Post-Game Talk: Stars 3, Pens 2 - Kunitz Not Enough To Overcome Murray's Glove, Undesperate Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dey so soff*

Feb 17, 2017
Well I hope the management and the coaching staff is happy. This team is a train wreck right now that's only where they are because of individual efforts of their super stars.

Why is Kunitz still on the team?

Why is he playing with Sid?

What the **** is Bonino good for?

Kessel has turned into a complete slug.

Nobody can stickhandle, nobody can receive a pass, nobody can hit the net with thier shots, nobody can backcheck, nobody can clear their zone...

**** off with this garbage...

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
It's DB hockey trying to win with just Sid, Geno, little bit of Jake and Schultz with Murray trying to save the day.
Sully assisting with the crap lines.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
100% on Murray. 3 free goals high glove side.

First one was low glove and then a rebound. Not great, but not all on him. 2nd and 3rd were definitely all Murray high glove. Definitely a very bad 3rd from him. The rest of the team didn't do anything to help though.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Well that was about as depressing as it gets.

Now I guess we look forward to the no-win, damned if you do damned if you don't watch of JR possibly adding to this team. Oh god.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
100% on Murray. 3 free goals high glove side.

We scored 2 goals on the stars with 45 minutes of zone time producing only 6 shots on goal.

Murz shoulda scored more I know.

I'd go about 30% on MM.. but if you're going to ignore Kunitz........and the rest of this team just floating around :shakehead

AgentM

Jan 4, 2008
Allison Park, PA
So are people done saying this team is better than last year on paper and just needs to start clicking? Minus some major overhauling it's not going to be the Pens year. And that's fine, we caught lightning in a bottle last year but that's not the case this season and we should admit it.

Zags91

Apr 19, 2007
This game was a textbook example of the Pens playing down to their opponent. Too much floating around and not enough desperation.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
I won't blame Murray too much, he gives 100% and keeps the other 5 guys on the ice in the game. ****face behind the bench needs a good spear in the knackers.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
As far as I'm concerned, Sullivan is responsible for everything Kunitz does on the ice. Kunitz is being put in positions to be exposed. He was okay on the 4th line with limited minutes, but if Sullivan wants to keep chaining Kunitz to Crosby then Sullivan alone needs to accept responsibility for the result.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Not buying Shatty as a rental was certainly the right move.

This team needs legit NHL talent playing with Sid and Geno.

Kessel waisting away with Bones certainly isn't helping either.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
So are people done saying this team is better than last year on paper and just needs to start clicking? Minus some major overhauling it's not going to be the Pens year. And that's fine, we caught lightning in a bottle last year but that's not the case this season and we should admit it.

I'm not done saying it because it's true. we have 5 important contributors injured and no real time table for them to get healthy. I still think a major trade would help though.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Whole team was on waivers tonight.

Slightly confidence-rattling game from Murr.

Pens were skating in glue and the puck had magnets in it. Maybe it was my feed but I felt the physics were off a bit. Bad physics in Dallas.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Some people here get WAY too riled up over one game...

Yeah, that's it. BTW, 2010-2015 Pens HFBoards called . . . they want their post back.

Said it before, will say it again: JR's decision to stand pat over the summer was fraught with risk, the type of risk you see materializing now. This team is cruising, and it's got big holes that transcend injuries. There's no desperation, no chemistry, no magic . . . maybe they'll flip the switch when it matters after cruising into the playoffs. It's never happened before like that in the last 8 years or so, but I'm sure this year will be different than the other years they never risked missing the playoffs.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I am quite shocked you would take this position. Every single goal against was a massive defensive breakdown but it's somehow 100% on Murray. Good and correct opinion you have there.

No dude, you don't get it. He's unbiased. He doesn't haven any agenda at all.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

I think it's kind of true. But I think we need some catalyst to make it start clicking.

HoRneR814

Apr 23, 2014
Kessel has been really bad the past 5ish games... maybe even worse then dare I say Kunitz? But not as bad as Gaunce lol

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
+ Maaaybe Hainsey. He looked like the only guy prepared to play.

- Everyone else. Not enough desperation and zero focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad