GDT: Stanley Cup Qualifier Game 5: CBJ @ Leafs - Aug. 9th, 8:00 PM ET - SN, TVAS, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
upload_2020-8-9_8-8-13.jpeg

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Hoping for a stress free game 2 repeat.

At the beginning of this series I thought that each game would come down to a race to 3 goals and the team that got there first would control the game and come away with the win, based on the strengths and weaknesses of both teams.

However after the last 2 games with both teams blowing 3-0 leads I'm not so sure there will be a stress free game regardless of the score unless its a blowout.

Series final games never seem to be stress free for Leaf fans.

Reactions: Just Rude

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
I'm from the Great White North, right, like up above the States
The big land mass that the rest of the world hates
Well, we're like, above that, f***in' north I guess
The big patch of trees where everybody's bored to death
We're just chillin' up here, sippin' syrup, playin' hockey
Before we learn to walk, we can crosscheck properly
Just rockin' plaid jackets, chainsaws we operate 'em right
f***in' eh right we do bud, we cut our weight in firewood
Every twenty minutes or so - smoke break!
And if the Leafs make the playoffs, I'll f***in' jump in the lake
f***in' buddy comes over to my place the other night
And he's like "wanna go out for a rip?"
And I was like "f***in' right!" (yeah)
So we hop in the truck and hit the mud and I was like
"Ooh f*** yeah bud"

Leaf4Life

Feb 8, 2010
I am starting to believe again. Haven't been this excited for a leaf game in a long time. Let's go!!

Macman

May 15, 2004
I won't be watching. My heart can't take it anymore. I thought I was going to have a stroke or heart attack during Game 3. I didn't watch Game 4 and that turned out OK, so my personal blackout will continue. I'll watch the game afterwards if the Leafs win. It's a matter of personal survival. Good luck all.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I won't be watching. My heart can't take it anymore. I thought I was going to have a stroke or heart attack during Game 3. I didn't watch Game 4 and that turned out OK, so my personal blackout will continue. I'll watch the game afterwards if the Leafs win. It's a matter of personal survival. Good luck all.
I may be on delay for this one too, we'll see if I can stick to it

Reactions: Macman and kb

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
My expectations are low and non-existent. So I'll enjoy this one way or another.

My expectation is overtime. I had speculated the Leafs shooters are loading up for a big game because CBJ keeps slipping into trading chances rather than trying to suffocate but its a 1 game series now. I think the Jackets will come out hard early trying to set the tone. Hopefully Freddy brings his big boy pants.

Reactions: Cobra777

Palio

Dec 9, 2015
I had accepted the leafs fate when Jenner made it 3-0. I wasn’t even in the room for the 3-1 goal. I came back, and they have sucked me right back in. Surely we Leaf fans have been suffering for long enough to not lose after a comeback like that??

Go leafs go!!

Reactions: willmma

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Remember Game 7 vs. STL oh so many years ago after Cujo had an incredible first 6 games for them?

Definitely hoping for a replay of that Game 7 tonight

Reactions: Palio and Buds17

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I don’t know if you are serious or not but i hope not Leafer. :)

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
If, after the 2nd period, the Leafs are leading, and I don't care by how many goals, if I'm Keefe I walk into the room, ask the boys to settle down and tell them, 'I have confidence in you' and then walk out.
We've been waiting to see them take the next step towards maturing as a team. Now is the time. It's up to them.

freewilly

Dec 5, 2017
I don’t understand stuff like this. You won’t watch and possibly deprive yourself of incredible moments because of the pain when they lose? Why even bother watching sports if you only watch wins after the fact?

Reactions: Dekes For Days
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad