I'm going to eat my hat.

Really ? Why?

After last game I have come to the realization that I kind of like being down 2 or 3 nothing early at the current stage.

Winning a pointless game is out of the way early and you can really root for the Avs to play some good hockey.

Way better than them getting dominated and watching Varly stand on his head and than almost hoping for the other team to score late in order to avoid this dreaded loser point.

benzino

Mar 1, 2012
Estocolmo
I just want to salute Zanon a bit. I never thought I would see a Avs D-man play worse than Hunwick then Zanon came along and reminded us all it can always get worse:handclap:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Really ? Why?

After last game I have come to the realization that I kind of like being down 2 or 3 nothing early at the current stage.

Winning a pointless game is out of the way early and you can really root for the Avs to play some good hockey.

Way better than them getting dominated and watching Varly stand on his head and than almost hoping for the other team to score late in order to avoid this dreaded loser point.

Agreed, I find comical relief in the game when I look at the score 5 minutes in and its 1-0 for the other team, go to check the boxscore to see who scored the goal, and BAM its 2-0!

Then I get to sit back and laugh at the team for the rest of the game.

All that matter for me this season is Duchene keeps up his PPG pace, PAP does the same, and ROR/Stas/Landy/EJ produce more points.

NothingLikeAnEJ

Jimmies: Rustled
Jan 24, 2011
I can always tell the people who have never played a game of competitive hockey in their lives by the way the openly root for the team to lose. You guys don't understand what a culture of constantly losing does to a team. It ruins players.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I can always tell the people who have never played a game of competitive hockey in their lives by the way the openly root for the team to lose. You guys don't understand what a culture of constantly losing does to a team. It ruins players.

Ruins players? I think Zanon, O'Byrne, Hunwick have got their share before. :laugh:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I don't see the enjoyment of hoping the team loses just so they can draft high. Cheer for the team and the draft pick will be what the draft pick will be. There is no reason to focus on that during the season.

I care more about the players we have on the team (not the transitional scrubs but the others) than whatever shiny 18 year old there is at the end of the rainbow.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
I don't see the enjoyment of hoping the team loses just so they can draft high. Cheer for the team and the draft pick will be what the draft pick will be. There is no reason to focus on that during the season.

I care more about the players we have on the team (not the transitional scrubs but the others) than whatever shiny 18 year old there is at the end of the rainbow.

More losses = higher chance for Sacco to be canned.

I don't care about the draft. All I want is for Sacco to be turfed.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011

Sorry but I do not buy it. Not one bit. To me it sorry is ********.
The organisation and coaching staff sets the tone of a franchise.
And our current culture is a culture of losing.
A meaningless 3 game winning streak will not change that fact.
And how do we change the current setup? By losing.
Sacco will survive finishing 19th. The chance that he survives a top3 pick are significantly lower.

We have drafted for leadership and character the last few years.
And we still have a "losing" mentality going on. Winning meaningless games does nothing but hurt this organisation.
Yes we have to start winning sooner or later. But we won't under Sacco. So what is the point of finishing 21st instead of 29th?
Do you really believe that changes the mentality of our players?
Do you really believe that breeds a winning mentality? Under freaking Sacco?

Most succesful teams go through a losing period.

And yes I will openly root for them to lose right now.
Why? Because it is the only thing that benefits us longterm...
And it is not like you or me have any impact whatsoever on the outcome of any game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad