Post-Game Talk: Stars 4, Pens 1 - The More Things Change, The More They Stay The Same

malkshake

Jan 12, 2012
Vancouver
The one thing I did like seeing was that Dupuis still has the wheels and came make good hockey plays. He did more in this game than Kunitz has done in a game in probably 1 year. This team needs to just healthy scratch Kunitz and Scuderi, who cares if it is 7 million in the press box. Clean out the coaching staff 100%. I really wish we got Torts at this point just to light a fire under these lifeless idiots.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
If a cast off from the Maple Leafs is the saving grace then you know theres trouble.

The Pens will just hire another doofus for coach. They want baby sitters.

I can't believe I'm still watching this team shoot for face offs instead od keeping pucks and making plays. That BS has been happening since Neal was around... so you know its beyond the coaching staff.

The Greatest 101

Dec 10, 2013
Manchuria
Of course. It should've been tried already. And, it's not even an issue of whether it would've worked. It's that the opposite has been so unproductive as to render it mindless to continue to do the same thing over and over.

They give Malkin worse linemates,but let him take tougher matchups.I wonder what the **** Johnsclown is thinking.:laugh:

Jul 4, 2010
Kinda OT but what does it mean that we lottery protected our 1st rd pick? And did JR actually lottery protect the pick?

Jackpot Jaret

Oct 22, 2014
People keep thinking the thought of trading one of Malkin or Crosby is blasphemy, but it may need done. The Pens need a really huge culture shock right now and thats the only way. Crosby and Malkin just doesnt seem to be working.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
We have some good players on this team but we arent a very good team. I chalk it up to a little bit of roster composition and mainly coaching.

If Babcock were coaching this team does anyone think wed have these type of issues right now?

its all coaching. Sid and Geno never had an experienced caoch that can point out to and correct their mistakes,

this team DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO ENTER THE ZONE WITH SIX ON THREE with Malkin, Crosby, Kessel and Letang, please please tell me that that is not crazy, please

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Theres just really nothing in the organisation that provides a spark for this team to really turn things around.

Once this game hit 2-0 Stars, we all knew it was over.

Coaching is an issue and vets getting preferential treatment is another big one.
Team is soft with no hunger.

Hope Bones is ok.

The vet thing has been going on for so long, and is so ingrained in the culture of the team, that I'm not entirely sure where you start to fix it.

The problem is that you HAVE to start somewhere. You can't just resign yourself to it. Bench a guy for a shift or period if need be. Even Crosby or Malkin. Every player needs to see that nobody is bigger than the team, even if salary and talent obviously dictate otherwise.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Team is lazy and has zero heat on them. Way to comfortable and Mario has created a culture of a soft team that has no fire. JR I think made some good moves. But the facts are the tight cap due to Kunitz and Scuderi who are done is an albatross. They have to get Perron on RW or trade him. Hornqvist skating is no where good enough to create room. God is he slow. He battles but he can't get open.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
It would be a chuckle if that last PP was the catalyst that gives us Tocchett as a coach....

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Kinda OT but what does it mean that we lottery protected our 1st rd pick? And did JR actually lottery protect the pick?

The condition on the 1st round pick in the Kessel deal is, if the Pens miss the playoffs, we keep the 2016 1st and Toronto gets the 2017 instead. Yes, JR lottery protected it.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
People keep thinking the thought of trading one of Malkin or Crosby is blasphemy, but it may need done. The Pens need a really huge culture shock right now and thats the only way. Crosby and Malkin just doesnt seem to be working.

You can do a culture shock without hugely downgrading the team.

Every single person in the organization should get the axe before Crosby and Malkin.

Jackpot Jaret

Oct 22, 2014
Not everything can be blamed on coaching. Its not Johnston's fault that we can't score on a 6-3. Sometimes its on the players, right now, the blame lies 5050 between Johnston and the players to me

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

if we miss the playoffs we are in the lottery for first pick. If that happens, Toronto gets our pick the following year instead of this year so we still get the lottery pick.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
We have some good players on this team but we arent a very good team. I chalk it up to a little bit of roster composition and mainly coaching.

If Babcock were coaching this team does anyone think wed have these type of issues right now?

You'd have some, because it's still a flawed roster, but IMO they wouldn't be as pronounced, because Babcock wouldn't have this team playing to its weaknesses.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Shot totals:

Stars - 23
Penguins - 34

Arizona game:

Coyotes - 28
Penguins - 39

First Dallas game:

Dallas - 24
Penguins - 37

Johnston has said before he wants lots of shots on net. I feel like a lot of our chances aren't that good. Its like he has them more worried about shots than good plays.

Didn't a similar thing happen last year as well?

It's a fine line between looking for the perfect play, and just firing low quality shots on net. That's where a coach comes in and gets his players to find that line. This coach is wholly incapable of doing that.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

I have heart problems. Quick doctor. Let's do a liver transplant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad