TV: Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Final Season Official Trailer

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Maybe it's because we know they survive, but the plot armor was heavy in this one.

Agreed. You knew Ahsoka and Rex would survive but watching them get shot at by dozens of clones at a time and never take a fatal shot was a bit unrealistic. I think Maul working with them then betraying them at the end would've made a lot more sense/realistic.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Agreed. You knew Ahsoka and Rex would survive but watching them get shot at by dozens of clones at a time and never take a fatal shot was a bit unrealistic. I think Maul working with them then betraying them at the end would've made a lot more sense/realistic.
And I don't think Rex missed a single shot. Besides that, I really enjoyed the episode. I think they did a good job with Rex. Wanting to be the pragmatic/realistic soldier that does what it takes to survive, but when Ahsoka takes his helmet off, you see how much it's destroying him.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The animation team guys have been hinting that there's more Star Wars animation to come.
They'd be silly to stop it. I remember seeing a rumor about the Ezra/Thrawn arc continuing with Ahsoka/Sabine looking for him, but not sure if that's happening or not. I would think they would continue anything that is not causing a controversy, and their animated shows for the most part have been universally praised. I think the big thing will be what is Filoni doing in the future since he's obvioulsy been a big part of that success.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Hopefully they never touch Ezra Bridger as a character again. As I've said in the Rebels thread, he's just not a compelling character, and the Rebels conclusions jumped the shark pretty darn hard.

We get to see what Filoni does with Ahsoka in The Mandalorian.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Hopefully they never touch Ezra Bridger as a character again. As I've said in the Rebels thread, he's just not a compelling character, and the Rebels conclusions jumped the shark pretty darn hard.

I actually hope Ahsoka isn't in Mandalorian. To me her saga is concluded, we know everything that we need to know, and it's perfectly fine to have some cloudy parts in there for your imagination. It's one reason why I didn't enjoy Solo. I didn't need an origin story of how Han got all his stuff and his last name.

What could be interesting and cool is if Filoni did an Old Republic animated show.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I actually hope Ahsoka isn't in Mandalorian. To me her saga is concluded, we know everything that we need to know, and it's perfectly fine to have some cloudy parts in there for your imagination. It's one reason why I didn't enjoy Solo. I didn't need an origin story of how Han got all his stuff and his last name.
It's the worst kept secret in Star Wars that Rosario Dawson will be playing Ahsoka in The Mandalorian season 2.

I generally agree that Star Wars suffers far too much from giving unnecessary explanations and back stories (and that ties into a lot of my complaints about both Rebels and the prequels in general).

Reactions: bleedblue1223

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
It's the worst kept secret in Star Wars that Rosario Dawson will be playing Ahsoka in The Mandalorian season 2.
I know, doesn't mean I can't hope that it's not true lol. I just hope it's not a major role. Mando is great because it's away from characters that we are familiar with, it feels like a different Star Wars story. By bringing in the same characters, the world will just feel small.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I know, doesn't mean I can't hope that it's not true lol. I just hope it's not a major role. Mando is great because it's away from characters that we are familiar with, it feels like a different Star Wars story. By bringing in the same characters, the world will just feel small.

I'd agree, Ahsoka is unnecessary. If they were going to do something with her it should've been in the force awakens. I'll wait to see how season 2 goes first though considering how good season 1 was.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Meh, I grew up liking him more as he matured. I would like to see that story. And that Rebels ending was really good. I guessed that Ezra might be bringing the spacewhales.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Star Wars authors, Filoni included, love to bridge characters across various series and make the world feel small. There was no reason for Ahsoka, let alone Rex, to be in Rebels. Yet there they were.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Star Wars authors, Filoni included, love to bridge characters across various series and make the world feel small. There was no reason for Ahsoka, let alone Rex, to be in Rebels. Yet there they were.
Yeah, it's the one consistent downfall of recent SW, regardless of the quality of the content. They always want to try and connect things and have some level of easter eggs or nostalgia. It's not to say that they have to completely avoid connecting things, but they definitely do it way too often.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I wouldn’t mind another interlude animated series taking place between RotJ and TFA. Given how he handled Anakin, I could see Filoni doing Luke, Leia, and Han justice.

Not that I would mind moving to a different century than the one we’ve lived in this whole time.

I found the finale marginally underwhelming, until the very end of it, but I’m sure I won’t feel that way when all 4 episodes are taken as a whole. The story itself really ended in the 3rd episode. Sorta like how Vader kills the Emperor with almost 20 minutes left in RotJ. The story is kinda over at that point, but there’s still stuff to wrap up.

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I wouldn’t mind another interlude animated series taking place between RotJ and TFA. Given how he handled Anakin, I could see Filoni doing Luke, Leia, and Han justice.

Not that I would mind moving to a different century than the one we’ve lived in this whole time.

I found the finale marginally underwhelming, until the very end of it, but I’m sure I won’t feel that way when all 4 episodes are taken as a whole. The story itself really ended in the 3rd episode. Sorta like how Vader kills the Emperor with almost 20 minutes left in RotJ. The story is kinda over at that point, but there’s still stuff to wrap up.
Yeah, I think if we view all for episodes one after the other, then it'll flow really good. The final 4 felt more like a movie as opposed to a tv arc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad