OT: Stanley Cup Playoffs

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
I hope the Sharks sweep the Ducks.

I also hope in game #1 Kane destroys Getzlaf with a huge hit that leaves him out of the rest of the playoffs.

Reactions: Jeff Lebowski

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I’m not overly enthused by any of the West matchups. You’d have to pay me to watch an all California matchup or anything with the Mild in it. Definitely have a soft spot for Nashville, I’ll probably be pulling for them out of the West.

East is a different story. Boston-Toronto and Pittsburgh-Philly will be must-watch hockey. Washington-Columbus will be fun and nasty and the amount of speed on display in Tampa-New Jersey will be so much fun to watch.

Tampa-Pens East final, Nashville-Anaheim West final. Preds over Bolts in 6.

Completely opposite view. I'll watch EC for Jersey and that's about it. I like the Pens but this won't be their year. Any of the other clubs in the East I could give a toss about. The West is the best. That's where the hardnosed battles take place. Less of this EC 7-5 shootout shit where last goal wins and the results almost random.

I'll be cheering on the Kings as usual.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
f*** all y'all haters, I'm rooting for a Pens threepeat!

Have to admit the odds aren't good, though. They look burnt out - maybe Crosby has been saving his extra gear for the Playoffs this year as Malkin has dominated the show all season.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Want to see Hallsy and Maroon in NJ.
Want to see Boston defeat Toronto quickly.
Nashville crowd is always fun.
Winnipeg versus Nashville would be the best series in round 2, so I hope that's a thing.

Our division can take a hike. Out of pure curiosity, I might see what the Vegas atmosphere is like.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I don't believe in the Pens but the Flyers don't have a goalie and then they'll get the Capitals in the second round again, so that's a guaranteed conference final at least.

Dashh

Oct 26, 2013
damn, watching other teams in the playoffs makes our season feel that much worse.would be sweet if we had some games right now, playoff atmosphere is sweet

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
The Pens play it right. Do enough during the season to get in and then turn it up. That can be a dangerous game, but when you're that good, it works.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Those 7 shootout wins made the leafs seems so much better than they are. Completely outclassed so far. Team can’t defend at all.

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
Want to see Hallsy and Maroon in NJ.
Want to see Boston defeat Toronto quickly.
Nashville crowd is always fun.
Winnipeg versus Nashville would be the best series in round 2, so I hope that's a thing.

Our division can take a hike. Out of pure curiosity, I might see what the Vegas atmosphere is like.

I'm hoping NJ is out in 4. I don't want Maroon to have too much fun in Jersey. I'm hoping we see him back as an Oiler next season.:thumbu:

Reactions: VainGretzky

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Getzlaf window for another cup
BEFIXnZ.gif

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Waiting for the Ducks to get 3 ridiculous breaks in this series to get them to the next round just like last year.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Waiting for the Ducks to get 3 ridiculous breaks in this series to get them to the next round just like last year.

Vs another Cali team? Not a chance.

Just too bad Kesler may not get to play a lot to wear down those hips some more.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Also watching the WPG-MIN series.. Jets are absolutely loaded. That team is deep everywhere and has good prospects still coming.

Chevy has done a great job there. His next challenge is going to be keeping the team together with Wheeler, Laine, Connor, Trouba, Morrissey, Hellebyuck needing new contracts this off-season/next.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Also watching the WPG-MIN series.. Jets are absolutely loaded. That team is deep everywhere and has good prospects still coming.

Chevy has done a great job there. His next challenge is going to be keeping the team together with Wheeler, Laine, Connor, Trouba, Morrissey, Hellebyuck needing new contracts this off-season/next.
He kept them all during non playoff years did not panic trade his skill , probably closest knit team in the league they have played together for years , wish Oilers took this approach instead of moving out the skill when they were hitting prime. Paitence has built a very strong Jets team.

Reactions: McShogun99

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
He kept them all during non playoff years did not panic trade his skill , probably closest knit team in the league they have played together for years , wish Oilers took this approach instead of moving out the skill when they were hitting prime. Paitence has built a very strong Jets team.
Difference is the Jets could afford to be patient. Jets fans were just happy to have a team. Oilers fans hadn't seen playoff action for 10 years so management could not afford to be patient. Not to mention our scouting staff has failed at their jobs year after year whereas half of Winnipeg's current roster is draft picks from 2011-2016.

Only problem for Chevy is a contract like Kulikov. Absolutely will have to be moved. Perreault and Mason could be gone as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad