Post-Game Talk: Stars 4, Pens 1 - The More Things Change, The More They Stay The Same

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
For those fools out there who thought this team showed any progress in the last week or so, tonight's game is stark evidence to the contrary. Save a pulse in the first, when it was close but never that close to the Pens breaking out, this one is the first matchup redux.

System is a mess. Structure is lacking. Bench management is a joke. And, that PP to end the game should be grounds for immediate termination.

Save what Fleury, Geno, and against Florida Sid did, this is a 0-7 team.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
tumblr_inline_msup7ffh8N1qz4rgp.gif

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Razor: Pittsburgh has some issues. They can't score, and they don't compete very hard.

That PP has to be the end. It might not be, but anyone who doesn't think it SHOULD be is delusional.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
What is there to say that hasn't been said? The weak links on the team are obvious, and the coaching is doing nothing to hide them or play to our strengths.

Whakahere

Jan 27, 2004
Germany
wow, if MJ isn't on the hot seat now .... I might have to read more about next years draft. Didn't think I would really need to do that with crosby and malkin on the team .. under 30

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
If you want to save yourself some time for the remaining Pens games this season, just watch the 1st period. If they are down and look like ****, just turn the game off. It's not going to get any better.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I sure hope Julien or Boudreau get fired soon so there's someone available to replace Johnston.

This team is garbage right now.

As much as I want to throw Perron under the bus, I'd like to see what this team could do under a legit NHL coach first. When Sid and Geno are producing at less than a PPG clip, there are big issues offensively.

That being said, Perron's been total ****.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
If you want to save yourself some time for the remaining Pens games this season, just watch the 1st period. If they are down and look like ****, just turn the game off. It's not going to get any better.

They were down but looked good. Still, you could tell by the end of the first how it was going to swing.

SV1

Apr 18, 2011
Adelaide, Australia
Any other organisation, that'd be the end for our junior coach. Tactical debacles aside, that was spiritless. More spiritless than usual. Spiritless garbage like that is normally curtains.

Kill it with fire.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
They were down but looked good. Still, you could tell by the end of the first how it was going to swing.

I turned the game off about halfway through the 2nd period. Came back after watching Heroes Reborn (the show sucks btw). I was happy to see I missed pretty much nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad