Post-Game Talk: Star VS Yotes #56 (Over 1000)

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I had 243 posts in the GDT, I'm a bit depressed by that, but it was my suggestion to get a GDT continuation. Mission success!

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Myself or Peter Laviolette.

I really don't think Laviolette is the right answer. I'd wait a year on a coaching change because DT does have a winning history and this could be a down year but if by December next year we still aren't winning then I'd make the change. Ideally I'd want Boudreau from Anaheim.

WJF

Jul 19, 2007
Los Angeles
:facepalm:
Laviolette can't even win with a team full of talent. Give him the Coyotes and we will be getting 2015 1st overall.....

wait a minute..That might not be a bad idea to get that McDavid kid :sarcasm:

Laviolette won a cup and coached the Islanders to a winning record. Nothing to scoff at. He lost 3 games with the Flyers this year and got canned.

Eff Peter Laviolette, he sucks. I'd take you over Babcock though.

Babcock sucks on TV. I would give a star performance.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Only coach I consider an upgrade on Tippett that would be worth the effort is Babcock.

This team doesn't need a coaching change. It needs a heart transplant.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Laviolette won a cup and coached the Islanders to a winning record. Nothing to scoff at. He lost 3 games with the Flyers this year and got canned.

I think it's more so that he runs an offensive style game that would hurt us. I'm a pretty firm believer that defense wins championships.

WJF

Jul 19, 2007
Los Angeles
Only coach I consider an upgrade on Tippett that would be worth the effort is Babcock.

This team doesn't need a coaching change. It needs a heart transplant.

Coaching change is easier than a heart transplant. That's why it's done so often.

WJF

Jul 19, 2007
Los Angeles
I think it's more so that he runs an offensive style game that would hurt us. I'm a pretty firm believer that defense wins championships.

Wake up. We ARE playing an offensive game this year. Look at our GF/GAA. We are playing an offensive game and failing because Tippet is not that type of coach and doesn't play that kind of system.

So why hasn't he been hired?

Wait tip next year. He was fired 3 games into this season. Most teams had their staff solidified by then.

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
Coaching change is easier than a heart transplant. That's why it's done so often.

This team needs to recover from the signing that had to be made during NHL ownership. It needs to get rid of players that no longer fit this team. The coyotes arn't just four lines of grinders anymore. But there are still some that are on lines that are not grinding type of lines.

Also need to cash in our riches of D.

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
Wake up. We ARE playing an offensive game this year. Look at our GF/GAA. We are playing an offensive game and failing because Tippet is not that type of coach and doesn't play that kind of system.

Wait tip next year. He was fired 3 games into this season. Most teams had their staff solidified by then.

Buffalo didn't hire him

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
look up lack-luster performance and you'll be watching this game. Seemed like we tried to always go for the extra pass instead of shooting. And those turn overs, aagghh. I gave them a "Quit Playing Like CRAP!" yell in the 3rd. Apparently they didn't hear it or refused to listen.

Nice of you guys to get the GDT over 1000. Well done.

JTPoni23

Dec 26, 2012
Barrie, Ontario
Thanks to Smith for showing up on my birthday. The rest of the team can go do Herbies for 3 hours for all I care. Piss poor effort. The best was Schlemko handing it to the Stars forward right in front with 6 minutes left.

Wish I could've posted in the GDT.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad