Post-Game Talk: Star VS Yotes #56 (Over 1000)

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Screw it, I'll be the coach. I'll just post a new thread on HF before every game to get your input on who should play and who's with who. First move is flipping Rundblad with Schlemko.

WJF

Jul 19, 2007
Los Angeles
Buffalo didn't hire him

Buffalo went totally off the chart by rehiring Ted Nolan and Lafontaine. They needed a major shakeup in culture and needed to excite the fan base. Nolan/Lafontaine was the way to go. Trust me, I live in Buffalo and I heard what was being said.

Neither did Florida or Winnipeg. This 'Fire Tipp' talk is just nonsense.

That's the whole point. The past is in the past. Laviolette is the best that's out there at the moment. If Maurice was still available, it would be a different conversation. Laviolette doesn't fit Jets' needs. I believe he fits our needs.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Wake up. We ARE playing an offensive game this year. Look at our GF/GAA. We are playing an offensive game and failing because Tippet is not that type of coach and doesn't play that kind of system.

That's weird considering we are only 15th in scoring in the NHL this year, followed by 19th, 17th, and 15th. We are on pace for roughly 234 goals which is our usual clip at years end. Our problem is lack of effort and defense. We are currently 22nd in GA, where in the 3 years we made the playoffs we were 7th, 13th, and 3rd. If we can fix that, we can make the playoffs, and I believe that begins with moving Schlemko, Stone, Rundblad, and Klesla. Then get the top 6 guys so our defensive players (including forwards) can focus on what they do best, play defense.

Last edited:

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
That's weird considering we are only 15th in scoring in the NHL this year, followed by 19th, 17th, and 15th. We are on pace for roughly 234 goals for which is our usual clip at years end. Our problem is lack of effort and defense. We are currently 22nd in GA, where in the 3 years we made the playoffs we were 7th, 13th, and 3rd. If we can fix that, we can make the playoffs, and I believe that begins with moving Schlemko, Stone, Rundblad, and Klesla. Then get the top 6 guys so our defensive players can focus on what they do best, play defense.

Then move stone and Yandle. Both are over -10 in +/-

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
On that Moss breakaway, I was thinking I'd rather that be any other Coyotes player taking that shot. Hell I'd take Biz in that shot over Stonehands Moss. I have no idea how Moss scored 20 goals a few years back, let alone 17 goals in 58 games in 2010-11.

The other killer was Korpikoski right in the slot and he elects to pass. He had the perfect shooting lane. I'm not sure if that's a lack of confidence or what, but it was surely a blown opportunity. The Coyotes are at their best when they play a simple game and minimize those extra passes.

No help from the zebras tonight (particularly the missed call right before Dallas ties it), though we didn't do our part to catch the breaks either.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
No help from the zebras tonight (particularly the missed call right before Dallas ties it), though we didn't do our part to catch the breaks either.

Did Morris actually trip the Dallas player that led to their PP goal? Looked to me like his stick was a foot in front of the player and the dud just fell on DMo's stick.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Schlemko, Moss, Helpern and Klesla are top on my list of players that need to go.

Can't wait to have Domi play next year, hopefully he does well.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Finally a GDT with as many posts in it in a short amount as time as the Useless Thread in the Lounge. Another loss again but can't blame Smith on this one.

yotesreign

Jan 26, 2009
Goldwater Blvd
Did Morris actually trip the Dallas player that led to their PP goal? Looked to me like his stick was a foot in front of the player and the dud just fell on DMo's stick.

Looked like a phantom call to me up in 207 but I haven't seen a replay. The guy went down but I didn't think DMo tripped him...

Phoenician

Jul 3, 2013
Phoenix
On that Moss breakaway, I was thinking I'd rather that be any other Coyotes player taking that shot. Hell I'd take Biz in that shot over Stonehands Moss. I have no idea how Moss scored 20 goals a few years back, let alone 17 goals in 58 games in 2010-11.

The other killer was Korpikoski right in the slot and he elects to pass. He had the perfect shooting lane. I'm not sure if that's a lack of confidence or what, but it was surely a blown opportunity. The Coyotes are at their best when they play a simple game and minimize those extra passes.

Dont forget Ribs in the 3rd holding the puck staring at the net for 5 seconds then passing vs. shooting - still afraid to shoot.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Looked like a phantom call to me up in 207 but I haven't seen a replay. The guy went down but I didn't think DMo tripped him...
Hard to tell. He definitely had his stick in Cole's skates, but Cole was grinning like an idiot skating back to DAL bench after.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
It's not as if the team is underperforming. IMO the team stopped over performing for its talent level. The Coyotes have 1 upper tier talent - OEL.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Smith was good. The refs weren't. How long are we going to be forced to watch Mike Ribeiro play with 4th line scrubs like Klinkhammer and Moss? What the ****? We bought a Ferrari and had only a set of tractor tires to put on it. What a waste.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto

A weak call, although so was the hooking call on Whitney. How that stuff gets called but some of the holding calls in front of the Dallas net doesn't is frustrating.

Dont forget Ribs in the 3rd holding the puck staring at the net for 5 seconds then passing vs. shooting - still afraid to shoot.

Agreed, although I'd say the Korpri situation was worse. He had a direct lane. What's frustrating about Ribeiro is he actually has the second best shooting percentage on the team, behind only Vermette. But, Rib has only 86 shots, good for 9th on the team. He plays a lot like Joe Thornton. He needs to trade some of the playmaking finesse and get a little cocky with his shot. It's almost to the point where teams don't make much of an effort to cover him because they know that the shot isn't coming.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I almost feel like come TDL, even if we are only out of the playoffs by 2 points, we should go on a mini sell. Pick up a crap ton of 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th rounders and hope for some diamonds. Moss, Schlemko, Klinkhammer, Chipchura, and Morris could all be turned into young assets. Sure their chance of making it is slim to none, but it can't be worse than what these guys are bringing to the table.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Thanks to Smith for showing up on my birthday. The rest of the team can go do Herbies for 3 hours for all I care. Piss poor effort. The best was Schlemko handing it to the Stars forward right in front with 6 minutes left.

Wish I could've posted in the GDT.

Happy Birthday Poni. Congrats on turning (17? I remember you saying you were in high school?) Hope you had a good one, man.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Smith was good. The refs weren't. How long are we going to be forced to watch Mike Ribeiro play with 4th line scrubs like Klinkhammer and Moss? What the ****? We bought a Ferrari and had only a set of tractor tires to put on it. What a waste.

All of this.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
How long are we going to be forced to watch Mike Ribeiro play with 4th line scrubs like Klinkhammer and Moss? What the ****? We bought a Ferrari and had only a set of tractor tires to put on it. What a waste.

Brad Boyes. He's making $1 million. He's owed about $300K of that as of today. I can't imagine he costs more than a 2nd rounder at the most, and likely closer to a 3rd and a 5th. We can then add a more expensive player, if needed, closer to the deadline.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I almost feel like come TDL, even if we are only out of the playoffs by 2 points, we should go on a mini sell. Pick up a crap ton of 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th rounders and hope for some diamonds. Moss, Schlemko, Klinkhammer, Chipchura, and Morris could all be turned into young assets. Sure their chance of making it is slim to none, but it can't be worse than what these guys are bringing to the table.

Our problem isn't low end talent, which is what all those low end picks would bring. Our problem is high end talent. Our 4th line is quite good. Our top lines are not so good. We need a few high end players to fill out our first and second line. Hanzal could anchor a defensive 3rd line to throw at top lines of other teams. Vermette and Ribs would be okay top line centers if only they had top end talent to surround them.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Our 4th line is quite good.

It's really not. It just looks better the last few games vs the last few years. Put any cup winning teams fourth line against ours. It's laughable. Deep teams that play well have a bottom six that is thoughtfully composed and is trusted in certain situations. Tippett more or less treats the 4th line as a dungeon, only calling upon certain players for certain situations when he feels like it.

You need a 4th line that can take a regular shift and not **** their pants or blow a lead. We don't have that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad