GDT: Stanley Cup Qualifier Game 5: CBJ @ Leafs - Aug. 9th, 8:00 PM ET - SN, TVAS, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Can’t wait for game time. If Werenski is out that’s a huge blow for CBJ but whatever, they knocked out Muzzin so damn if I feel bad for them. It is not coincidence we made our comeback after Werenski went down, he’s a great player.

I’m curious to see if we start the game with the $33m line intact. I hope so, although I think it would be smart to start with the standards line and make a change after the first 5-10 minutes if only to force Torts to make some in-game adjustments and mix it up a bit.

Should be an exciting game, hopefully it’s a not a 3-0 lead for us halfway through or some other jinxy score that brings a sense of déjà vu. If so I hope they go for the 4th goal and put their foot down on their throat and not let up.

Also I want Sandin over Marincin, please let the Marincin experience come to an end. I can’t bear it anymore.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Can we have a little parade this afternoon if we win?

IF we can pull it off, I guarantee there will be some action in downtown Toronto tonight.

It's been 16 years since this team won a series in the post season.

Terrible GM

Jul 10, 2013
Maritimes
Can’t wait for game time. If Werenski is out that’s a huge blow for CBJ but whatever, they knocked out Muzzin so damn if I feel bad for them. It is not coincidence we made our comeback after Werenski went down, he’s a great player.

IF he plays today, he needs to be a target for good (clean) hard hits along the boards..

Tarmore

Nov 11, 2008
I'm hoping the Leafs play their game tonight. Not the give away fest they had for 55 minutes game 4. I have never seen a team (the Leafs) make so many passes to the other team in my life 75% of them unforced.

Hard to have sustained pressure when you keep giving the puck away.

Amazed no-one else noted this yet in any of the threads I have read.

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
I'm hoping the Leafs play their game tonight. Not the give away fest they had for 55 minutes game 4. I have never seen a team (the Leafs) make so many passes to the other team in my life 75% of them unforced.

Hard to have sustained pressure when you keep giving the puck away.

Amazed no-one else noted this yet in any of the threads I have read.

It's been happening for years. I don't know how many times I've said that all they have to do is stop standing around and when they pass the puck they need to pass it to their own players.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Werenski’s last injury was a sprained AC joint. Thats shoulder basically. There is different degrees of it but it was bad enough to be sent for a MRI so it may have been hurting like hell. Possibly they were assuming the game was in hand and they pulled him out to save him and he was slightly sore.
If he does come back, pressuring him and taking the body on him might be worth while. He could play but likely he won’t be feeling that great if he does. It wouldn’t take much to figure out if its his shoulder again. He would naturally be turning to protect the weak side.
If he’s back abuse him physically, never not finish-a check on him

edit: another thing on injury. Rielly could have been wrecked by that sneaky stick under the skate by Foligno. He needs to be hit too all night. I never said a thing about it because i was just to happy enjoying that win. That was sneaky dirty. Just saying, he needs to be remembered for that.

freewilly

Dec 5, 2017
I think auston takes over tonight. He’s the best player left in the “playoffs”... and he has been the best player on either team this series. The switch has flipped in his head and he’s going to carry us to the Tampa matchup where we dominate a hobbled lightning roster . From there, momentum takes us to lord Stanley.

leafs win the cup . Let’s go. I’m trying this new “optimism” thing .

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
I won't be watching. My heart can't take it anymore. I thought I was going to have a stroke or heart attack during Game 3. I didn't watch Game 4 and that turned out OK, so my personal blackout will continue. I'll watch the game afterwards if the Leafs win. It's a matter of personal survival. Good luck all.
Me too man! I couldn’t sleep after game 3, was just too angry. Decided not to watch game four and missed the game of my lifetime but they would have lost on OT if I had watched. What an incredible story it was to wake up to though.

Reactions: Macman

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
IMO this will come down to Andersen. Needs to avoid giving up the softee he’s become known for.

The team may have finally flipped the script on comebacks, now Andersen needs to overcome his game 7 reputation (in a game 5.)

Reactions: ACC1224

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Super pumped for this game. Should be a good one.

Will be interesting to see who is out with injury, and who will start in goal for them. Columbus is for sure going to get the first PP after the end of last game, so we've gotta be ready for the initial push.

Go Leafs Go!

baton elevated

One Man Gang
Jun 4, 2009
Werenski’s last injury was a sprained AC joint. Thats shoulder basically. There is different degrees of it but it was bad enough to be sent for a MRI so it may have been hurting like hell. Possibly they were assuming the game was in hand and they pulled him out to save him and he was slightly sore.
If he does come back, pressuring him and taking the body on him might be worth while. He could play but likely he won’t be feeling that great if he does. It wouldn’t take much to figure out if its his shoulder again. He would naturally be turning to protect the weak side.
If he’s back abuse him physically, never not finish-a check on him

edit: another thing on injury. Rielly could have been wrecked by that sneaky stick under the skate by Foligno. He needs to be hit too all night. I never said a thing about it because i was just to happy enjoying that win. That was sneaky dirty. Just saying, he needs to be remembered for that.
Good catch, I thought the same thing when i saw it. It lands in slew foot territory. Donald S Cherry would have caught it and called it out. This soft panel they have now just glosses over it.

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Seems like Keefe was at least pondering the thought of going with the;

Tavares - Matthews - Marner
Hyman - Nylander - Kapanen
Mikheyev - Kerfoot - Robertson

Set up.

Whether it's something that we start with, or only do after PK's, or if we are down, I gotta say, it was very effective.

Nylander looked a bit more engaged as a center, while that top line obviously looked incredible.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Not the give away fest they had for 55 minutes game 4. I have never seen a team (the Leafs) make so many passes to the other team in my life 75% of them unforced.
Uhh.. you do realize that Columbus has more giveaways this series, right?

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Whatever combination of skill, confidence, belief, etc. that clicked for the big boys in those last few minutes...they need to know how to access that again.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Seems like Keefe was at least pondering the thought of going with the;

Tavares - Matthews - Marner
Hyman - Nylander - Kapanen
Mikheyev - Kerfoot - Robertson

Set up.

Whether it's something that we start with, or only do after PK's, or if we are down, I gotta say, it was very effective.

Nylander looked a bit more engaged as a center, while that top line obviously looked incredible.
Personally I like the randomness of him throwing out that line versus making it a regular occurrence. Great to see them finally play together though, been far too long.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Whatever combination of skill, confidence, belief, etc. that clicked for the big boys in those last few minutes...they need to know how to access that again.
Yep and right off the hop. Quick start, first goal will be huge. Not a chance, IMO Columbus will allow another late comeback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad