GDT: Stanley Cup Qualifier Game 4: CBJ @ Leafs - Aug. 7th, 8:00 PM ET - NBCSN - SN & CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Ok I was an emotional embarassment last night...over it, on to the next one...I'm predicting a Beast mode Austin Matthews...guaranteed he is absolutely pissed off about last night...hopefully that was the wake up call these guys needed that even a 29th ranked offense can beat you if you let up

GO LEAFS GO

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I would start Campbell. Btb game and they are all elimination in this series now.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
welp. i'm going into this game expecting to lose. so anything better than that will be a pleasant surprise.

this is the first time in my life hockey will be played on my birthday, i dont want to have an 0-1 birthday record though!

danron1376

Jan 3, 2011
leafs need to stop giving the opposing D free reign on the blueline when defending.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I think this collection of players has proven that it is not skill or game plan or goaltending that is preventing them from winning... it is stupidness. They are for sure the most situationally unaware group of players in the league... that is what leads to the inconceivable breakdowns... they do not have enough situational hockey sense as a group to win. The continued baffling decisions the players make throughout the game can only be described as straight up dumb.... and that is not something you can fix imo. You can cover off a player or two here and there but when you have too many on the ice at a time you get this shit. Its somewhat ironic that Holl, Marincin and Ceci were not the D that cause that loss last night.

Of course they are not always like it, we get games like Game 2 where there seems to be another level of focus, but its clear that level of mental strength is not something this group can bring night in and night out.

Of course I hope they win this game tonight and 17 more but as I said after game 1, my excitement has been boxed up for another year.

Players that need to show up tonight for me beyond the obvious:
- Hyman
- Mikheyev
- Nylander (need more from him)
- Rielly (needs to play smarter without the puck)
- Jesus Christ or your version of said*

If CLB scores first, I don't think we have a chance.

Go Leafs Go

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Goalies playing back to back has not only been statistically proven to be AWFUL, but when Andersen tried it this year he was also awful. I think they go with Andersen for the optics though.

Not only is this back to back after OT extended game, but also if the Leafs win it will be 3 games in 4 nights when game #5 the series clincher is played. Andersen does not have a strong track record in elimination games as past game #7 performances will confirm and that is with a game off in-between games. If he goes the distance for the Leafs he will be doing it on 3 games in 4 nights something we have not seen him do even in the regular season and doing it after a long layoff and not being in peak game condition.

Season is on the line so its likely going to be ride or die with Andersen, but the schedule and the situation does not favour the Leafs.

Obviously the Leafs winning yesterday, and going with Campbell today to try and close it out, followed up by a rested Andersen in game #5 if need be would have been the ideal scenario we would have liked to be facing today. But our Leafs never like to make things easy on themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad