Post-Game Talk: Stars 4, Pens 1 - The More Things Change, The More They Stay The Same

Woodrow

Dec 8, 2005
Sportsnet right now saying they should try Kessel with Malkin and Hornqvist with Sid. Also saying the Despres trade sucked for the Pens.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Any other organisation, that'd be the end for our junior coach. Tactical debacles aside, that was spiritless. More spiritless than usual. Spiritless garbage like that is normally curtains.

Kill it with fire.

And that PP to end it.

Burn it down.

AINEC*

AINEC
Jul 4, 2011
I was super excited to see your team this season. Tuned in tonight for the 3rd... that was gross.

Please get a new coach.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Sportnet right now saying they should try Kessel with Malkin and Hornqvist with Sid.

Of course. It should've been tried already. And, it's not even an issue of whether it would've worked. It's that the opposite has been so unproductive as to render it mindless to continue to do the same thing over and over.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
It's not just that we're losing. I could deal with losses. It's how lifeless and dispirited we look.

Make no mistake, these games aren't an issue of the Pens not getting any puck luck. This IS the Pens. At least, this is the Pens under Johnston.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Santa watched the game.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-3105-1368614439-3.gif

Christmas may not come this year.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Part of me feels like Johnston is getting the axe tomorrow.

Part of me thinks you're right.

All of me hopes you're right.

It's not the score. It's how bad we looked in the 2nd and 3rd. How lifeless. And, then that PP . . . man, 6 on 3 and you're not generating anything sweet in terms of chances. :help:

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I was super excited to see your team this season. Tuned in tonight for the 3rd... that was gross.

Please get a new coach.

Don't even bother watching this team until that happens. Seriously. You'd just be wasting your time and sanity.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I tried to bring up the fact that they have not gotten back after trailing after second period but that fact does not seem to bother anyone. That for me if nothing is reason to fire the coaching staff tonight, anything else is just prolonged disaster

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Theres just really nothing in the organisation that provides a spark for this team to really turn things around.

Once this game hit 2-0 Stars, we all knew it was over.

Coaching is an issue and vets getting preferential treatment is another big one.
Team is soft with no hunger.

Hope Bones is ok.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
The Sportsnet analysts are ripping the management for the Despres/Lovejoy deal.

Rightfully so. This management group literally has zero long term plan. They probably don't even have a medium term plan. They only think about the present. Hell, they also think about the past a lot too.

SV1

Apr 18, 2011
Adelaide, Australia
And that PP to end it.

Burn it down.

Yup. That should have sealed it. 6 on 3 for how long? And no one had ANY idea. There's usually a moment like that one that seals the deal for a coach.

I have no faith in this organisation, but that is really hard to ignore. It's not a new trend either. Basically the entire year so far. How can you keep ignoring it, hoping it'll get better? Dark days indeed.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I turned the game off about halfway through the 2nd period. Came back after watching Heroes Reborn (the show sucks btw). I was happy to see I missed pretty much nothing.
That bad huh?
I'm still pissed that they didn't wrap up the original show, so I didn't bother with this one.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
It's not just that we're losing. I could deal with losses. It's how lifeless and dispirited we look.

Make no mistake, these games aren't an issue of the Pens not getting any puck luck. This IS the Pens. At least, this is the Pens under Johnston.

See, this is why tonight was important. It's because we played the Stars before, and how we looked in the 2nd and 3rd might have been worse than that first game. Yeah, we won 3 in a row, but the last two weren't that impressive. So, you ask yourself, as a GM, which way is the trend going. Tonight game you an indisputable answer:

This team is spinning it's wheels.

jdpitt05

Jan 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
We have some good players on this team but we arent a very good team. I chalk it up to a little bit of roster composition and mainly coaching.

If Babcock were coaching this team does anyone think wed have these type of issues right now?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008

Yep.

There is no "players need to gel," or "we're not getting the bounces," or "meaningless games in October."

This team is putrid, and will continue to be putrid under Johnston and Tocchet as long as they're coaches here.

Lottery pick here we come.

Kiith Nabaal

Oct 11, 2013
Shot totals:

Stars - 23
Penguins - 34

Arizona game:

Coyotes - 28
Penguins - 39

First Dallas game:

Dallas - 24
Penguins - 37

Johnston has said before he wants lots of shots on net. I feel like a lot of our chances aren't that good. Its like he has them more worried about shots than good plays.

Didn't a similar thing happen last year as well?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad