Post-Game Talk: Stars 3, Pens 2 - Kunitz Not Enough To Overcome Murray's Glove, Undesperate Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Not sure what is happenning with Kessel but it´s very hard to watch him.

He's been paired with a terrible center all season long, and he no longer gives a ****. He's a Stanley Cup champion, and literally nobody is going to call him out for his bad play.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Roster has 2 anchors holding it back.
Kunitz and MAF.
Will win the next Cup when both are long gone.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
Yeah, it's not like we've been talking about these issues all year.

What issues? That they're tied for the third most points in the entire league? That they blow too many leads in the third period? Seriously, what issues? They're still playing with three of their top six defensemen out of the lineup and another two or three of their top six forwards, and are still rolling right along.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Tonight this Team...all of them coaching staff included deserved to have Fleury and Kunitz on the Team...

F them JR...sleep in 'til 4:00pm and leave them as they are

But if you wake up early and feel inclined...trade each and everyone of them (not Kunitz though)

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Sullivan deserves to lose every game he puts Kunitz on a scoring line.

We waste so many opportunities needlessly...the sort of opportunities you need in the playoffs to put teams away.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Dumoulin is a dumpster fire.
Kunitz is Kunitz.
Kessel is trying to break the iron man record of Cal Ripken Jr.
Crosby looks like he pouting again.
Murray's glove was doing its best Pedro Alvarez at 1st base impression.

And now we have Fleury to look forward to tomorrow....awesome

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
If this is what happens against Dallas, tomorrow night in Chicago should be interesting . . .

giphy.gif

EDIT: BTW, Cole, imagine if Murray isn't traded and he has a period like the third tonight in a game the Pens lose to go down 3-2 in a series. I'm sure everyone will be on board and 100% behind Sully's decision to go with Murray in game 6. :help:

Haha, oh man tomorrow is gonna be a blast!

YouGetSprong

Jun 6, 2016
Not sure what is happenning with Kessel but it´s very hard to watch him.

Sid needs to step it up too. Seems like he reverted back to his old self from the 2015-16 early campaign of that season ever since he has cooled off on the goal scoring and has been playing inconsistent at times. Will go a couple of games without registering a point. Needs to fix it and fast!

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
What issues? That they're tied for the third most points in the entire league? That they blow too many leads in the third period? Seriously, what issues? They're still playing with three of their top six defensemen out of the lineup and another two or three of their top six forwards, and are still rolling right along.

If the last few weeks have looked like "rollling right along" to you then there is no point in discussing this further.

CertifiedLurker

Aug 13, 2016
A lot of passengers tonight. Kessel was floating big time.

A minus to Murray's glove.

Honestly, who the hell is surprised at Kessel's floating. His line has been dog **** at even strength for pretty much the whole year and now he's contributing to it's dog****ness more. Maybe if they actually fixed this issue at some point in the past 60+ games he wouldn't start hardcore coasting. He's no Malkin, and he's no Crosby, he's not going to overcome his linemates.

He's clearly getting visibly frustrated even if he doesn't say anything, I saw him look straight up at the ceiling at the end of one of the few times his line had zone time because he was wide open and nobody bothered to pass it.

Let's face it, he's sucking hard now but this was a long time coming now that the PP has dried up. Maybe they'll actually resolve the problem.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Sullivan deserves to lose every game he puts Kunitz on a scoring line.

We waste so many opportunities needlessly...the sort of opportunities you need in the playoffs to put teams away.

At this point it's JR's fault if Sullivan uses Kunitz in a stupid way. If the coach can't be trusted then the GM needs to take the useless toy away. Parents wouldn't leave their child with some nasty toy the kid keeps shoving in their mouth.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
+ Fleury is still here
+ Kunitz leadership will right this ship

Wait... I don't think I'm doing this right...

turd

Feb 1, 2013
Yeah, that's it. BTW, 2010-2015 Pens HFBoards called . . . they want their post back.

LULZ. Says the guy that literally has been running with the same shtick going back like ten years to the old Pens message board.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Roster has 2 anchors holding it back.
Kunitz and MAF.
Will win the next Cup when both are long gone.

Then it won't be next year, because I expect Kunitz to be back. :laugh:

LULZ. Says the guy that literally has been running with the same shtick going back like ten years to the old Pens message board.

And I've been right. The Pens are in danger of missing the playoffs and fire the coach, the become desperate and roll. The Pens cruise into the playoffs, and the bunnies assume they'll just flip the switch . . . and it NEVER happens. But, do go on, this conversation is quite illuminating . . . :help:

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
I was going to take a trip to Chicago for the three games they have this week (STL, PIT, NYI) Thank God I was too poor :laugh:

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
You don't think 9.6M can put together a better roster?

Everybody needs to get their heads out of their *****. Trading Fleury and Kunitz wont change ****, team needs to start coming together and the coach needs the proper lines or it's going to be a fast playoffs, as in we lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad