GDT: Stanley Cup Qualifier Game 3: Leafs @ CBJ - Aug. 6th, 8:00 PM ET - NBCSN - SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I’d go with Fred both games if he has another good game. The effect of a back-to-back is mitigated by the fact there is no travel and both teams are in the exact same scenario.

Good points. Though I'd opt against it otherwise, this being an important playoff game would impact my decision into ultimately going with the starter for both games.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I agree, but the point I was arguing was your post about him not scoring or shooting. The team has a couple 40g scorers, and a handful of potential 30 goal scorers already. I would much rather see Matthews, Tavares, Barrie, Robertson, Kapanen, or Nylander taking those shots personally.

Mitch's decision making and passing has been lacklustre all season, so let's hope he finds it again. We need it if we want to get more open looks at Korpi.

I did not say anything about scoring. I said we expected more and by that, I meant the things that he does best. We need him to be the player that put up 94 points a year ago. If he and Nylander play like they can, CBJ are in a whole lot of trouble.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
JT basically sealed the game for us on Tuesday.

Marner will have a big game tonight. Its his time.
Thank you for the GDT crump, this that thang!

Also uh, Capitano JT was our truest sucka ever said tuesday. He banked that thang so hard. :clap:

It's our time now to shine on the light sons of anarchy! We bout our paper! And our personel!

On the Leafs: Invest hard! Invest hard! Invest hard!

Reactions: Kelly

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Absolutely furious that garbage officiating at the end leads to a Muzzin Injury. 2 Phantom penalties, Muzzin gets cross checked (no call made) while on the PK. Leafs need to step up big time, we lost our best defensive D-Man and most physical player. Would like to see Sandin get a shot but it'll probably be Marincin because of experience. Regardless, everyone needs to step up defensively, forwards need to back check and play a 200ft game for 60 minutes, going to be a tough one.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Thank you for the GDT crump, this that thang!

Also uh, Capitano JT was our truest sucka ever said tuesday. He banked that thang so hard. :clap:

It's our time now to shine on the light sons of anarchy! We bout our paper! And our personel!

On the Leafs: Invest hard! Invest hard! Invest hard!
Post your prose good sire and I will twerk it up the GDT

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Absolutely furious that garbage officiating at the end leads to a Muzzin Injury. 2 Phantom penalties, Muzzin gets cross checked (no call made) while on the PK. Leafs need to step up big time, we lost our best defensive D-Man and most physical player. Would like to see Sandin get a shot but it'll probably be Marincin because of experience. Regardless, everyone needs to step up defensively, forwards need to back check and play a 200ft game for 60 minutes, going to be a tough one.
Maybe we have to start listing the referees in the game thread. They couldn’t even fine the one penalty!!!! Yeah that bad

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
Maybe we have to start listing the referees in the game thread. They couldn’t even fine the one penalty!!!! Yeah that bad

Muzzin didnt get injured because of a cross check. Please dont turn into the fan base that shows their bias and ignorance of the rules by calling for suspensions.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Marner has an OHL wrist shot and nothing else in his repertoire to score with. If he doesnt walk the puck into the net, then he aint scoring any other way.

He does it all when he's "on"

Having said that he needs to step it up in the playoffs big time

Last edited:
Reactions: ToneDog

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Both Matthews and Tavares were dominant in game 2. Nylander was really good but could do a bit more. Marner was also good but he didn't dominate per say. Would be nice for Nylander but especially Marner to have great games today.
If the defencemen and Freddy can just hold the fort, they don't need to completely shut it down, just be dependable, we should be fine.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Hey guys, I have a little problem. I want to go on a RC rock crawl tonight but I don't want to miss the game. I downloaded a radio app and I am wondering do you guys know what radio station is carrying the Leafs game?

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Hey guys, I have a little problem. I want to go on a RC rock crawl tonight but I don't want to miss the game. I downloaded a radio app and I am wondering do you guys know what radio station is carrying the Leafs game?

TSN and Sportsnet both have radio apps I think. I think 680 News does as well.

Reactions: JohnnyT91

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
He does it all when he's "on"

Having said that he needs to step it up in the playoffs big time

Feels like he should watch these again. Almost all of the highlights come off him weaving and creating space whereas now he's pretty stationary

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

If I have to guess right now, Keefe goes with 7 D. We probably won't know til warm up.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Come on... Please!

LAX1.gif

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Gotta do the same thing again. Go at Columbus, use their skill, and score some goals. Of course also need Marner to really step up. He was better in Game 2, but need to take yet another step to where he can be and should be. Be nice if Nylander could score a goal or two himself of course.

Have to keep pressuring and keep in mind what is on the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad