OT: Stanley Cup Playoffs

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Didn't see a playoffs thread, but please move this if I missed it.

Any of you guys gonna be watching? Who do you think is gonna win the cup?

I have Nashville over Tampa Bay in the finals (are we allowed to post our bracket on here?)

Reactions: Night Witch

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
giphy.gif

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I said Ducks over the Bolts before the season started and while the Ducks are on a bit of shaky ground with Gibson getting hurt every 10 minutes and Fowler out I will stand by it.

Ducks are built for playoffs and have a run in them to get out of the Pacific. Nashville and Winnipeg will kill each other and the Ducks will come in and apply the killing blow. (That said I hope the Jets win the Cup).

Bolts were wobbly to end the season but with Stamkos coming back, some rest, the ability to focus on one team and good coaching I think they they are deep enough to go far. Can’t see Pittsburgh three peating but I see them coming out of the Metro.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I’m not overly enthused by any of the West matchups. You’d have to pay me to watch an all California matchup or anything with the Mild in it. Definitely have a soft spot for Nashville, I’ll probably be pulling for them out of the West.

East is a different story. Boston-Toronto and Pittsburgh-Philly will be must-watch hockey. Washington-Columbus will be fun and nasty and the amount of speed on display in Tampa-New Jersey will be so much fun to watch.

Tampa-Pens East final, Nashville-Anaheim West final. Preds over Bolts in 6.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Western playoffs are so boring, hate to say it.

I'll be watching the Pens-Philly hopefully beat the snot out of each other.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Don't really care. Whatever happens happens .. Maybe hope a Canadian team wins it not named TO.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I don't get caught up in the "bring Canada the Cup" stuff. If it's not the Oilers winning it, the Cup can stay in Florida for all I care.

All the other Canadian fanbases are seething jealous that we won McLottery, so f*** them anyway. They wanna act like jerks towards us, I see no reason to cheer for them. Go random USA team.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
nope. unless a Canadian team goes far I guess. But I'm actually cheering for Vegas. Been a great story and it would probably be the best sports moment in years if they somehow miraculously won it all.

Oct 15, 2008
I'm interested as long as the Jets are still in it. I suspect the refs will do their best to make sure they don't make it past league favorites like Nashville or Anaheim.

Reactions: Jeff Lebowski

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Anybody but Anaheim or Toronto. The Ducks because I hope those pukes never win a Cup again in my lifetime and the Leafs because I like posting on HF and don't know if I can anymore if they win the Cup and the insufferable "Leafs Nation" takes over the board.

Rooting hard for Ovy as always, expecting the worst but hoping for the best. Fascinated to watch the Devils for obvious reasons, Jets and Knights. Lots of great storylines, should be fun.

Reactions: Haggard

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Anybody but Anaheim or Toronto. The Ducks because I hope those pukes never win a Cup again in my lifetime and the Leafs because I like posting on HF and don't know if I can anymore if they win the Cup and the insufferable "Leafs Nation" takes over the board.

If there was a hockey forum where Leafs discussions were banned. I would join.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I have Boston over Nashville in the finals. Think it's their year. They have a great combination of youth and experience.

Bolts vs Bruins will be a great 2nd round matchup, assuming they both advance from round 1. I think those two + Nashville are the best teams in the league right now.

Pens have a comparatively easy route to the CF's and it's not impossible they'd be able to win the CF's over one of Bolts/Bruins who should be really fatigued from that series. But I kinda hope the Flyers beat the Pens and Ivan Provorov starts getting some recognition for how fricking good he is.

Not really too interested in the WC side of the playoffs. If anything I hope Vegas and Winnipeg could cause some upsets. A Conference Final with those two teams battling it out would be entertaining.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Well, they are playing against the Kings so they'll get to experience real luck firsthand.
They won't beat the Kings, they have been having everyone having career years and moments, they won't keep that up against a team with a lot of experience. They'll lose in 6 and the Kings will completely take over the series in game 3.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
They won't beat the Kings, they have been having everyone having career years and moments, they won't keep that up against a team with a lot of experience. They'll lose in 6 and the Kings will completely take over the series in game 3.
And cruise to another Cup.

I hope the Knights pound them but you're probably right.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
And cruise to another Cup.

I hope the Knights pound them but you're probably right.
Well I understand that sentiment, because I do hate the Kings (though the not Sutter Kings seem to suck on the whole as a team to watch), but no I don't think the Kings could beat either Winnipeg or Nashville.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad