Online Series: Star Wars: the Bad Batch season 2

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Caught up on the season today and it's...fine. Visually I think it looks great and the music is on point as usual. This season feels more adventure of the week than the first season so far. Hopefully they get back to the more interesting clones related stuff with Crosshair, Cody, the Empire, etc.

This last episode I was half expecting a Zillo beast to show up to fight the giant mech.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Absolutely amazing pair of episodes this week. Kevin Kiner's music...

200w.gif

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It's called an Australian accent. :laugh:

It's a bit odd for an actress from New Zealand to be using an Australian accent. ;)

Clones generally have New Zealand accents because both Temuera Morrison (Jango) and Daniel Logan (young Boba) are from New Zealand.

Interestingly, the original Boba Fett's voice was by an American, but apparently they swapped Temuera Morrison's voice in for Empire Strikes Back for the last DVD collection.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
This show reminds me a lot of Boba Fett where its best content is when the Bad Batch guys aren't the focus of the show. I think there is a lot that can still be fleshed out with this show but man the main characters are just not it. Too much superhero in the middle of the action with them. Honestly, I'd rather watch a show that just shows what happened to the clones without them.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Caught up on the season today and it's...fine. Visually I think it looks great and the music is on point as usual. This season feels more adventure of the week than the first season so far. Hopefully they get back to the more interesting clones related stuff with Crosshair, Cody, the Empire, etc.

This last episode I was half expecting a Zillo beast to show up to fight the giant mech.
Well, I guess I kind of called it...just the wrong episode and no mech to fight.:laugh:

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
This show is at its best showing the dark sides of the empire and without the main Bad Batch crew cracking jokes in the middle of "serious" fight scenes. The contrast of Mayday with Crosshair yet them also being similar and working together was just fantastic to watch. I love seeing what happened to the clones we loved so dearly in TCW. That show really opened up a whole new "lane' of Star Wars if you will. Rather than emotionless soldiers, we now have a million faces that somehow all have personality you can't help but root for.

Well, I guess I kind of called it...just the wrong episode and no mech to fight.:laugh:

Honestly, have the Bad Batch killed off in front of Crosshair. Then Crosshair goes off and does significant work to help the galaxy/rebellion to redeem himself. The Bad Batch are just not it. They're like a Marvelized Delta Squad. The episodes with just them saving Omega are dreadful to get through for me.

Reactions: Hivemind

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
This show is at its best showing the dark sides of the empire and without the main Bad Batch crew cracking jokes in the middle of "serious" fight scenes. The contrast of Mayday with Crosshair yet them also being similar and working together was just fantastic to watch. I love seeing what happened to the clones we loved so dearly in TCW. That show really opened up a whole new "lane' of Star Wars if you will. Rather than emotionless soldiers, we now have a million faces that somehow all have personality you can't help but root for.

Honestly, have the Bad Batch killed off in front of Crosshair. Then Crosshair goes off and does significant work to help the galaxy/rebellion to redeem himself. The Bad Batch are just not it. They're like a Marvelized Delta Squad. The episodes with just them saving Omega are dreadful to get through for me.
I do grow tired of the team having to save omega. Like to see that angle end.

Clones are now seeing the end of the line for them. Crosshairs as well. Following orders didn’t get him anything.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I do grow tired of the team having to save omega. Like to see that angle end.

Clones are now seeing the end of the line for them. Crosshairs as well. Following orders didn’t get him anything.

Omega was the worst thing to happen to the Bad Batch. It's like they saw the success of the Mandalorian and thought the audience needed a child to be saved every. single. episode. I was actually about to be done with this one before watching the last 2-3 episodes that were much better.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Omega was the worst thing to happen to the Bad Batch. It's like they saw the success of the Mandalorian and thought the audience needed a child to be saved every. single. episode. I was actually about to be done with this one before watching the last 2-3 episodes that were much better.
And then they did it again in Kenobi.
And will be doing it again in Sekelton Crew.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
And then they did it again in Kenobi.
And will be doing it again in Sekelton Crew.

Okay, Kenobi actually made sense though. Obi Wan would have no other reason to leave Tattooine other than saving Luke or Leia. Thought the show overall was mid at best but I understand using Leia in that one.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Okay, Kenobi actually made sense though. Obi Wan would have no other reason to leave Tattooine other than saving Luke or Leia. Thought the show overall was mid at best but I understand using Leia in that one.
I'd be less annoyed by it if it wasn't in the middle of the "every Star Wars show must be about saving a child" trend

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I'd be less annoyed by it if it wasn't in the middle of the "every Star Wars show must be about saving a child" trend
100% agree. This trope works at times but using it in every single show has become painful. None worse than Bad Batch for me.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I liked the homage to Aliens followed by a bit of an homage to the Thing.

Both episodes were compelling, and while the Outpost was a bit manipulative, it made for enjoyable viewing.

Crosshair was always my favourite character so seeing him carry an episode was enjoyable.

I’m not sure if rejoining the Bad Batch is feasible in which case he may be bound for the “heroic death of the redeemed bad guy to avoid any unnecessary awkwardness”, right Anakin and Kylo Ren?

Unless they try the “we’re still a family” trope like a Star Wars version of Vin Diesel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jussi

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I liked the homage to Aliens followed by a bit of an homage to the Thing.

Both episodes were compelling, and while the Outpost was a bit manipulative, it made for compelling viewing.

Crosshair was always my favourite character so seeing him carry an episode was enjoyable.

I’m not sure if rejoining the Bad Batch is feasible in which case he may be bound for the “heroic death of the redeemed bad guy to avoid any unnecessary awkwardness”, right Anakin and Kylo Ren?

Unless they try the “we’re still a family” trope like a Star Wars version of Vin Diesel.
Well the show's nickname in large is Dad Patch.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
They should just leave the Bad Batch on this new planet and follow Rex/Cody/Crosshair. Honestly the show would be so much better. They have to be running out of ideas on different ways to save Omega by now right? Right? RIGHT?????

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I find myself caring less and less about this show. Which is sad because I think the show looks gorgeous and Kiner is killing it with the music like he always does. I think Andor and The Mandalorian have spoiled me and this just feels like small potatoes next to them.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
They should just leave the Bad Batch on this new planet and follow Rex/Cody/Crosshair. Honestly the show would be so much better. They have to be running out of ideas on different ways to save Omega by now right? Right? RIGHT?????
"I have a bad feeling about this..."

Seems destined that the Empire will find the Dad Patch on that planet (Cid sells them out or something) and things go horribly wrong, or they're about to be united with Crosshair.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad