Online Series: Star Wars: the Bad Batch season 2

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Ugh, back to Star Wars shows about grizzled old men protecting a special child while a rotating cast of fan favorites makes cameos.

• Haha
Reactions: beowulf

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Ugh, back to Star Wars shows about grizzled old men protecting a special child while a rotating cast of fan favorites makes cameos.
As a parent, I can tell you that it feels great to watch found/injured/scared children being saved/protected. Extra points when those protecting the kids are unwilling surrogate parents.

Say what you will, the trope connects and sells.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
As a parent, I can tell you that it feels great to watch found/injured/scared children being saved/protected. Extra points when those protecting the kids are unwilling surrogate parents.

Say what you will, the trope connects and sells.
The trope works, but that doesn't mean that every Star Wars show should use it. The Mandalorian did it, then Bad Batch, then it shows back up with Grogu/Mando in BoBF, then Kenobi, and Skeleton Crew will be doing it next. It's very much overplayed in the Star Wars universe, and I'm exhausted of it at this point.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
The trope works, but that doesn't mean that every Star Wars show should use it. The Mandalorian did it, then Bad Batch, then it shows back up with Grogu/Mando in BoBF, then Kenobi, and Skeleton Crew will be doing it next. It's very much overplayed in the Star Wars universe, and I'm exhausted of it at this point.
Its a fair critique that its overdone, or maybe doesn't belong in certain properties. I disliked the trope in Obi, but loved it in BB and Mando.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
yep--

New bad guy is interesting.

but I think the clone shot at the end is not dead and will join up with the bad batch
I don't know

I think he's dead. But word will probably travel fast. I expect that one of the big reasons why the Clones were gotten rid of was becasue they were pretty uncorruptable. I think that we're going to see a Clone rebellion, I think we're going to see the conscript storm troopers sent in to get rid of them. And it'll be interesting to see where Crosshair and Cody and Rex fit into this.

Maybe the Batch smuggles some clones to safety.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad