Online Series: Star Wars: the Bad Batch season 2

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
"I have a bad feeling about this..."

Seems destined that the Empire will find the Dad Patch on that planet (Cid sells them out or something) and things go horribly wrong, or they're about to be united with Crosshair.

I hate Cid. A literal NPC quest giver. I can't stand those types of characters. Mission of the week episodes rarely contribute anything. There's like 6 episodes of actual plot per season in this show. But yeah I would bet in Cid snitching on them somehow. Could see Crosshair somehow saving them. He seems to have turned after the most recent episode with him.

Putting them on a refuge planet does allow them to do a bit of a time skip if they choose.

Please god skip a few years and have Omega not have to be saved every. f***ing. episode. Make her a competent character and half this show's issues go away.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I hate Cid. A literal NPC quest giver. I can't stand those types of characters. Mission of the week episodes rarely contribute anything. There's like 6 episodes of actual plot per season in this show. But yeah I would bet in Cid snitching on them somehow. Could see Crosshair somehow saving them. He seems to have turned after the most recent episode with him.

Please god skip a few years and have Omega not have to be saved every. f***ing. episode. Make her a competent character and half this show's issues go away.
Clones age at double the rate of regular humanoids. So a 5 year jump ages them a decade. But they need to get off this saving Omega deal they’ve got going.

Episode didn’t do much.m to move the storyline. So leaving them there for a bit seems to make sense.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Clones age at double the rate of regular humanoids. So a 5 year jump ages them a decade. But they need to get off this saving Omega deal they’ve got going.

Episode didn’t do much.m to move the storyline. So leaving them there for a bit seems to make sense.

The concept of the Bad Batch (Delta squad) is just so good that's it's a shame Disney has made these cliche characters that feel quirky just to be quirky. Then adding Omega and having them save her every episode has made me almost give up on the show several times. I'm really only still watching because I'm a massive star wars fan.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The concept of the Bad Batch (Delta squad) is just so good that's it's a shame Disney has made these cliche characters that feel quirky just to be quirky. Then adding Omega and having them save her every episode has made me almost give up on the show several times. I'm really only still watching because I'm a massive star wars fan.
Omega better have some real importance otherwise this is getting boring and repetitive.

Reactions: LarKing

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Putting them on a refuge planet does allow them to do a bit of a time skip if they choose.
Also shows how they are trying to find their place in the Galaxy since they went AWOL. Are they more than programmed soldiers? How do they help Omega have a better life than they had, etc.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I have zero qualm with "Adventure of the Week" shows. Not everything needs to be serial drama all the time. And shows can even do some of both (as X-Files did so well in the 90s).

I do get annoyed when adventures become as repetitive as they are in the Bad Batch. Omega has definitely shown growth and the ability to fend for herself, but this season they repeatedly exploit her lack of social awareness to put her in bad situations she needs to be rescued from. Instead of her being unable to protect herself, it's her yearning for some social experience or connection she hasn't had that leads to her being in danger. This week it was having a legitimate friend her age and going onto the ocean. Other weeks it was trying to win approval of either Echo or Tech leading to her dangling in a cargo crate or falling into a cave. We've seen variations on this trope a bunch of times this season.

There are some plots and episodes that are compelling, but they tend to be the ones without a huge amount of Bad Batch presence. The stuff with the clone decomissioning, Crosshair's role in the Empire, and the Empire's cloning efforts on Mount Tantiss are all intriguing. The new cloning commander/villain (Royce Hemock), in particular, is a character I want to see more of.

I really doubt there will be any time skips. The cloning plot line and the need for Dr. Hemlock to find Omega to control Nala Se won't permit a long delay like a time skip. Cid is going to sell out the Bad Batch to the Empire, and Dr. Hemock will send forces to try and kidnap Omega.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I don't really mind Omega.

I think she's an important character as the moral compass of the group.

The rest of them are seasoned and hardened soldiers and I think they appreciate that she steers them towards what is morally right.

I get that it gets repetitive in terms of her being physically vulnerable, but I think they are vulnerable as well, emotionally, in terms of having to try and chart their own course in the galaxy without following orders.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
I get that it's a kids show, and I don't mind Omega at all, but I do wish they'd focus more on the main storyline. I think we have gotten a total of 5-6 episodes that deal with the clones. And honestly, they've been the best ones, by countless galactic light years.

Edit: I hope that the show is setting up the next big archs within the overall series, that being Thrawn returning to reign in the Imperial remnants and unify them under his banner. Mount Tantiss is being heavily showcased, same with it's cloning R&D/Production facilities. And as we know via legends, Thrawn get's a hold of the secrets in Tantiss and builds himself a clone army, as well as some broken Jedi clones.

Me thinks with the ill-reaction to the sequels, Disney threw out w/e plans they did have and resorted to Option B, which is grab the useful (and critically awesome) bits from Legends and use it to flesh things out to make the stink not so bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: LarKing

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The episodes that focus on the clones and what's happening to them in the post-Republic era are the best parts of the show. I just wish the show was more focused on that without the filler/bottle/whatever you want to call it episodes. And I know TCW and Rebels had their fair share of those, but overall those shows were better so I was a little more forgiving of it.

Reactions: Jussi and LarKing

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
The Bad Batch is so much better with the focus on Crosshair and other clones. One of my favorite episodes yet.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The episodes that focus on the clones and what's happening to them in the post-Republic era are the best parts of the show. I just wish the show was more focused on that without the filler/bottle/whatever you want to call it episodes. And I know TCW and Rebels had their fair share of those, but overall those shows were better so I was a little more forgiving of it.
I can't help escape the feeling that Omega will not grow up to be an adult, hence the feeling that Dad Patch won't be around for long. If Grogu is somehow tied into it as well (cloning, Snoke & Palpatine), there might be potential to have waaaaaaaaay darker ending than Empire Strikes Back.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I can't help escape the feeling that Omega will not grow up to be an adult, hence the feeling that Dad Patch won't be around for long. If Grogu is somehow tied into it as well (cloning, Snoke & Palpatine), there might be potential to have waaaaaaaaay darker ending than Empire Strikes Back.
Does omega have the accelerated agin that the other clones do or is she more like Boba Fett who doesn’t have aging? By the time she is an adult they will have aged like another 15-18 years that a regular person would have.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Does omega have the accelerated agin that the other clones do or is she more like Boba Fett who doesn’t have aging? By the time she is an adult they will have aged like another 15-18 years that a regular person would have.
Well that was posted before finding out that one scientist is also a clone, her sister.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Well that was posted before finding out that one scientist is also a clone, her sister.
I've been wondering if they were going that route ever since that scientist showed up, since she basically sounded like an older version of Omega, and had very Tech-like vibes with the glasses.

Overall this season was kind of hit or miss for me. I did enjoy the last few episodes more than some of the ones earlier in the season, and I want to see how they finish the series off. Assuming they renew it for another season anyway. I don't think they've confirmed one way or the other, have they?

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
All of the big emotional moments in these last two episodes were undercut by Omega "WE HAVE TO GO BECK" meme lines

(As soon as Tech was in danger, with the whole Wanda Sykes character flirting with him bit, it was obvious he was a goner - plus Tech and Echo have always been kind of redundant on the team, and with Echo back...)

Reactions: Power Man

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
I recognized Krennic before Tarkin dropped his name

Not bragging, just saying the artists did a good job

And they mentioned project Stardust that was cool and you could Jin Erso’s theme

oh and yeah more Go bEck lol

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I recognized Krennic before Tarkin dropped his name

Not bragging, just saying the artists did a good job

And they mentioned project Stardust that was cool and you could Jin Erso’s theme

oh and yeah more Go bEck lol
Ben Mendelsohn recorded that one line for Krennic.

Yeah, let's make fun of people's accents, ya'll. What's that all aboot?

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Yeah, let's make fun of people's accents, ya'll. What's that all aboot?
It's not really about the accent, it's about the fact that Omega says "we need to go beck" to rescue someone in basically every single episode of the first season. It's a meme about Omega and the formulaic nature of the show. Her pronunciation just adds to the meme, but the joke isn't really about how she says it.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
It's not really about the accent, it's about the fact that Omega says "we need to go beck" to rescue someone in basically every single episode of the first season. It's a meme about Omega and the formulaic nature of the show. Her pronunciation just adds to the meme, but the joke isn't really about how she says it.
She also says "we can't leave him" in the same context, because the Bad Patch are her family and she doesn't want to lose any of them. So excuse me for not seeing humor in it.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Have a feeling Tech is still alive because they never found the body. Disney Star Wars loves to bring back characters. I thought the action was really good in this one. Loved seeing more of the commandos. Knew Cid would betray them. f*** her. Another meh season overall. And did they seriously tell us that they did all that work to capture Omega just to get the lead scientist to work with them? That can't be the only reason right? I assumed it was because they did something special with cloning Omega they haven't been able to do before but apparently not because she has a sister. This whole show is such a mess.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Have a feeling Tech is still alive because they never found the body. Disney Star Wars loves to bring back characters. I thought the action was really good in this one. Loved seeing more of the commandos. Knew Cid would betray them. f*** her. Another meh season overall. And did they seriously tell us that they did all that work to capture Omega just to get the lead scientist to work with them? That can't be the only reason right? I assumed it was because they did something special with cloning Omega they haven't been able to do before but apparently not because she has a sister. This whole show is such a mess.
Wasn't it established in season 1 already that Omega is basically the source code for cloning or something like that?

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
The series is quite clearly building story lines to use in future series.

I am adamant that all of this is a giant lead up to Thrawn in the Asokha series.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad