Pre-Game Talk: Stars at Pens Tanner Glass Memorial Pregame Posting Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I spent 10 seconds thinking that was a joke... It explains so much, that's awful. :laugh:

****ing Bylsma, "Me no like learning, me try not to."

Bylsma's had some incredible quotes over the years.

"I don't like learning lessons."
"I consider myself a manager, not a coach."
"We don't want to be a skilled team. We want to be a grinding team."
"We just didn't get to our game."

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
This is exactly why it's becoming so difficult to even enjoy Penguin games anymore. Even before the puck drops, I'm annoyed at Bylsma's idiotic line-up decisions, and already I'm in a pissed off mood before the game even begins.

WHY CAN'T HE JUST USE THE BEST PLAYERS AVAILABLE TO HIM? WHY DOES HE ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS HAVE TO DRESS AN INFERIOR LINEUP?!!?!?!

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Bylsma's had some incredible quotes over the years.

"I don't like learning lessons."
"I consider myself a manager, not a coach."
"We don't want to be a skilled team. We want to be a grinding team."
"We just didn't get to our game."

Don't forget "I don't believe in line chemistry" from a few years back.

Damn I wish I would have held on to that story. It was in some puff-piece by the official site. I don't even think they understood how utterly ridiculous the quote was when they put it in there.

This was also back when Disco was still more or less beyond reproach with fans. So it didn't get any play.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I haven't read the updates, but I'll lose my mind if Vitale is left out of this game. The ONLY reason we were even in the game against Philly was because of #46. He busted his ass. He was the main reason we even got back into it. Joey V played his best hockey game ever. He's a 4th liner that was asked to play 2nd line duties and did it ****ing incredibly.

If he's left out, that's terrible ****ing management of a team. That's terrible to basically say "Thanks for being one of the only players to do what I ask... but you are sitting".

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Fire Bylsma. And Shero brings in another stooge. the issue is the Pens got lucky that Crosby fell to them. They got lucky Malkin was on the board at #2. That luck led to a 2009 Stanley Cup. Then the luck ran out. Then it became about actually making sound hockey decisions. Shero made some good decisions, some not so good. Bringing Bylsma back after the Philly playoffs was and is a disaster. Allowing the Bylsman along with Shero to remake this team into a soft yet talented team who gets manhandled by physical teams will again show up in the playoffs. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

ColdStare

Jul 20, 2011
Johnstown
This is exactly why it's becoming so difficult to even enjoy Penguin games anymore. Even before the puck drops, I'm annoyed at Bylsma's idiotic line-up decisions, and already I'm in a pissed off mood before the game even begins.

WHY CAN'T HE JUST USE THE BEST PLAYERS AVAILABLE TO HIM? WHY DOES HE ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS HAVE TO DRESS AN INFERIOR LINEUP?!!?!?!

You've hit on a very frightening point here, I think he believes he is using the best players available to him.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
He'll likely end up doing the same thing with Megna too, Cole.

Sure... just HS two of the only forwards who showed up at all in any capacity this weekend. Terrific plan.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I haven't read the updates, but I'll lose my mind if Vitale is left out of this game. The ONLY reason we were even in the game against Philly was because of #46. He busted his ass. He was the main reason we even got back into it. Joey V played his best hockey game ever. He's a 4th liner that was asked to play 2nd line duties and did it ****ing incredibly.

If he's left out, that's terrible ****ing management of a team. That's terrible to basically say "Thanks for being one of the only players to do what I ask... but you are sitting".

They do it to Despres, they're probably going to do it to Megna. The pressbox is going to be looking good...

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
3 players played good games.. Megna, Vitale (best game by far), and Goc. Those 3 should be rewarded for their heart.

Man that drives me insanely mad. I hate it.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Say cherrypick all you want. But when he factors in 2 of the last 3 Penguin's goals that they scored last two game. Why bench him?

How about keeping the players that are getting you results in the lineup for once? Especially when they can provide everything else and more these deadweight players like Pyatt, Glass, and Adams bring.

If he stops producing, bench him then.

For the same reason he benches Despres for a routine hockey play, then says after the game his blueliners need to get the puck more crisply to the fwds. Again, you can't make this **** up. It's so absurd that you would think he's doing it on purpose, because an individual can't be this dense and coach a professional hockey team.

But hey, it's the Get Along Gang where DB has his pets and all logic goes out of the window.

Til the End of Time

May 18, 2003
Santa Monica, CA
Visit site
honest question... do other coaches around the league make as many dumb decisions as bylsma does?

i know even guys like babcock play favorites with certain veterans, but i dont understand the inner workings of other teams enough to understand how good/bad their little moves are.

ie like playing adams/glass/pyatt over vitale. i understand thats an absurd move, but i think its hard for other fans to really appreciate how absurd it truly is.

so its hard for me to gauge bylsma's decisions in comparison to other coaches. it certainly feels like he makes way more dumb decisions than other coaches, but i dont really have enough info to compare his routinely stupid little moves to another team/coach. anyone that closely follows other teams want to chime in?

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
He'll likely end up doing the same thing with Megna too, Cole.

Sure... just HS two of the only forwards who showed up at all in any capacity this weekend. Terrific plan.

That'll teach the rest of this team a lesson! And one wonders why the **** this team has been horrible at developing players recently.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Don't forget "I don't believe in line chemistry" from a few years back.

Damn I wish I would have held on to that story. It was in some puff-piece by the official site. I don't even think they understood how utterly ridiculous the quote was when they put it in there.

This was also back when Disco was still more or less beyond reproach with fans. So it didn't get any play.

Good God, the Bylsma quote machine is nauseating.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
We are going to get smoked tonight if Vitale and Megna sit for Pyatt and Adams. Dallas is really fast.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
I kind of wish I had some sort of free lance access to him just to ask him "why?".

I blame Shero a bit too for giving him access to make these decisions.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
honest question... do other coaches around the league make as many dumb decisions as bylsma does?

i know even guys like babcock play favorites with certain veterans, but i dont understand the inner workings of other teams enough to understand how good/bad their little moves are.

ie like playing adams/glass/pyatt over vitale. i understand thats an absurd move, but i think its hard for other fans to really appreciate how absurd it truly is.

so its hard for me to gauge bylsma's decisions in comparison to other coaches. it certainly feels like he makes way more dumb decisions than other coaches, but i dont really have enough info to compare his routinely stupid little moves to another team/coach. anyone that closely follows other teams want to chime in?

Most coaches make odd decisions that piss off the fans. It's the nature of sports.

However, I can't recall any NHL coaches who have been tenured this long, making such absurd, truly bizarre decisions. It's why I can no longer keep supporting this guy. I'd literally have to throw out everything I've learned about this game over the years to think he is an intelligent decision maker.

His decision making is reflective of his playoff and Olympic failures. There is no argument around it.

Penguinzilla*

I was wondering this too. Especially if other coaches change lines so much and bring players in/out of the lineup so much. I don't pay enough attention to other games to really know.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
I remember the last Stars game where they made us look like amateurs. Or like we did over the weekend.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
That'll teach the rest of this team a lesson! And one wonders why the **** this team has been horrible at developing players recently.

Yeah... why is that? :sarcasm:

I'm going to be pissed when Despres is traded for scraps, Vitale bolts and whatever happens with Megna happens.

Good God, the Bylsma quote machine is nauseating.

You have to laugh at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad