GDT: Stanley Cup Qualifier Game 4: CBJ @ Leafs - Aug. 7th, 8:00 PM ET - NBCSN - SN & CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
I have lost all faith in this team and Dubas, expecting the worst. Hoping for the best but not so hopeful.

Same.

Winning this game is meaningless anyway. I’ll have faith in these guys if they can actually win this series in Game 5. Anything else is just the same shit.

What a joke we are. Montreal and Chicago weren’t even trying to win anything this year and they’ll probably accomplish more this year than we have in 16 years lol. What a pathetic franchise

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Lose please.

Just get this over with.

I don’t think anyone is happy with yesterday, but are you actually rooting for your team to lose an elimination game?

We have some great fans eh :facepalm:

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
i'd just like to see the Ref's actually call the game properly. high sticking, and too many men on the ice should never be ignored (either side, as Leafs also looked like they had too many men once) ...and hitting/boxing out players that dont have the puck shouldnt be permitted in the playoffs, because there isnt a 2nd rulebook once playoffs start, but, every year, there seems to be.
heck, let the entire year be called like playoffs, or call the playoffs like the entire year, no different for one or the other. nothing grinds my gears more than that. ...except maybe when something is a penalty in the 1st period, but, not in the 3rd, or, 1 team is up because of a PP or 2, so refs call cheap penalties to 'even it up' ...the standard, 'you know they are going to get the next one' call.
...1/3 of the league's players are technically not even under contract right now, so, this whole thing is a joke anyways.

Yeah i have no idea how those were not called. Both blatant penalties, the too many men was just ridiculous, right in front of the refs lol both guys were playing the puck and then one casually hops onto the bench. Now those 2 weren't the reason we lost, but those penalties need to be called. We still had a 3-0 lead and decided to just stop playing. We were in a strong enough position, even with the non calls, to end the game but couldn't. Wish we would just get rid of Marincin already and start giving Sandin a shot.

We already know what we're getting with Marincin, which is legitimate garbage. So playing Sandin can only help, at his worst i don't see how he can be worse than Marincin, but then he also has the upside.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Not going with any expectations and just think we will lose. Less stress and anger that way.
You just know though they will have their beat game of the season now

Again.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I don’t think anyone is happy with yesterday, but are you actually rooting for your team to lose an elimination game?

We have some great fans eh :facepalm:
I kind of get it. He's just upset with being completely let down every time.
I'm not going to ask them to lose, but will go in expecting the worst. I'm emotionally drained with this team.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
People can chirp Andy all they want... but in 3 games... Andy has let in 5 goals. I'm not saying Andy doesn't have his faults or has had a perfect series either but the Leafs have scored 6 in 3 and one was an empty netter.

The problem isn't the goalie so far.

This team is built to out score and so far it isn't happening.

They need to change that narrative tonight.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
If I were to guess, we will have a solid effort tonight and grind out a win, get a lead in game 5, and find an excruciatingly painful way to blow it.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
This is the most obvious win of all time tonight.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
That and being a fan of the Leafs is also cruel.
Pretty much the ultimate uppercut:(

Imagine how easy it would be to be a fan of a team like Colorado or Boston. Just always good. Colorado had a brief stint at the bottom, but they also won a couple cups not too long ago.

Leaf fans and Panther fans definitely have it very rough.

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
I'm sick of seeing Marner get pushed around and falling down. He's very skilled but I'd be down to move on from him. Especially now that he is making 10+ a year. I find if he doesn't have open space he is pretty useless in the offensive zone. Open space is a rare occurrence in the playoffs too. He's too weak to win the 1v1 battles in the corners and consistently gets pushed around. He is a terrific PK'er. Don't get me wrong, I was thrilled when we picked him 4th and like watching him play, and would rather him stay than JT but I'm not against moving him for the right piece or pieces. I don't see him putting on the weight/muscle that Nylander did.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
People can chirp Andy all they want... but in 3 games... Andy has let in 5 goals. I'm not saying Andy doesn't have his faults or has had a perfect series either but the Leafs have scored 6 in 3 and one was an empty netter.

The problem isn't the goalie so far.

This team is built to out score and so far it isn't happening.

They need to change that narrative tonight.

They can’t change any narrative tonight. Meaningless win to tie the series isn’t any further than we’ve gotten already. They have to win this just to even have a chance at changing the narrative

Reactions: Duffman955
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad