GDT: Stanley Cup Qualifier Game 5: CBJ @ Leafs - Aug. 9th, 8:00 PM ET - SN, TVAS, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
IF we can pull it off, I guarantee there will be some action in downtown Toronto tonight.

It's been 16 years since this team won a series in the post season.
is today's game even considered "post season?"

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
is today's game even considered "post season?"
Yes since it’s being played after the season before the playoffs start. People holding onto the ‘this is the playoffs’ IMO are just doing so in the event that if the Leafs were to lose they could still say they made the playoffs and if they win can say they won a series. Pretty silly, IMO but once you pick a side you can’t bend. :laugh:

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Yes since it’s being played after the season before the playoffs start. People holding onto the ‘this is the playoffs’ IMO are just doing so in the event that if the Leafs were to lose they could still say they made the playoffs and if they win can say they won a series. Pretty silly, IMO but once you pick a side you can’t bend. :laugh:
so, post season, pre playoffs?

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Roll 3 lines. Tavares, Matthews and Marner. Give them 30 mins.
Jones and Werenski are good. They are not Stevens and Pronger

Reactions: Duffman955

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
IMO this will come down to Andersen. Needs to avoid giving up the softee he’s become known for.
This game should come down to out working them or even equal to them because they work hard as you can. Good solid team defense. No pinches from the defense. Stay high on pucks and counterpunching hopefully.
Andersen maintaining his save % and raising our shooting % will work ;)

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Yep, NHL no mans land. Lol.
so does winning today equal a successful season, or is that still making it out of the 1st round of the SCPO? I might be getting too old to keep up with professional sports? :help:

freewilly

Dec 5, 2017
so does winning today equal a successful season, or is that still making it out of the 1st round of the SCPO? I might be getting too old to keep up with professional sports? :help:
What the f with these low expectations? We have a capped out team in their 4th year with the kids and winning one round is a success?
There’s a difference between “improving on last year “ and “success”

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Uhh.. you do realize that Columbus has more giveaways this series, right?
I sure as hell didn’t know that. Really eh. I think we have played some really structured defense. This structure they play is the work they put in with Keefe to fix our defense all over the ice. I think it’s improvement is missed by the past narrative that was our regular season.
It’s much better.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
What the f with these low expectations? We have a capped out team in their 4th year with the kids and winning one round is a success?
There’s a difference between “improving on last year “ and “success”
winning a playoff round at least is forward progress is it not?

Reactions: Gallagbi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad