Online Series: Star Wars: The Mandalorian

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I really hope it's not Boba Fett. It would just make the Galaxy feel small which has been a problem with Disney Star Wars.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The only reason I think it might be Boba Fett is the spurs, but that could just be Favreau/Filoni pulling a fast one on us.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
I think Disney is way more evil than EA.
Well, that's a definition of evil. I think they're on par with how they absolutely don't care whatsoever about their product nor their consumers. They're both garbage to the deepest bone and they only get away with it by accumulating and swallowing fresh meat, that they can dismantle and devour until there's only bones left.

Last edited:

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Another episode involving him taking a job and getting paid and not about learning more about baby Yoda and why the bad guys are after it so I am expecting a good amount of complaining incoming.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I haven’t read through this thread much, but my guess from the beginning was that the importance of our little baby Yoda will be revealed at the end of the season.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Yeah, that was another "quest" episode that didn't advance the plot. On the positive side, it was a pretty good one and a big improvement on the last episode. I imagine that it would've been praised if it had been one of the earliest episodes and not the 3rd to last one. I enjoyed it, but also couldn't help but be a bit disappointed that didn't escalate things so close to the end.

I didn't realize that Hellboy was part of the Star Wars universe. That was weird.

The robotic character with the bug eyes reminded me of a Star Wars action figure that I had in the 80s. I remember it being black and like a dark side version of C-3PO. I wonder if it was supposed to be the same character. If so, I can almost forgive that the writers seemingly "borrowed" his personality and skill set from Isaac on The Orville.

Mando's big fight scene was probably the highlight for me. That was cool.

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If they didn't start with essentially a 3 episode arc with a major mystery, there probably wouldn't be much criticism for not advancing the plot.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Loved this episode. I don’t understand people saying the plot isn’t being advanced. The Mando’s adventures ARE the plot. It’s just not the plot you want to see. Personally, I love the episodic nature of this show.

We’ll learn about baby Yoda eventually but the show is about Mando and his adventures.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Loved this episode. I don’t understand people saying the plot isn’t being advanced. The Mando’s adventures ARE the plot. It’s just not the plot you want to see. Personally, I love the episodic nature of this show.

We’ll learn about baby Yoda eventually but the show is about Mando and his adventures.

Yup!!

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
And the plot that people are wanting should span multiple seasons. Who knows how deep that plot actually goes, so you don't want to waste it too early. The criticism is somewhat valid, but until we at least get through 1 full season, there really isn't much point in being that concerned about it.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Loved the episode other than the two Twi'lek actors who were both quite terrible. I'd like to see Bill Burr return on his own. Also the shots in space do look a bit cheap (like the stars look too big compared to any space scene in the films), but that's a minor-ish gripe.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Loved the episode other than the two Twi'lek actors who were both quite terrible. I'd like to see Bill Burr return on his own. Also the shots in space do look a bit cheap (like the stars look too big compared to any space scene in the films), but that's a minor-ish gripe.

Really? I thought they played their characters well, especially the female one.

I did love Burr, though. Thought he had fantastic chemistry this show.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
I did find it cheesy that they had that very last scene showing everybody alive and well on the ship. Really, that Hellboy dude didn't get crushed by those doors?

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
This show is so cheesy :laugh:

Also when they first see droids its a struggle for all of them to kill 4 of them. Then 20 mins later Mayfield just kills 3 like its nothing. More outstanding writing.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Really? I thought they played their characters well, especially the female one.

I did love Burr, though. Thought he had fantastic chemistry this show.

I busted out laughing at his Gungan impression. I thought he might feel out of place, but after the initial "Hey, that's Bill Burr!" moment it felt fine.

I completely missed on my first viewing that the New Republic guy was Matt Lanter.

Reactions: OhCaptainMyCaptain
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad