Post-Game Talk: Stars 1 @ Panthers 3 - 22/2 - v 1.1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marco 85

Jan 13, 2021
This stuff about Barkov disappearing is nonsense. Just because he doesn’t dominate offensively. Doesn’t mean he disappears. Forechecks, backchecks, anticipates the play, takes all important face offs, plays 18 to 20 minutes a game. Heady, smart, instinctive complete player. The only negative is his pass first mentality. Like the attempted pass to Lomberg.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Someone posted it a few games ago; play the strong goalie in game #2 if the b2b. I agree with that so Bob on Wednesday and Judge on Thursday.
Also Khudobin will probably play Thursday given that he’s probably tired, and we want to play Driegs against Khu.

Reactions: PSLguy and Chaos2k7

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
This stuff about Barkov disappearing is nonsense. Just because he doesn’t dominate offensively. Doesn’t mean he disappears. Forechecks, backchecks, anticipates the play, takes all important face offs, plays 18 to 20 minutes a game. Heady, smart, instinctive complete player. The only negative is his pass first mentality. Like the attempted pass to Lomberg.
He could be better but its like being mad you only got an A- on a test and not the A+

About 10 players in the entire league as valuable as Barkov and he still has room to grow.

Reactions: Marco 85

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Someone explain to me the downside of Bob doing well even as just the backup

There's no real 'downside' to Bob doing well. But if Bob is the backup, even if he's doing well as the backup, it means we have a titanic investment in... a backup goaltender. It's a symptom of a serious problem.

Anyway, I'm not going to rag on Bobrovsky tonight. The contract is awful, but it's done. We can't change it or do anything about it, all we can do is hope that this crew continues to somehow find ways to win around it. I have basically no hope that he'll actually play up to it, or even close to it.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Marco 85

Jan 13, 2021
12 - 3- 2 and we’re nit picking Barkov. Tells you something about this team.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Not getting value out of that 10M!!!!!!!
Bob is a professional athlete. You have to believe he is not happy with his play. Watching film he has to see what he's doing that is allowing goals.

You don't get one of only 31 starting NHL goaltending jobs without being a competitor. Hopefully his ego will kick in and he will improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad